The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

No, but really. People are being extremely pessimistic. And that's not a good thing.

Right, people being pessimistic isn't a good thing for a game.

And its a symptom.

A symptom of DEs communicating and listening skills over time.

I don't expect them anymore to do it right themselves, several things broke that illusion (The optical changes with U14 and afterwards, removing star chart, sidescrolling mods, not seeing the picture of the mods anymore, etc. being a big chunk of this, or look at the situation with the prime gold colors, still no word or change about them.)

I have read several very good ideas by players how to fix many situations, containing often the best of two worlds. I bet I could count those implemented with the fingers on one hand.

If I needed a hand at all.

People might seem to calm down about problematic changes that were not "fixed" properly, but if you sting them, all that feelings will come up again. Collect enough of them, and the moment you poke them they will lose all trust.

Edited by Deus_X_Machina

In DE we trust.

I think everything will be all right, i love my frost prime unless DE screws up (LIKE WITH THE PLAT ONLY BOAR!!!!1111!one!1) then this will be an interesting move, if we see more weapons and warframes in rotation instead of always available it will add some interesting dynamics to the Trade market as well as rewarding long time players.

Its a new thing. A new factor brought into the game that will change a lot of future opinions. The game hasn't been affected for the worse.

You're complaints are worthless. Don't you want anything new and interesting to happen?

Don't you feel happy that you have a chance to easily gain what is possible an exotic exclusive?

Edited by (PS4)Strifedecer

Making those sets of items go makes sense since Frost, Latron and Reaper Prime were the first (besides Excal and founders) and possess some of the most common parts.

I feel like Mag Prime would have been the better choice with that logic. I see more Mag Prime stuff than I've ever seen of Frost Prime stuff.

Well, tbh frost prime is not in line with ither primes. I'd imagine they'll replace him with updated version but let the players keep the old. Kinda like on pc Lanka replaced snipetron but people who had it got to keep it anyway. Face it primes are very different looking and more powerful, frost prime is neither.

Rage rage into the night, that a Games Developer makes a radical change to "their" product. Who knows why its been done but really unless you started recently its a high chance you have all these items (pFrost was my first primed item and i got all the bits without really trying)

I for one will enjoy seeing less Latron Prime parts turn up as rewards

I didn't realise that id have to say: Intense Sarcasm Implied, i thought the Meme reel did that just fine. But honestly, what do you think about the decision and the PR?

I think it's not much of a big deal that they're locking away old and underused items for a while.

And until we know what their plans are, it is WAY too early to start throwing a tantrum about it.

whenever it comes to "Exclusives" that give Mastery points i am reluctant to feel happy, as DE removes something that has an impact in the game.

if its about cosmetics, i dont give a S#&$. But when there are people MR19 3 months before i can get to it just because i dont have some weapons (a few which are in "Vault" too), i tend to feel a bit of dissapointment as a completionist. 

I hope it wont become a bad pattern, and its actually something good. But i will judge it when it will happen.

Rage rage into the night, that a Games Developer makes a radical change to "their" product. Who knows why its been done but really unless you started recently its a high chance you have all these items (pFrost was my first primed item and i got all the bits without really trying)

The game only exists because we spend money on it, it is their product but it would be dead and have nobody working on it if not for us.

Well, end of an era .... Sure looks like it .  I have  read nearly every thread here and I think our Frosty dude is safe where he is going .

[DE]Megan hinted that the prime vault maybe new but the doors could open at anytime . Not gone,  just out of reach , for now .

Chill out my Tenno brethren he will be around again it seems .

It may be there product but we are the ones who pay for/support it so...

But fair enough.

Edited by Cyberspace100

I'm not really worried about Frost... since Frost Prime is essentially a reskin.

I wonder about Latron Prime though. This weapon fills a particular niche, that is semi-auto precision rifle or DMR. Without it there will be just Latron Wraith which is unobtainable and regular Latron which will have no weapon tier above it, leaving the entire weapon category underrepresented in the game. I guess that the Grinlok will have to fill LPrime's shoes.

Apart from that there is just burst rifles. It's similar thing with scythes, you have the top tier Hate (which relies heavily on RNG to get) or the low tier Ether Scythe... nothing in bewteen.

Edited by LocoWithGun

people just love to panic. Frost, Latron and Reaper were all but forgotten about a few days ago- now all of a sudden its the end of the world because DE wants to take them out of rotation for a while?

How can they expect DE to take them seriously? Its mostly vets who probably already have Frost that are complaining the loudest too.