Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many People Have Actually Tried Maglev?

egregiousRac

Question

Maglev is frequently referred to as one of the most useless mods in the game. The vast majority of players find that it is worthless.

Rush, on the other hand, is used by nearly everyone. It is classified as a good mod and is found to be extremely useful.

The reality is that Maglev is a better mod. It gives more of a speed boost, it completely removes any use for the stamina mods, and it makes front-flips crazy. If, for example, you put Rush on Frost you are still much slower than a Loki, but if you put on Maglev you will leave him in your dust.

This brings me back to my question, how many people actually try Maglev before relegating it to the rubbish bin?

Edited by egregiousRac

I've always used rush. I tried using maglev once and it seems limited. The boost is only gained from sliding on the ground, and not gained from sliding (kicking) mid air. This is why I don't use it. I will often run-slide-jump to slide in air, which is where I get most of my speed. Rush gives a constant run speed increase, while maglev only activates on a ground slide.

Used it with rush for a long while last year, but nowadays too many gimmicky enemies with gimmicky damage sources make me favor survivability more than movement, and my love for melee only has focus on stamina mods.

however how you said it makes front flips "crazy" will make me have to take a look at it again cause I really like front flip into air melee combo for movement, i never copter anymore.

As others said, maglev takes up a valuable slot.

I tried it out, don't think I was entirely impressed with what difference it made (couldn't really tell) so I haven't used it since.

Edited by Naith

never tried it... but never said it to be useless either.

the problem is limited mod slots.

if there would be a dedicated slot, exclusively for these kind of secondary mods. fine. but now? it's a tough enough choice already between efficiency vs strength, shield vs life, equilibrium or an augment mod... etc. maglev or rush or master thief or similar are so far down on the priority list....

having to choose your loadout carefully is totally ok! don't get me wrong. having twenty slots would be boring! but certain types of mods just do not make it into the final round of the equipment competition.

This brings me back to my question, how many people actually try Maglev before relegating it to the rubbish bin?

It's not a bad mod, about on par with Rush if you like to slide a lot. I had it equipped on my Mag (for obvious reasons) for a long time, but these days I'm mostly coptering or using air melee if I need a speed boost.

Maglev prime... weeeeeeeeeeee Imagine zero friction.

*Edit*

Actually... holy crap. I want that mod, I want mod that removes friction entirely when sliding... allowing you to slide infinitely, to pull some of them awesome vanquish moves! :D

Edited by StarScribe

Used it then threw it away. Honestly there better stuff to fill in most my frame slots and most time I'm either using melee directional or coppering...

Maglev prime... weeeeeeeeeeee Imagine zero friction.

*Edit*

Actually... holy crap. I want that mod, I want mod that removes friction entirely when sliding... allowing you to slide infinitely, to pull some of them awesome vanquish moves! :D

You might gotten a jackpot idea... hm... sounds fun :3

I'd give the nod to Maglev over Rush.

But...

Dem slots is valuable real estate.

I can almost always find more reason to slot handspring, a stamina mod, or thief's wit in it's place.

The frames that most need it don't have the space and the frames that need it least can always have something more valuable slotted in it's place.

Completely unrelated note:

Attributes provided by skills like Maglev, Rush, Marathon, Speed Holster, etc are really attributes that need to be tied to individual Mastery Rank as opposed to something that requires a sacrifice to fit into builds.

It would create a wider array of possible builds without actually affecting frame viability while also creating value in attaining higher Mastery Rank.