The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Loki Invisibility] Mass Particle Creation Causes Significant Frame Drops In-Game.

AdunSaveMe

I was playing my loki in some missions before the game killed itself on a loading screen, and for some reason, my abilities (mainly invisibility) made more particle effects.

I don't mean a few more dots. I mean triple the amount of particles. A literal cloud of effects.

I couldn't really get a screen, as the game practically froze when I did it.

Was this intentional or is it a bug? Because either way, it is bad.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Hey, uhh.... DE. 

I think you set the particle count intensity too high for Loki's Invisibility Skill.

Like, on a dial from 0 to 10, you hit 25. You might want to tone it down again, please; these frame drops are slightly amusing, but mostly annoying, and I'd hate to see it impact those on potatoes. 

6dad6EP.jpg

I took a bit of a break from warframe, so I'm not sure when this visual change to Loki's invisibility took effect. I hopped back in after U16 deployed and I have a pretty hard time with the visuals for this ability. It makes me physically ill, very nauseous and with a headache. I find it necessary to close my eyes each time I use the ability.

I usually play with bloom on which results in a very severe and sudden change in value when using invisibility. I tried playing with bloom off, and while it reduces the severe value change, the overall effect still makes me feel ill (to a slightly lesser extent though). However I'm not fond of the game's look without bloom, that is just my personal preference. Disabling Nvidia physX effects doesn't seem to help either.     

(don't mind my silly buddies playing battlefield at the time, was on TS with them)   

w/bloom on:

w/bloom off: 

These are my settings ingame:

2015_03_20_00001.jpg

2015_03_20_00002.jpg

DE is "improving" the game.

I dont get it, I must really be dumb and ignorant, the most idiot man alive.

Cause everything De does to improve, makes it so much worse, this new loki effect is another blast in the eyes of so many DE as made recently and have had for years.

- too many abilities effects from all frames, and no vision of the battlefield

- affinity/crit numbers so huge that completely block the sight of the enemy (and the only solution they made was to completely turn it all off, its so amateur of them)

-  now i see more and more particle effects, even more blinding me and blocking the sight of the enemy

- the new ability use, that dims the lights of the screen

none of it is improving, they keep adding more and more visual trash, until we can no longer shoot or aim because the game is a cluster of many effects flying around.

Edited by 7grims

Sorry DE staff, I didn't realize that my thread had been merged, it just suddenly disappeared and I thought the forums derped out, so I re-posted it. Sorry again :/

Edit: Also a big THANKS for looking into it so quickly! <3 Loving the update so far, keep up the great work

Edited by Ephee

Apologies in advance. Definitely not intended. Will have it looked at ASAP.

I may be mistaken, but casting Invisibility appears to trigger all of the visual effects a few times at once, per cast.

I say this because the 'energy outline' seems to contain many more lines than before as well.

Would explain both the cast particle increase and the line increase if the visual effects triggered, say, 3 times per cast.

It's an unintended bug you spod

All the crappy work done on visual effects is a bug?

Not only talking about loki new effect there.

Well there you go.

xD

Thanks.

Glad to see there's ppl enjoying seeing blurs, splatters and particles, instead of seeing the map and the enemy right in front of them.