Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Enhancements, What Have You Done De?

C2rtain_D2ath

They are stackable (adding the same arcane to the same cosmetic) which improves their "buffs" to you according to Scott.

So i can keep applying arcane awakening for a cumulative effect? So it just the grind to get like 10 of them then.

It's a little "meh" now... but will probably stack well with the focus system.

I'm not gonna stress over a half finished concept.

We haven't heard anything about focus for a long time now, and with DE constantly plundering focus for things like this (these arcane effects were originally supposed to be focus rewards going by what they said on livestreams), I don't know whether we'll ever get focus.

Still not seeing why people keep whining.

Examples of what you people think is "worthless" (again, these can be applied anywhere, and use no slots or mod points):

Arcane Guardian: 40% chance for +120% armor for 40 seconds when hit.

Arcane Nullifier: 80% chance to block magnetic proc.

Arcane Strike: 20% chance for +40% melee attack speed for 24 seconds when hitting with melee.

Arcane Trickery: 20% chance to go invisible for 40 seconds on a finisher.

"OH gee, perma invis that I can apply to my rhino. How awful"

That is 5 million for stacking it 10 times... You don't get it do you?

How many times you have to farm to get 10 of each? how long are you willing to farm for credit? Raid take 1 to 2 hours, and certainly farming credit takes longer

Edited by C2rtain_D2ath

How the hell does the stacking now work? Can I just get one Arcane Awakening and apply it 10 times on my item?

OR is DE actually expecting me to raid/buy 10x Arcane Awakening and then apply them all to my item? What's this about the blueprint being reusable?

How the hell does the stacking now work? Can I just get one Arcane Awakening and apply it 10 times on my item?

OR is DE actually expecting me to raid/buy 10x Arcane Awakening and then apply them all to my item? What's this about the blueprint being reusable?

you have to raid and apply a new one every time. there is a blueprint that is reusable but the "part" from the raids is consumed everytime

this is just a suggestion for some fixes since it seems to have started implementation. Use Simarus to filter rewards in raid and other areas. he seems to provide mod cards that can cut out the credit cost and narrow the randomization of transmutations. he should have a single use only gear item that narrows rewards (if it narrowed credits too, even by a fraction, that would be nice). another gear item could be made for helmets, chassis, rifle parts etc. too. idk how he has power over these things but apparently he's really smart. i still think the raid rewards themselves are fine just not the delivery

you have to raid and apply a new one every time. there is a blueprint that is reusable but the "part" from the raids is consumed everytime

Wow, useless. I guess I will not bother with them at all. I have no intention to buy 10 pieces of those when people are asking 200p for piece.

And doing the Raid mission is impossible as I don't have 8 friends who are playing Warframe. And yes I've tried it twice with random teams and it just doesn't work.

Even if I did run the Raid I would probably have to run it like 200 times in order to get TEN pieces of the same arcane with this horrible RNG system. Thanks DE, but no thanks.

Edited by Judqment8

It would be better if the arcane enhancements are not consumed if fused with a syandana or helmet. The high credits cost would still be there but at least you would not have to do the raid 24/7 to hope for another enhancement which matches your need.

You could collect all arcane enhancements and keep them forever and apply them to your helmets for the credit cost as often as you want.

Still not seeing why people keep whining.

Examples of what you people think is "worthless" (again, these can be applied anywhere, and use no slots or mod points):

Arcane Guardian: 40% chance for +120% armor for 40 seconds when hit.

Arcane Nullifier: 80% chance to block magnetic proc.

Arcane Strike: 20% chance for +40% melee attack speed for 24 seconds when hitting with melee.

Arcane Trickery: 20% chance to go invisible for 40 seconds on a finisher.

"OH gee, perma invis that I can apply to my rhino. How awful"

Let me guess. DE will now balance the game assuming everyone has Arcane Guardian?

You make it sound so simple to get it.

The game as enough cheese already. WP DE. let's add more toppings onto that cheesy pizza (game).

P.S. You can layer 10 times any toppings too! wooot

Yep. Year of Quality ........................

It would be better if the arcane enhancements are not consumed if fused with a syandana or helmet. The high credits cost would still be there but at least you would not have to do the raid 24/7 to hope for another enhancement which matches your need.

You could collect all arcane enhancements and keep them forever and apply them to your helmets for the credit cost as often as you want.

This. But nope DE does the exact opposite and decreases the cost and keeps the tedious grind and RNG wall.

I like them.

Wish I can down vote the topic.

The only thing that bugs me is the cost to implement the Arcanes, as they take around 100 small games or 10 wealthy games. Or 4 with credit boosters.

Then again, I'm not one of the many who grind-finished the Syndicates instantly when they came out, so my opinion is technically null. 

Edited by jjpdn

Wow, useless. I guess I will not bother with them at all. I have no intention to buy 10 pieces of those when people are asking 200p for piece.

And doing the Raid mission is impossible as I don't have 8 friends who are playing Warframe. And yes I've tried it twice with random teams and it just doesn't work.

Even if I did run the Raid I would probably have to run it like 200 times in order to get TEN pieces of the same arcane with this horrible RNG system. Thanks DE, but no thanks.

I had to try with 4 different groups before I got it. It's not impossible, just hard. Fitting for end-game content. On the subject of finding the right set of enhancements, you can usually trade them 1:1 to get what you want.

Oh so hard. It takes 20 minutes with a coordinated group. TEH HORRORS!

I don't know how anyone can possibly complete this! SO HARD! We actually hard to revive TWO(2!) people! GASP!

DE PLZ NERF! There is no way anyone can afford to do a 20 minute mission for godly power upgrades! WAY too much time commitment!

I had to try with 4 different groups before I got it. It's not impossible, just hard. Fitting for end-game content. On the subject of finding the right set of enhancements, you can usually trade them 1:1 to get what you want.

Fitting for end-game content? So it's fitting when I can't just go into the mission with my best buddy and clear it with our skill? But nope, I have to go recruit six more random guys which are incapable of working as a team and communicate. Well, that communicate is mostly DE's fault since there is no "working" voice chat.

I'd rather take more difficult missions which you can even solo through if you wish so. The Raid isn't difficult as long as you have a good team.

Oh so hard. It takes 20 minutes with a coordinated group. TEH HORRORS!

I don't know how anyone can possibly complete this! SO HARD! We actually hard to revive TWO(2!) people! GASP!

DE PLZ NERF! There is no way anyone can afford to do a 20 minute mission for godly power upgrades! WAY too much time commitment!

Well, good for you. You had a COORDINATED group. I already said that I don't have 8 friends that play Warframe and I don't want to spend hours in recruiting to find suitable candidates.

And godly upgrades :D?

I don't understand how DE didn't just say "Let's take the arcane helmets stats (which gave both a buff and debuff), and put them into a new raid for players to obtain and use", it really would have been a no brainer; Vets would have kept their bonuses, new players would be able to get them via playing (instead of trade), and you could make up some interesting combinations...

That's what I was hoping for. When instead I saw the buffs they were giving... I just didn't care for the raid loot anymore. I might be doing it, just for fun, but not really grinding for such lame (time-resource/benefit cost-wise) stats.

I got through the raid in about an hour got the arcane looked it up on the forms and now im pissed total waste of time i spent an hour of m time doing the hardest mission in the game and for what a piece of S#&$ enchantment that wont help u at all in the long run gg DE you done F***** it up.

I got through the raid in about an hour got the arcane looked it up on the forms and now im &!$$ed total waste of time i spent an hour of m time doing the hardest mission in the game and for what a piece of S#&$ enchantment that wont help u at all in the long run gg DE you done F***** it up.

Take a teaspoon of cement and harden up.

All the hate for the raids is  misconception that the arcanes are bad.

Look it up you have to level them by adding the same type 10 times which will give you 4x the base amount.

This is what your playing for

Arcane Acceleration ON CRITICAL HIT: 4% chance for +20% FIRE RATE to Rifles for 6 seconds

Arcane Agility ON DAMAGED: 4% chance for 20% Speed for 8 seconds

Arcane Avenger ON DAMAGED: 14% chance for a +0.4 % CRITICAL CHANCE for 8 seconds

Arcane Awakening ON RELOAD: 12% chance +60% DAMAGE to Pistols for 16 seconds.

Arcane Barrier ON DAMAGED: 4% chance to instantly restore all shields

Arcane Eruption ON ENERGY PICK UP: 20% chance to knockdown nearby enemies

Arcane Guardian ON DAMAGED: 20% chance for +60% ARMOR for 20 seconds

Arcane Healing +40% chance to resist a Radiation damage effect

Arcane Ice +40% chance to resist a Heat damage effect

Arcane Nullifier +40% Chance To Stop Magnetic Proc

Arcane Phantasm ON PARRY: 16% Chance for +20% SPEED for 12 seconds.

Arcane Pulse ON HEALTH PICKUP: 20% chance to heal nearby allies.

Arcane Rage ON HEADSHOT: 10% chance for +20% DAMAGE to RIFLE Weapons for 16 seconds

Arcane Strike ON HIT: 10% chance for +20% ATTACK SPEED to Melee Weapons for 12 seconds.

Arcane Trickery ON FINISHER: 10% chance of going invisible for 20 seconds

Arcane Warmth +40% chance to resist a Cold damage effect

Now you have completed the raid as you say took you an hour next time and the time after that wont nearly take as long half an hour at the max

Edited by SnakePlisskinn

Guild Wars 2 Exotic weapons and Legendary weapons have exactly the same damage stats.

I got given an Exotic bow just for asking a guild member because I was getting crappy drops, while a Legendary bow would probably take me at least 6 months of "grinding" my arse off at the Forge trying to get a Precursor RNG drop and burning up a ton of gear and a ton of time collecting Ecto and what not.

And then there's you people here whinging.

Hey, then don't bother with them then. It's just free extra content for the people that like Raids anyway, and will will just casually end up with them as a side-boost to Frames that are already overpowered anyway.

Guild Wars 2 Exotic weapons and Legendary weapons have exactly the same damage stats.

I got given an Exotic bow just for asking a guild member because I was getting crappy drops, while a Legendary bow would probably take me at least 6 months of "grinding" my arse off at the Forge trying to get a Precursor RNG drop and burning up a ton of gear and a ton of time collecting Ecto and what not.

And then there's you people here whinging.

Hey, then don't bother with them then. It's just free extra content for the people that like Raids anyway, and will will just casually end up with them as a side-boost to Frames that are already overpowered anyway.

I used to play a game where the best items had a 0.00001% of dropping, and for armor you had an additional 1/5 chance of it being the right type and another 1/5 chance of being the right piece, then it could have 8 stats on it but it chose from 10 stats with at least 4 of them being potentially useless and depending on your build you could actually have up to all 8 stats be not what you need. But don't worry it gets better because you also had the chance of the stats not more than what your lower tiered item, and you had an additional 1/130 chance of having the upgrade amount you need/want. I'll let you figure what the end percentage chance of dropping are

The point is, other games have more grind, but those grinds are actually worth it because let me tell you, if you somehow had a full set of that gear literally all the content in the game became null. Even the most end game of end game became easy because it was so impossibly difficult to get that it basically broke the game when you got it. If I beat the hardest most end game of end game missions a game has to offer you better believe I want to get a good reward not a, oh hey good job beating that super hard mission now pay up 500k credits and go do it at least 10 more times. At least MMOs just have a super low chance of dropping but once it did you had it, you were done and probably a bit OP afterwards. And by the rewards for the next raid probably make the last raid easy because it's balanced around the rewards for the last one because MMOs are you farm a raid so you can farm the next raid because the next one gives bigger better items than the last. That's the point of a raid, and if you supposedly play MMOs you should be able to comprehend this. The problem isn't, oh we have to grind SO MUCH, it's, we grind out and then aren't rewarded for our time and effort.

There is also the effort to reward ratio, which is different for WF than it is for say, an MMO. So when you compare the effort amounts of an MMO to WF it makes you look REALLY stupid because that's not how WF works, it's not comparable stop comparing this game to MMOs.

I've played a lot of RNG based games but at least in all of those games when I got the reward it was all worth it. DE doesn't seem to know how to make a reward worth it, I mean they are only just now starting to make Prime frames better than the normal versions instead of just being a new skin.

Also, I swear if I see another person say, "Herp derp it's free content herp derp it costs you nothing but time blah blah blah". Last tiem I checked time isn't free. In fact the reason why you have to pay for an appointment for anything is because you are taking that person's time, you are literally paying for their time. You pay by time and get paid by time, there is a reason the phrase "Time is money" exists. Don't give me that crap that wasting my time farming for something is free, it's not free I put in my time to do that and time is the most limited and valuable resource there is.

• 2 weeks later...

I know my opinion probably doesn't mean much, but still I will say this anyways.

I'm a relatively newby player. I'm mr11. I failed my first raid.

I've done 2 raids after that with a really specatular team, and we cleared in 21 minutes. The rewards for this are so snorefest I cannot begin to even describe how pitiful they are.

Oh well, at least people on trade chat will pay platinum out the butt for stuff like this.

(Especially if you are one of the very few who get something mediocre like arcane grace [which is, imo, the best one] )

P.S.

Arcane Warmth +40% chance to resist a Cold damage effect

in what universe would i care to resist cold damage from an enemy? there are mods for that, and nobody uses them. 

Edited by Valorothim