The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So There Is A Glaring Issue With This Prime Access.

Aesthetic_Dialectic

I really only want Volt and the Accessories but in order to buy volt I HAVE TO BUY ODANATA PRIME WHICH I DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE F*** ABOUT. Could they seriously make it so Prime Access has a select the S#&$ you want and then if you are buying it in bundles you get varying bonus Plat, boosters and a discount? Like you can buy only one thing, or select any combination of things and the more you select the more plat and boosters you get. It still encourages you to buy more but doesn't force stuff on you that you don't care about.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is the whole purpose of Prime Access and "value bundles" in general. They slap a bunch of stuff you don't want in with one or two things you do, and offer it at a "low price" which is much higher than you'd wish to pay for the one or two items.

Same thing with players complaining about not wanting the boosters included in the Prime Accessories. You really think DE doesn't realize that the players only are interested in Targis Prime? But if they sold Targis Prime separate, they couldn't justify the $50 price tag.

It's just business in general. I don't fault DE for it too much since they don't make many blatant cash grabs.

You can also just get it for free by playing the game right?

I could if I wanted it... but I don't. I just want Volt Prime and the accessories. I don't even care about the plat or the forum avatars. Yes, I know DE isn't going to change it. But I can dream...

You say that like other prime access packs had no mastery fodder. In which you would be severely mistaken.

I don't know, I usually liked everything in those other packs. The difference here is that all the archwing would do for me is act as mastery fodder. Expensive master fodder.

I posted a thread in General Discussion about the value of the platinum packages and Prime Access in general.  They will always bundle them together - but at least in this game you do get your money's worth if you choose to purchase any of the bundles.

A number of other games make similar bundles in which the literal value is questionable, or in some cases actually negative and you have to rely on caveat emptor to ensure you're not losing your premium currency on a deal.  With Prime Access, at least you are clearly getting spiffed - even though it can still leave you feeling stiffed when it doesn't have the stuff in it that you like.

I'm certainly not happy it has a prime Archwing in it instead of a weapon, either, for the record... but at least that's one less thing to grind for later if and when I do buy the package.

The problem with this Prime Access is that it's missing about half the content of the other Prime Accesses yet still costs as much.

It's missing exactly one thing - a weapon, and added exactly one thing instead - the Prime Archwing.

Compared to the Nova Prime Access:

1 Prime Warframe - check

2 Prime Weapons - nope, but added Prime Archwing instead

Exclusive Profile Icons - check

Verlorum Prime Sigil - traded for Edo Prime Armor

Exclusive Syandana - traded for Kyzeru Sugatra

90-day boosters - check

Edited: Yes, the content on this one is a bit different... - 1 warframe, 1 other non-warframe item, 2 cosmetics, the exclusive icons,and 2 90-day boosters.  The only iffy thing is the breakdown on the Shock package - only plat plus Onondata Prime does seem like it's going to upset some people. Nova Prime Access gave Vasto Prime, Soma Prime, plus 1050 plat for $49.99. That's $73.50 worth of plat, but two weapons is a lot more attractive to most than the archwing, I'd bet.

Edited by Llewellyn_Lionheart

Ibut I'm pretty sure that with the Nova Prime Access, the $49.99 package was for Nova and the Weapon, without any of the exclusives.

The 49.99 in nova prime access was for soma prime and vasto prime with plat. Not nova prime wf. Nova prime wf came with the 79.99 just as volt does in this one.

Edited by nms64

Oy, that's right. Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot there were two weapons released at the same time and they were both in there! My point still stands though - people that paid $49.99 for two prime weapons plus 1050 plat are not going to be the same people who will pay $49.99 for Odonata Prime plus 1050 plat; the fact that you're getting $73.50 of plat for that price notwithstanding.

Oy, that's right. Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot there were two weapons released at the same time and they were both in there! My point still stands though - people that paid $49.99 for two prime weapons plus 1050 plat are not going to be the same people who will pay $49.99 for Odonata Prime plus 1050 plat; the fact that you're getting $73.50 of plat for that price notwithstanding.

Meanwhile I'm getting 2100 Plat for 25$ quite often, and with a bit more patience so could anyone else.

To me, Prime Access will always feel like a ripoff. Accessories a tiny bit less so.

Hey look for all past PA i wanted only accesories but they were bundled with boosters to reach that ridiculous price of 50$.

Ill stay out of this but ppl pls consider that "it doesnt matter if its objectively bad since i dont find it subjectively bad" can quickly turn against you.

The boosters are worth $145.60.  $49.99 is not such a "ridiculous" price to ask for them, eh? The accessories are digital extras free on top of your cash purchase in lieu of actually receiving discounted platinum in that case - instead of buying one of the other packages where you'd get actual discounted platinum along with the boosters and other items.

I've personally never received any other coupon than the 20% off, but I know there are people that somehow keep getting the 50% and 75% ones fairly often. If you're the type that buys fairly often, and these coupons happen often enough to keep you happy, that is good.  For me, the Prime Access is a deal as these higher discount coupons are merely dreams in the wind.