Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With Camping Becoming The 'default' Way To Play Survival?

immolator1001

The best way is to group up is with like minded players.  But, our means of grouping up are limited and it would be beneficial to improve them.

Missions are a means to group up.  So missions should be correlated with play styles so that players can reliably play those play styles in coop.  Just selecting the right missions should group players for that play style.

And, camping is not inherently more efficient than not-camping for resource acquisition.  In a mobility based mission, the mini map could automatically mark valuable drops so that players know that they exist and where to go pick them up.

Edited by ThePresident777

Camping is best is because of game mechanics, it changed over a year ago.  Before mobs would run head long into you dying as you mowed them down.  That is no longer the case.

1. mobs spawn out of line of sight, usually behind a door which opens at the presence of a mob or player

2. mobs if they take any damage they run away and hide, usually behind cover.

To counter them running you have to find a suitable room with at least 2 open doors ideally 3 or 4, then stay out of line of sight of those doors and kill anything you see to trigger more spawns out of line of sight.  If not you force the spawns to happen further and further back, spreading them out lowering the chance at O2 dropping and you get less respawns, so less chance of doing long runs and having to waste capsules.

Camping is best is because of game mechanics, it changed over a year ago.  Before mobs would run head long into you dying as you mowed them down.  That is no longer the case.

1. mobs spawn out of line of sight, usually behind a door which opens at the presence of a mob or player

2. mobs if they take any damage they run away and hide, usually behind cover.

To counter them running you have to find a suitable room with at least 2 open doors ideally 3 or 4, then stay out of line of sight of those doors and kill anything you see to trigger more spawns out of line of sight.  If not you force the spawns to happen further and further back, spreading them out lowering the chance at O2 dropping and you get less respawns, so less chance of doing long runs and having to waste capsules.

Or you can find a decent room with cover and less doors for them to come through and mow them down that way.

Just sayin' 

There is a very good room in the void for running around in.

Space Campers already had Defense so that they could P1, P2,....:S, as described above. 

Space Ninjas had survival so they could run around in, playing Space Ninja. 

Now the campers have 3 endless void missions to camp in.  Where do Space Ninjas play for free, endlessly, in the void, or the star chart?

We just host our own games. I've recently started hosting 3 man Survivals because/despite my S#&$ty connection. Just make it clear in recruiting chat you don't want any campers and you'll have a pleasant experience.

Always funny when you open a non camp surv and people in group chat are like:

"Jesus finally some fun"

"Just sec i need some good music"

"Yes 40 min madness incoming"

and so on and so on,

people are actually liking to play non-camping. It´s a variety thing so. Always free running is boring, always camping is also boring. Good that there are people who like to play both. :)

Idk why it suddenly happened, but nullifiers + bombards now make it harder to run around and kill in t3/4s which may encourage people to sit in a corner where these can't hurt you

plus previously players would split up a lot in pugs, and would often end up losing pretty early because this would split the spawns up -particularly annoying if you're a desecrate nekros. Camping in a sewer eliminates the problem of bombards and people splitting up (although nullifiers are a real pain still) so it's become popular

Idc whether a group camps or not, since usually people leave at 40-60 mins anyway and you can usually achieve this by either running around or camping - it's still  the same amount of time

didn't read much of this post than just the OP, but I'll start with a little defense on this issue.(PS4 based knowledge)

After the frost prime removal, T3S keys were getting low, then add Volt P, T3S keys have become scarce, so players are trying to make sure they get the best out of each key. Which has led to specific squad set up, and further more people trying to tell me how to build my frame.(what I am expected to have). I do understand the logic behind these squads, I just don't like it.

2 examples of T3S:

Farming for frost prime parts, 3 man squad, Nova P, rhino P and a half ranked hydroid. We ran around having fun, trying classy kills, wall runs'n'guns melee combos, Ability combos. It was fun. We also got the part.

Farming Volt prime parts, 

Type 1: "Hosting T3S, need nekros and fast nova" I pm player and get invited, "Do you have key?" answer NO you said HOSTING, truth yes i do but randoms need not know. Delayed response, do you have this mod?, this aura this? this weapon? Yes to all but my weapon hasn't been worked on. Kicked..

Type 2: "Hosting T3S 60m+, need fast nova". I pm player get invited and we get in our space sperms fly to Void TS3, find spot to hide, Vauban  spams vortex, i prime, nekros d-crates and loki P kills and runs around like a madman every so often. By 50 minutes, I'm priming and killing whilst my squad get dropped every 20 seconds, usually my usuals would know its time to make the fun dash to the green Y fronts symbol, but these guys stuck it out for almost 30 more minutes(78 minutes was the final time).

Not fun. I play games to have fun and have a laugh. I'd sooner run around like a crazed lunatic than be huddled in a corner using a barrage of ability combinations that will make you hate playing warframe(same goes to you Egate, no lifers).

Edited by (PS4)covan2306

I was told the t2s I hosted was stupid by a mastery rank five because we weren't camping

I said I suppose I was stupid for in inviting randoms to take along too and that I would ignore him after the run so he wouldn't have to go on any of my stupid runs.

Mr 5 people

Is this what wf has become

Every time I host  a t4 survival someone inevitably  asks "where are we camping?"

Back in my day we ran around and killed things without needing to sit in a corner!

But seriously getting to 40 minutes in t4 survival is super doable just running around and generally sticking together. Why has everyone suddenly become so dependent on camping in some sewer?

Edit: To be clear I mean sitting in one spot spamming skills, there is nothing wrong with a team sticking in a room by the LS, the problem is when they find a dead end corner and just spam.

Edit 2: Play the game however you want, but unless the host says something don't assume they want you to sit shins deep in Corrupted's toilet water for an hour.

BTW camping in survival isn't new, what is new is assuming its the default way to play.

Not that this is being read but here is a good paraphrase of my OP

I just learned about this and did it with a loki in a t3 survival good but not fun my xbox was about to explode with those explosions

This past week, I've seen so many camps. I would be HOSTING the match, with MY key, and people would try to turn it into a camp game. To hell with that.

If I wanted to press one button all day, I'd be watching a youtube playlist.

Whats worse, I was the Nekros of a party, with a Vauban, Trinity, and Chroma... The camp spot was "no where to be found". They wanted to leave and redo, with MY key. I said hell no. I can go to 40 mins in T4S with an UNRANKED CHROMA. The sad part?  I got the best stats on everything at the end by 40 minutes.

What is wrong with you people? Why are you all so afraid to run around, kill things, and have fun?

You sit in a corner to get easy stuff, to never use it? Then call the game boring and easy once you cheese it out of everything.

I don't get you people. But I guess that's why I can go into late game with melee only, and other people struggle with their fancy boltor primes.

I'm not saying camping is cool, I don't do it because it's boring. But Warframe has gotten pretty boring, I don't even have everything in the game and it's boring because I know what to expect, you do this, collect this, wait for this, rinse and repeat. Also not everyone is a challenge @#&*( that loves to have enemies pound them till they beg.

I actually dislike camping strategies, not only is pressing 4 in the same spot super boring... the game inevitably gets all glitchy if you do it for long periods of time. Ive had people in my group complain about not being able to loot ammo, energy, or even swap weapons once my vortex of raw loot gets large enough. And god forbid something bad happens the group falls apart since you end up in a bored stupor after a few minutes of barely playing the game that excitement suddenly happening catches you off guard. (that and your group comp is all squishy support frames so everyone dies all at the same time)

On top of that, half the people only halfway even do their jobs because it's so dull that it encourages people to come afk and be carried. (looking at YOU, Nekros who didnt bring despoil and wont press 3 despite my vortexing the energy right to him)