Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] How Much Do You Love Archwing?

KidMemphis

I think Archwing is really cool, honestly. I find it lots of fun, I love the idea of it, and I think it flows pretty well. Overall, I love it.

The main problem I have with it is that it isn't fleshed out enough and that it doesn't particularly tie into the rest of the game. Archwing is just and entirely separate entity. If there were missions that combined both, or if AW directly affected the rest of the game in some way (gameplay or reward-wise, idc), then I'd be playing it far more often.

Not going to click on that but I give it a 7/10.

Why ?

Because it is so well balanced !

Far better balanced than anything else in WF at the moment.

Energy system is there but due to efficiency limitations, you can't exactly spam your powers.

It was like back in the day where Rank 5 streamline was top tier and press 4 buttons were used when you  really needed it or you have a ton of orbs around.

(at least if you avoid playing Elytron anyway).

I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork than play archwing. I WANT to like archwing, but it has too many flaws to overlook for me to actually enjoy playing. After over 150 runs on the earth and uranus interceptions, with no fluctus or centaur parts to show for my effort, and no intermediate level interception mission with with the grindwall it's not an aspect of the game I will be playing often.

I didn't like it at first but it started to pull me back in with the stealth archwing and the tactical alert and then since Odonata Prime access (AGGP reference) I have since love it and for those who don't know Odonata energy Shell gives you 50% Heat damage (based off of your current damage) and a 200% increase in crit Multipler

Archwing was a cool concept, but it still has virtually every major flaw that it had when it was first released. And, like Melee 2.0 and Damage 2.0, DE still has yet to do anything about these flaws.

- Virtually nonexistent map variety.

- Very little enemy variety.

- Most Corpus enemies are reskins of pre-existing models. (This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that the Osprey design is clearly to counteract gravity. Crewmen in jetpacks are fine. Ospreys floating up and down in space without changing the orientation of their thrusters is lazy work on DE's part.)

- Enemies hit you with either cute little spitballs or trucks loaded with dynamite with no middle ground.

- Everything's tiny. Even aiming at a common fodder unit is tedious because of how little of the screen it takes up. The only enemies that aren't tiny are treated as "massive tank" types.

Archwing:

Now with Void tier grinding! In normal missions! For every single weapon!

Experience the delightful new-player-in-Ceres difficulty!

Combat so dull you can alt-tab between enemy spawns!

3 gameplay modes that you've already experienced! But in space!

An entire 1 starting option to choose from!

Zero impact on your progression in the main game!

Rewards inferior to the beginning planets!

Play now!