Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #49 Overview

AM-Bunny

With the recent Excalibur changes, will we be seeing the "awareness" changes to other Warframes?

Potentially. If it makes sense, and it suits the power, it will receive this change.

Any update on Kubrow cosmetics/armour?

It's being worked on. Trying to figure out how it works with the various shapes/sizes of Kubrows.

Any update on Sharkwing?

Sharkwing will be released along with Update 17.

Update 16.5?

Will include a "pre-view" of the under-water tileset via Event.

DJOcFtH.jpg9xtgqRI.jpgxtt7bXm.jpgVDTVBNB.jpgqr7xntQ.jpg

Is there a philosophy regarding Warframe balance at higher and lower levels?

Ideally, all frames will be viable at all levels. It has been recognized that utility powers are more useful than pure damage powers at higher levels. Changes are being re-viewed to these damage-based powers to add a way to make them useful. 

Any plans on making Raids solo-viable?

No. They are designed from the beginning to be team-based. 

Nightmare Raid?

Raid will receive an optional Nightmare upgrade to be even more difficult.

How does Void Trader rotation work? Lots of repeats recently.

People were burning out really quickly when Baro was offering a new inventory every rotation. This is why he started repeating inventory. However, he WILL offer at least one new item each rotation.

Any new Weapon Augment mods coming?

Yes. It's a really great way to take a "beginner" weapon and make it end-game viable.

Parkour 2.0 updates?
  • Sentient trailer includes some concepts of what Parkour 2.0 will include
  • Lots of stamina revisions and how it affects parkour
  • Wall-run directionality will be included
  • Braking on walls/ziplines will be included
  • Able to control the sling jump via quick jumps and charge jumps
  • Can brake on zipline to halt movement and then charge jump/shoot from it
  • Lots of work to do to implement with the existing tilesets
  • No ETA at the moment
  • Click
    to see some pre-views of the new animations

Charge attacks update?
  • Charge attacks are returning
  • They will be much more complicated than the previous incarnation
  • They may be implemented into combo chains
  • Click
    to see some of the new Skana charging animations

Any updates on the other community-designed enemies?
  • Riot MOA is coming next
  • Coming very soon, update 16.X
  • Approach Riot MOA from behind while in his "armoured" mode to hack it!
  • Click
    to see some new Riot MOA animations!

Will every Warframe have custom PBR textures?

Yes, eventually. There's a lot of textures to cover, so be patient.

Update on destroying the Void?
  • The Void tileset isn't being taken out of the game
  • The system of the Void key/reward system is what's being re-worked
  • Update 16 was focused on end-game players. Moving forward, there will be emphasis on the early-mid game (basically following Vor's Prize)
  • The entire starchart is being re-worked/simplified

Short term PVP goals?
  • Update matchmaking so you can play with your friends
  • Fix Cephalon bugs (so quitting while holding the Cephalon doesn't ruin the game)
  • Further tweaks for weapon values, to give them more individual personality
  • Melee weapons in particular are being re-viewed

Long term PVP goals?
  • Any new weapons or Warframes will be conclave-balanced, like Chroma
  • By Update 16.5 there will be a new batch of Warframes PVP balanced
  • Update 16.5 will offer Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch player modes
  • At least 3 new maps coming in 16.5, including the Underwater tileset

De-buffs (stamina, coptoring, etc) for player holding Cephalon?

There was a lot of experimenting with exactly this while PVP was in development, but it was ultimately decided that the carrying players shouldn't be de-buffed.

Reduce the effects of coptoring in PVP?

Not until it's reduced in PVE first. There may be changes coming regarding stamina costs and distance flung.

Any possibility of Archwing PVP?

That would be really cool, but no serious development has gone into this. Trying to start small before dealing with anything complicated.

New mods in PVP?

Elemental mods are coming soon

New PVP rewards?
  • Teshin will offer special emote
  • The use of these emotes will probably not be PVP exclusive
  • There may be a "win-screen" that shows the winning screen performing these emotes as a "win pose"
  • There will be two-player emotes. You can initiate a generic Tenno greeting and another player can match it to perform a two-player emote. If the other player is in the same syndicate, it will be unique.

Edited by AM-Bunny

New PVP rewards?

• Teshin will offer special emote
  • The use of these emotes will probably not be PVP exclusive
  • There may be a "win-screen" that shows the winning screen performing these emotes as a "win pose"
  • There will be two-player emotes. You can initiate a generic Tenno greeting and another player can match it to perform a two-player emote. If the other player is in the same syndicate, it will be unique.

"Is there a philosophy regarding Warframe balance at higher and lower levels?
Ideally, all frames will be viable at all levels. It has been recognized that utility powers are more useful than pure damage powers at higher levels. Changes are being re-viewed to these damage-based powers to add a way to make them useful"

And that's way they nerf damage abilities to the ground? Because utility are better? Please DE, you can do better.

New mods in PVP?

Elemental mods are coming soon

I swear if these mods increase damage imma be reeeeal mad.

damage in PvP at the moment (inmyopinion) is great and doesn't need extra damage from elemental mods.

I swear if these mods increase damage imma be reeeeal mad.

damage in PvP at the moment (inmyopinion) is great and doesn't need extra damage from elemental mods.

There was some interesting elaboration on this that I didn't include since it was mostly implied.

Basically, the way that elements will interact with health and shields will be altered. This will be the largest change rather than straight damage. Therefore, he said that switching between primary and secondary will also be much more important since you might  have different elements for different situations.

"Is there a philosophy regarding Warframe balance at higher and lower levels?

Ideally, all frames will be viable at all levels. It has been recognized that utility powers are more useful than pure damage powers at higher levels. Changes are being re-viewed to these damage-based powers to add a way to make them useful"

And that's way they nerf damage abilities to the ground? Because utility are better? Please DE, you can do better.

If you actually watched the stream, Scott talked about how Radial Javelin has always been intended to use LOS. The old version functioned with it, remember?

If you actually watched the stream, Scott talked about how Radial Javelin has always been intended to use LOS. The old version functioned with it, remember?

But then people have to actually play the game instead of staying in 1 spot for 45+ minutes spamming '4'.

I always thought the game was supposed to be about mobility. Silly, I know.

@OP, thanks for the overview. I am SERIOUSLY stoked for Parkour 2.0. Ziplines into LAVA! YES!

Edited by Kalenath

But then people have to actually play the game instead of staying in 1 spot for 45+ minutes spamming '4'.

I always thought the game was supposed to be about mobility. Silly, I know.

@OP, thanks for the overview. I am SERIOUSLY stoked for Parkour 2.0. Ziplines into LAVA! YES!

I have absolutely no issue with the way Radial Javelin now works... I just want it to deal more damage. 

I liked this stream. 

It was a nice change. Don't get me wrong, I like Rebecca and Steve but it was kind of a nice surprise.

Also, kudos to Joe. I don't remeber seeing him on devstreams earlier. His answers were very informative.

Sadly Scott didn't say anything about recent changes to some weapons, but that's what I expected tbh.

Anyway, good stream.

Hmm, I might start watching Prime Time now.

Charge attacks update?

• [*]Charge attacks are returning[*]They will be much more complicated than the previous incarnation[*]They may be implemented into combo chains[*]Click
to see some of the new Skana charging animations

Oh no.

Oh NO.

Did DE forget that the simplicity and ease of access of the old Charge Attacks is what we loved so much about them? Now they're going right ahead and implementing some into combo chains. This is literally what they were trying to do with melee 2.0 in the first place; making combos act as an effective replacement for the simple charge attacks of old.

Is "Charge Attack 2.0" just going to be an expansion of the melee system? 'Cause the melee system could definitely use some expansion, but we'd love to have the classic simple charge attacks to go with it.

He also said other abilities may be getting the same treatment.