Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Really &!$$ed About Synoid Nerf

xenoffense

The synoid gammacor was my favorite weapon not because it was so insanely powerful but because it was a continuous fire beam weapon that had amazing ammo efficiency. Now even with ammo mutation I can't use it in high level stuff like T4 Survival and Defense. I have always love beam weapons. I loved the flux rifle and that was awesome for a while, then the synapse, that was awesome too, then the amprex came and i hated it cuz it eats ammo way too fast. The phage came out and i STILL love that weapon but of all the ones mentioned none are really THAT relevant in terms of sustained DPS anymore.

The synoid gammacor came out and it was great, it could compete with current weapons in terms of DPS (to be fair it completely wiped them out) AND it didn't run out of ammo stupidly fast.

Personally I think ammo should be infinite in this game or at least regenerative like with archwing weapons. But if you're not gonna make that radical of a change could you at least NOT ruin my (and I'm sure many others') favorite weapon.

If you're gonna nerf it then just take damage down to not be OP don't ruin the play style of the weapon

I WOULDN'T MAKE THIS POST IF IT WEREN'T IMPORTANT TO ME

edit: I forgot to mention the Quanta which DOES have good ammo efficiency. I do really like that weapon. I just don't like the visual aesthetic as much as the gammacors. Also I like having the option to aim down sights (or w/e its called in 3rd person games)

Edited by xenoffense

While it may not directly relate to the point you're trying to make, might I suggest the Quanta to you? It has great ammo economy for a beam weapon, much better range than the Gamms (50m to be precise) it can fire cube-shaped grenades, and on top of all that it still puts out a hefty amount of damage.

The only real downsides are the lack of sights to aim down (due to secondary fire) and the fact that its a primary rather than a secondary, but its well worth it if you ask me.

Get over it?

Oh look, is that the Hikou over there? Why are these things more powerful than a machine pistol? Let's rebalance them. Chop the damage by 80% and then increase fire rate by x5 to keep the DPS the same.  Let's throw them in handfuls, too, so the animations are less weird. Then it behaves like a shotgun, and they are hand thrown anyway, so we should add damage falloff.

Don't like it? Get over it.

Edited by Momaw

It's still perfectly usable, you know.

And yes, we know people will scream because it cannot out-DPS Boltor Prime anymore.

Oh, wait... it can but they can't fire it for 30 minutes nonstop anymore. No, nothing OP about that at all. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Get over it?

Is this supposed to be freedback?

Its nerfed now, why do you care? Afraid that if this got re balanced again, it wouldnt suck like it does now?

OP on the other thand isnt fine with how it got nerfed and the playstyle of the weapon changed.

It may have been ok to ask for a nerf but now the same people insist its fine

They even go on the lengths to write walls of texts and insist its fine.

Normaly, people are invested in things they care about, but not in things they dont care or want punished. But some people here are invested on keeping a net negative. Nobody would be hurt if the synoid gammacor was more like its regular version, with better stats. I am sure nobody wants a "Better" version thats objectively worse than the regular version, which the current version now is.

How about old statds, with 60% of the original damage? It still would be more reasonable but I get the feeling people arent interested in reasons and valid arguments. I have read the most disgusting and apologetic arguments ever for something so trivial as a weapon in a F2P game., in defense of a net negative

Very interesting.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

stop comparing syn gam to rifles like its a measuring stick. rifles on a whole the whole concept of balance is just whack plain and simple. rifles are supposed to be powerful shot for shot name me a weak rifle in real life that is weak. and even so you still have side arms that will match or surpass some rifles with accuracy and damage on short distance.

when you have a weak standard of a measuring stick for weapons then all weapons will be weak when you compensate them to that measurement= whack. they all feel the same and does the same damage upto a certain point when they start to fail.

here's is  food for thought<<  revolver  RSH-12

Edited by ranks21

Reposting my post from other topic:

My opinion:

I took the Synnoid Gammacor (with my 4 formas) to jackal (he was lvl 35),

and well with all the ammo i couldn't take him down, as to where Brakk, Vaykor Marelok, Telos AKbolto could do it.

Before the nerf Synnoid Gammacor melted Jackal in seconds,

I am not saying to return it to the previous state, but:

- maybe decrease ammo consumption.

- increase damage to 50-60.

So for me it isn't balanced, four forma Synnoid Gammacor which is meant to be one of the best weapons (because syndicate weapon ...) with full ammo can't take down Jackal.

Either way, I just use other weapons until another beast comes ...

Edited by gvidzix

I am not saying to return it to the previous state, but:

- increase damage to 50-60

60 damage @ 6 per second or 50 damage @ 7 per second would have been a reasonable place to put the Synoid. This would leave it solidly ahead of the standard Gammacor, but not as ridiculous as 210@2.   210@2 was a problem. It let you stack every fire rate enhancement on the gun without caring about ammo economy because it effectively didn't use ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

The playstyle remained the same, it's a continuous fire beam weapon, point click and they die.

Actually it's very different because

1. the ticks are for much smaller damage numbers now (i know there are more ticks per second)

2. I have to run around looking for ammo which is super annoying and not remotely fun

Oh look, is that the Hikou over there? Why are these things more powerful than a machine pistol? Let's rebalance them. Chop the damage by 80% and then increase fire rate by x5 to keep the DPS the same. Let's throw them in handfuls, too, so the animations are less weird. Then it behaves like a shotgun, and they are hand thrown anyway, so we should add damage falloff.

Don't like it? Get over it.

Ummm, I can haz? No joke that would be a vast improvement for the way I use the hikou.

Actually it's very different because

1. the ticks are for much smaller damage numbers now (i know there are more ticks per second)

2. I have to run around looking for ammo which is super annoying and not remotely fun

1. Can you prove via numbers the damage has been lowered? Considering that the ticks are smaller but they are more frequent vs it's previous iterations.

2. Looking for ammo isn't a reason because it's something most weapons have to deal with and downside to many ammo hogging weapons. You have pistol mutation mods.