Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Confirm That Theres A Human Body Under Their Suit?

Guest khk6

* Rhino codex, Mesa quest, Chroma quest: Warframes can operate without Tenno inside them and have a complete anatomy, including a digestive system.

As far as we know, Mesa is controlled by Infested tissue and Alad's toilet seat. Chroma is controlled by ... whatever. Maybe some Corpus invention that works similarly to Mesa, seeing that it fights alongside them. A Cyberman remains functional without a human body, too (although it's most important task is to find a new host).

The thing in the Rhino codex entry could be anything (it doesn't even mention the Rhino armour). And where did you get the part with "full anatomy and digestive system"?

* Limbo quest: Each Tenno may choose to occupy any warframe.

And why do you think that this doesn't work in the same way as e.g. changing armours in Dead Space?

When the Void survivor (we assume) halts proto-Rhino's attack, it doesn't paralyze it or put it to sleep, rather, the proto-Rhino looks at its hands in an obvious gesture of "what have I done?" or perhaps "what am I?" Before this moment, it acted on pure animalistic instinct. This isn't a psychic attack that stops the proto-Rhino, but another mind taking over or melding with its own.

It could as well be "Proto-Rhino" coming out of his frenzy. It DOES happen that people see red, go full berserk, just freak out and go on a rampage. The reptile part of the brain takes over and only afterwards, after they've cooled down again, they slowly realize what just happened, what they've done. We don't even know if the Zariman survivors stored in that room were concious enough to notice his presence and enter his mind.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced by this. Not at all.

It means nothing because this is a ploy by the Chinese to hype up the game in China.

If you see anything related to Warframe with Chinese characters on it, do not believe it.

They have been using fan made content to create said hype.

Chroma is controlled by ... whatever. Maybe some Corpus invention that works similarly to Mesa, seeing that it fights alongside them.

It wasn't Corpus controlled. The whole quest proves that and it was only there because of the Arcane Machine signal luring it. Can we stop giving Corpus so much credit?

* Vor's lore: The Grineer have taken apart Warframes and (arguably) can't find the Tenno inside

He doesn't find an empty shell. He's torn them from their shells (apparently many Tenno) and can't figure how how they have the powers they do. The suit without the Tenno inside is nothing unusual.

The proto-Rhino ate, so it must have at the very least a mouth and throat. And if the proto-Rhino simply snapped out of its rage, why was it significant that that happened in the room with the Zariman survivors, and why did that give Davis the idea that he was going to be promoted? "Oh, the Void survivors can control these living weapons so I'll be promoted" makes more sense than "oh, this dangerous creature had a sudden feeling of mercy so I'll be promoted."

DevStream 25 at about minute 34 [DE]Steve says, the Tenno was human and a Tenno is in the Warframe. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=CJbgkl1OnP0

DevStream 22 at about 17 minutes in, 17:45 is about where he says it, is where he refers to the player as, "What you are, your Tenno." 
https://www.youtube....h?v=CNtzE7BTUV8

side note: I have a theory that the low guard mentioned in some lore are, Tenno–or Tenno-like–humans that can't change into different Warframes and exhibit different powers. Though Stalker, who I believe was a low guard, seems to have a great many powers. Maybe, Stalkers rework will make him no longer just have and excessive number of Tenno powers in favor of a more unique set of abilities.
Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Eh. It is the Chinese version, so I don't really know if it is 100% accurate.

I'm Chinese, and sadly not completely fluent in Chinese, but what it pretty much says on the bottom right corner is, "You are the Tenno. Body in the inside. Suit on the outside." So, there you go. I wouldn't trust it though.

That's the Chinese version...I heard there are lots of modifications to the game to appeal to the Chinese audience, but I'm not sure.

Could mean something

Made to appeal to the censorship and the government, not to the Chinese people. >.>

Made to appeal to the censorship and the government, not to the Chinese people. >.>

There comes a tipping point where the two become inseparable. Feed a man dirt all their life and it's all they're ask for to eat.

It never seizes to amaze me, that theres actually players, that DONT think were just playing different characters, in different Frames..

I know its hard to grasp, but the Frame in Warframe, is referring to a suit that channels the innate powers of the users..

Its NOT the Frame, that generate the powers, it just enhances the powers of the person using it...

It always amazes me that there's people who don't read the dialog and then assert that they know things.

The limbo quest verbatim has ordis talking about " I do hope you'll be more careful when you inhabit the Limbo frame."

There comes a tipping point where the two become inseparable. Feed a man dirt all their life and it's all they're ask for to eat.

no, not true ...

and according to play warframe, when i play im always in my frames, i dont care what people think about, and im human as a tenno which uses the given possibillities of warframe and i know its a game

i dont need to alter my conciousness or play in a dream, no splitted personality here, i simply play because of the "storyline" or the pieces/puzzle of the story or also called lore ... =)

i simply play to protect the good things and beat that bad off as it is offered, with honour, respect and the needed kickass on spammers and useless rushers etc.

but anyway, everybody which needs to rush or spam has upon now my deepest compassion because there must be smth wrong, and maybe i can be useful and help with a different style to show and play =))))))))))

i have no need for using warframe to give agression or whatever in that direction space ... i simply do my best to play as it has to be played according to the lore ...

Edited by varais

Tenno's are basically humans infected with a virus. The body type remains the same although sometimes the skin may be metallic like Hayden Tenno from dark sector:

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Hayden_Tenno

There is nothing in Warframe that suggests the Tenno are infected by the technocyte virus, you are referring to Dark Sector which is confirmed to be not canon and less that 50% applicable to Warframe.

https://youtu.be/j7QVemHYKn4?t=3393

Our Tenno came about in the Orokin Era (or just before) the Story of dark sector is _not_ the story of our Tenno.

Also Tenno powers come from the Void, _not_ a virus, it's a fundamental difference.

Edited by SilentMobius

Dark Sector is no longer directly related to Warframe as confirmmed in Devstream #52. As such it is possible that the whole "Hayden Tenno being the first Tenno" thing is no longer true and lets be honest the Proto-skins are just fan service. They've never been anything more than fan service. It is possible now that the Tenno are not just infected beings but rather people, in particular possibly children, who have been exposed to the Void for some extended period of time as shown in Ember Prime's codex entry.

Edited by Valafor