Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Are Two Kinds Of Tennos

CanOfBeans

Tenno A: MR doesn't mean a thing! It just shows that you have been ranking up all different types of weapons, doesn't mean you are better at this game. High MR people are just there to show off that they have most of the weapons ranked up.

Tenno B: MR means everything! It shows how much time and dedication you have put into this game, grinding all the necessary parts to build weapons, unlocking all the different nodes on each planet, taking part in various events. High MR people are usually veterans who played since the game was released.

Which is true? 

P.S. I'm neither one of them, I just think that people with higher MR actually has more dedication to the game.

Tenno A: MR doesn't mean a thing! It just shows that you have been ranking up all different types of weapons, doesn't mean you are better at this game. High MR people are just there to show off that they have most of the weapons ranked up.

Tenno B: MR means everything! It shows how much time and dedication you have put into this game, grinding all the necessary parts to build weapons, unlocking all the different nodes on each planet, taking part in various events. High MR people are usually veterans who played since the game was released.

Which is true? 

P.S. I'm neither one of them, I just think that people with higher MR actually has more dedication to the game.

Tenno A.

Because I can accomplish equal to and greater than what an MR19 can do as a mastery rank 10.

Mastery doesn't represent skill, but it does show experience.

While a high mastery rank player may not be that good, it is generally worth listening to what they have to say, especially when it comes to what different weapons do what.

Which is true? 

Tenno A doesn't have high MR themselves and is afraid of any future changes that DE might bring in that will put them at disadvantage of not having bothered to level it. They tell themselves that mr shouldn't matter so they can sleep at night.

Tenno B is somewhat right, somewhat. It takes effort and time.  Experience comes with time...in most cases. Skill is aquired from experience. They are all a little linked to one another.

In every situation in life there are unusual extremes and as such there are low mr players who have skill/talent and there are high mr's who lack skill/talent. These are rare cases.

There is a rare breed of Tenno C too.

These guys mainly play for fun, but still futureproof themselves by MR leveling/aquiring resources "just in case". Even better if they are team players.

Edited by kiteohatto

Mastery doesn't represent skill, but it does show experience.

While a high mastery rank player may not be that good, it is generally worth listening to what they have to say, especially when it comes to what different weapons do what.

It's safe to say in the end we'll all reach the end.

But how we get there is what matters most. I'd say you should judge based on their total time they have on their profile. If an MR19 and an MR10 both have 1000+ hours then who do you think is more experienced and who do you think has the stronger and more forma'd gear?

It's safe to say in the end we'll all reach the end.

But how we get there is what matters most. I'd say you should judge based on their total time they have on their profile. If an MR19 and an MR10 both have 1000+ hours then who do you think is more experienced and who do you think has the stronger and more forma'd gear?

This is a slightly more accurate measure, and very true, but even then you will meet 1000 hour+ MR10 players who have a 90% usage on a Boltor Prime and Rhino Prime, with no experience elsewhere, and have no idea what a Forma actually does. (True story, more times than I would like it to be.)

Once you get down to comparing things at that level of detail, there are far more things to consider.

This is a slightly more accurate measure, and very true, but even then you will meet 1000 hour+ MR10 players who have a 90% usage on a Boltor Prime and Rhino Prime, with no experience elsewhere, and have no idea what a Forma actually does. (True story, more times than I would like it to be.)

Once you get down to comparing things at that level of detail, there are far more things to consider.

Then it wouldn't be possible for them to even reach MR10.

Those who have 1000 hours invest more time into each weapon and warframe they get than those who have 1000 hours and are already MR19.

You can even look at their mission stats and total kills stats too.

Their completion rate, their quit rate, and the number of missions they completed!

Edited by Zarozian

Tenno B is somewhat right, somewhat. It takes effort Repfarm and time.  Experience comes with time...in most cases. Skill is aquired from experience. They are all a little linked to one another.

When i see some high mr play, i can't help to think they have spend too much time in repfarm/campframe

Tenno A: High MR people are just there to show off that they have most of the weapons ranked up.

This annoys the crap out of me. For most of the game (during closed beta) I had no idea what mastery rank was or why I had it. It wasn't until Nekros update that I noticed the soma was behind a mastery wall. Since then I'm glad I did focus on mastery rank as DE does has locked more things behind mastery rank and even held a relay beta test for people above a certain mastery rank. It also draws my focus to try out all the content in the game. I had skipped a bunch of weapons but now I have a permanent slot for testing/shenanigans.

However having people claim I'm showing off when all I did was have fun, is no fun at all.

When i see some high mr play, i can't help to think they have spend too much time in repfarm/campframe

Well, thats the general assumption these days, i agree. To find out you have to look at more stats though:

-frame used

-weapon used

-hours played

username helps a little too.

Didn't have this assumption before the viver fiasco.

Edited by kiteohatto

For me I think of a collector and a completionist rather than a hardcore player.

But I will check the number of hours they've played and their overall statistics.

And of they are all greater than mine, then they are definitely hardcore and better than me and I will acknowledge that they are my senior~

But if they are less than or equal to then they are no different and nothing special to me. =/

I'm more of a Type C.  I expect people who have MR15 or Higher NOT to be falling into bleedout every five seconds but realize that MR no-longer means anything because of things like E-gate, ect.  Time?  Effort?  Maybe a bit of time, but alot of people have effortlessly leveled things by abusing that bug Game Mechanics.  If i really want to judge someone for recruiting for a clan or something?  I throw them into a T1 survival with their favorite frame, primary, secondary, and melee and see how long it takes for them to squirm.

Edited by achromos

If there's only two kinds of Tennos, then you can't be neither, you've gotta be one or the other, otherwise there's three kinds. =P

High MR people are usually veterans who played since the game was released.

This only really holds true at those moments when we have just barely enough to reach the next max MR level, and those who have the Closed Beta Vandals + every event weapon get there before everyone else.

Well, thats the general assumption these days, i agree. To find out you have to look at more stats though:

-frame used

-weapon used

-hours played

username helps a little too.

Didn't have this assumption before the viver fiasco.

Not pointing any fingers here, just generally..

Tenno A doesn't have high MR themselves and is afraid of any future changes that DE might bring in that will put them at disadvantage of not having bothered to level it. They tell themselves that mr shouldn't matter so they can sleep at night.

Tenno B is somewhat right, somewhat. It takes effort and time.  Experience comes with time...in most cases. Skill is aquired from experience. They are all a little linked to one another.

In every situation in life there are unusual extremes and as such there are low mr players who have skill/talent and there are high mr's who lack skill/talent. These are rare cases.

There is a rare breed of Tenno C too.

These guys play for mainly fun, but still futureproof themselves by MR leveling/aquiring resources "just in case". Even better if they are team players.

Looks like i'm C

If there's only two kinds of Tennos, then you can't be neither, you've gotta be one or the other, otherwise there's three kinds. =P

Well I, for one, don't give a flying fish to whoever says what, I just like playing Warframe because it's the place where i can sit in my chair, and chat freely with the people in region chat, making some new friends over the internet and playing together in missions. Who gives a fish when you have all weapons in the game, I just like running with what i have and what i like.

A. 

Although, I would say that because you unlock more trades and little things of the sort, ranking up isn't unnecessary. 

And, it is convenient to have the whole star chart unlocked, for things like alerts, but that's my personal preference.