The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Going To Be Crippled For Missing Out On Events?

FillyRarity

It's been quite some time since I've played Warframe, it really has. I don't remember when I stopped playing, but now the launcher is all new and scary.

Anyway, onto the topic.

I know how fond DE are of bringing out floppy-whoppy direct upgrades to some weapons (like the STRUN wraith or the like), and I don't really know how many have been released since. I remember way back when it was BRAKK or die and to have any other side-arm on any content worth note would put you at a considerably lower standing than the rest of your team.

Is this going to be the case starting the game again? Are there many new super-weapons that I should know about or any painted versions of weapons that are going to make mine seem less spectacular?

The only way you missing out would be on dual stat event mods but only if you look at everything with min/max mentality.

If you don't care about squeezing the biggest numbers from meta guns and just care about how much fun you can have then you haven't missed out on anything.

Edited by kiteohatto

Do you have a forma'd Amprex or Soma Prime, or Dread? There are many viable weapons other than the Brakk, I don't have one and I still come up on top on many matches. A good frame build is as important as the weapons as well.

@kiteohatto
And you aren't even missing out on many of the dual stat mods thanks to spy missions having a chance of giving them out.
I think that the only dual stat mods you can't currently get in the game are the electrical ones.

@OP
You can still do very well in this game even without the event weapons.
Sure, some of them are nice, but there are better, or at least as good, out there.
You won't really be missing out on much.

I haven't used a wrath or vandal as a main weapon since Strun. And even that didn't last long because of how poorly shotguns are handled.

And while Latron Wraith is nice, Prime is just as good. And with every Syndicate sidearm is capable of exploding. I hardly use Brakk.

But as someone mentioned, Imperator Vandal for Archwing is like one of the best guns for that mode. Yet thats also because of Archwings weak selection of content and will be supplanted by something anyone can own soon enough.

And all event mods will eventually make their way into the rewards pool for normal missions. Just takes time.

Corrupt Vor has the Cicero Crisis mods. Poison.

Spy 2.0 has Breeding Grounds mods. Fire.

Edited by Firetempest

Yes, some event mods will make your builds more effective. But those mods are tradeable, so you can always buy them off someone else. Event weapons are good, but not the best, so you don't have to use them.

I wouldn't think so. The Strun Wraith was initially stronger than the original but the Strun was buffed recently, so now the Wraith is more of a minor upgrade at best. The Brakk and Detron are both available from the main game, and IIRC the rest of the event weapons aren't gamebreakingly powerful compared to other alternatives that are readily available, so you're not missing out on the best of the best. Besides that there's the Element + Status mods, which are slowly but surely making there way into the game for newer players, and the +120% Physical Damage mods, which are only worth using on a select handful of weapons and therefore aren't a necessity by any means.

So unless I'm forgetting anything I wouldn't say you'd be crippled if you missed some events, as substantial game-changers like the Brakk and Event mods tend to make it back into the game eventually, and Wraith/Vandal weapons don't tend to be all that powerful anyway.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I know how fond DE are of bringing out floppy-whoppy direct upgrades to some weapons (like the STRUN wraith or the like), and I don't really know how many have been released since. I remember way back when it was BRAKK or die and to have any other side-arm on any content worth note would put you at a considerably lower standing than the rest of your team.

Is this going to be the case starting the game again? Are there many new super-weapons that I should know about or any painted versions of weapons that are going to make mine seem less spectacular?

Short answer: No.

Short Explanation:

Only pait job guns like the Vandal and Wraiths, aswell as primed chamber have not reappeared as obtainable in game again. These however are not a must have for high level areas.

Also, if an event reward has an entirely new model you can bet it comes back as freely obtainable like the Brakk.

Long answer: You don't miss anything necessary.

Long Explanation:

Based on the pattern of event rewards which i can see so far there are three types of event rewards which have an effect on gameplay.

1. Enhanced variants of existing weapons with a special paint job. Which are Vandals and Wraiths so far.

2. Improved enhancement mods. For example the dual stat elemental/status mods and physical damage mods which are stronger and the same across all weapons types.

3. Entirely new weapons, like the Brakk and Sheev.

So far only the first type of these rewards has not appeared as obtainable again. The Prova Vandal does not count since it was never rewarded during Gradivus and was therefor recycled as reward for a later event.

However an important thing to consider about the paint job weapons is that they seem to be enhanced based on their regular counterpart and not adjust compared to top of the line weapons.

Based on the regular version this can catapult an event weapon up to the level of most prime equipment or just to the level of solid mid tier weapons.

Compare the allready great Latron and it's Wraith version to the rather weak Machete and it's only okay Wratih version.

Event weapons simply offer a chance to carry a stronger version of their regular counterpart. They don't automatically offer the best of the best.

So if you miss an Event weapon you simply miss the chance to wield a weapon which looks like a weaker weapon with different paint job into high level content.

However there will always be plenty of regular obtainable high level weapons to get instead.

Edited by Othergrunty

The only way you missing out would be on dual stat event mods but only if you look at everything with min/max mentality.

If you don't care about squeezing the biggest numbers from meta guns and just care about how much fun you can have then you haven't missed out on anything.

You can get most of the duel stat mods in game now anyway.

Granted, you're at the mercy of RNG though.

But yeah, thats just about right OP. You're not missing out on a whole lot and all event things should come back in time.

Except some status builds are hard to get without all the duel stat mods.

nobody would be playing this game if that kind of stuff matters

there are new players everyday, obviously not everyone has those limited edition items. i don't even think anybody uses those limited edition guns/mods, because all you see are people trying to sell them in trade chat

The only thing you'll be missing are the weapons and obviously emblems. They're slowly adding the mods to regular missions cryotic front and breeding grounds are from spy missions,ciceron crysis from t4 void vor and tethras doom was available during mutalist incursions but not why sure why they removed it or at least added it to mutalist alad v drops

Nothing too 'crippling'