The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nukor: The Best-Looking Weapon No One Ever Uses

MechaTails

Nukor has the coolest beam in the game, zapping enemies with retro death-ray flare.

Nukor causes enemies to scream the most horrific death cry in the game.

Nukor looks like a mechanical mushroom. Mushrooms are awesome.

So why aren't more players using this gun?

I suggest this ability for Nukor:

•Whenever Nukor procs a status effect, the afflicted enemy develops a glowing weakspot that takes [+X%] damage when hit.

Alternately, you could make it a Steel Meridian mod.

The pseudo-reasoning for the effect is that the concentrated radiation degrades the affected area on a molecular level, turning into weak mushy jelly lol

=================================

And another thing, when Nukor causes an enemy's body to mutate and grow, does it also enlarge the hitbox or just the polygons? If that body part just to happens to be the Head, does it essentially make the head a giant easy target for severe damage, or is the hitbox still small?

Edited by DarkTails

I wish I could like it, but it came out right after the Spectra was buffed.

It was like a slap in the face. "Here's that buff you've been crying out for months, now here's an entirely better weapon! For cheaper too!"

Just me I guess. RIP Spectra.

Hey, we finally agree upon something for once.

Just kidding.

I use the Nukor sometimes on my Nova since I have a magical girl them going on with her. Pink woobie beams of friendship and love will defeat my foes.

It's probably not used much because it has a rather lackluster damage output. If it's not supposed to be an outright death ray, it should be further refined as a utility/status weapon that can control crowds of enemies. Your weak point idea is really neat. Maybe the inflated bits you make with the beam could become the weak points? Inflating a head, then, would give the Nukor an interesting way to make up for its mediocre damage per ammo consumed.

I still think that explosion effect when enemies die from it should be able to hurt or proc statuses on nearby enemies.

This too. Edited by Noble_Cactus

The Nukor is fine in terms of damage and its proc.

Wonderful gun.

Was my personal favorite gun until Synoid Gamma came out and performed a similar function with a different damage type and way more damage.

But yes its a shame nobody uses the Nukor.

It's pretty wonderful.

The Nukor is fine in terms of damage and its proc.

Wonderful gun.

Was my personal favorite gun until Synoid Gamma came out and performed a similar function with a different damage type and way more damage.

But yes its a shame nobody uses the Nukor.

It's pretty wonderful.

The Syboid is still a finger of god. No longer the middle one but its still a finger. Also its the best weapon for my "Saryn Aran" samus display in this game right now.

Edit: Why is auto correct so bad?

Edited by Issun135

I suggest this ability for Nukor:

•Whenever Nukor procs a status effect, the afflicted enemy develops a glowing weakspot that takes [+X%] damage when hit.

Alternately, you could make it a Steel Meridian mod.

Please make the bonus damage scales with crit damage. :D

Edited by yles9056

I personally prefer Spectra and Detron/Mara Detron over the Nukor.

My big issue with the Nukor is how it cannot work with the Mutalist Quanta Orbs. Basically the Orbs don't count the Nukor beams as a passable projectile so the beam stops at the Orb...not dealing damage to enemies beyond the

Nor being able to receive the crit buffs from the Mutalist Quanta Orb

- If it could utilize the Radiation bubble Orb crit buffs I would run the 2 weapons together with Speed Holster for an unorthodox crit build

The Syboid is still a finger of god. No longer the middle one but its still a finger. Also its the best weapon for my "Saryn Aran" samus display in this game right now.

Edit: Why is auto correct so bad?

Not trying to derail the subject, but the synoid is no longer a finger of god anymore. It's more like a stump of a finger, its shortness reflecting how terrible its ammo economy is. Use for burst? Brakk does it better and eats nowhere near as much ammo in the process.

On the topic of the OP:

I think we may see a rise in nukors when people finally conclude that synoid is dead as a good sustain DPS beam weapon. I only leveled my nukor for mastery fodder, but I kept it because it's actually pretty nice in terms of damage. I like the idea of it exposing weakpoints on procs though, radiation causing weakness in armor sounds plausible.

The Nukor is one of the best example on the Devs joking on players:

Critical Chance: 1%  (Yes, THAT low...)  Just give us 30% here please.

Critical Multiplier: 4.0x (Yes that high, would be marvelous and usefull at high level...)

It is funny and all, but really not suitable against strong opponents (Even once formated many times, maxed mods, etc etc).

Disapp'

Edited by Redhux

The Nukor doesn't need a higher crit chance and that's not what the weapon is meant for anyway. It's intended to inflict status procs - and lots of them.

Modded right, the Nukor is arguably one of the most ammo-efficient anti-Grineer pistols around. Granted its range is limited, but you can inflict good Radiation, Corrosive and Heat damage / procs, making it suitable against standard mooks and heavies alike. For those that don't know, yes you can mod it to do Corrosive and Heat as well as Radiation.

There are better weapons for sure, but the Nukor is still a keeper for me.