Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Limbo And Mirage Helmet (Upcoming)

faustias

Hmmm...I think I might be able to shed some light on the situation. At least on what might have been the inspiration to Mirage's new helmet. We all know that he's practically a court jester, or a Harlequin if you prefer to say that. So you really only have to look at some historical headdresses which were common at court during the late medieval period.

Like these: 

b5578ed8447d55681db8ff3b10c9d8d0.jpg

73a74e35c861a168ffa9bc11a2d4fc28.jpg

And I can't believe how many ov you people who compleatly overlooked or ignored this post

Looks like Mirage took some hairstyle advice from Síle de Tansarville.

1793193-sile_journal.png

I see it as going hand in hand with my theory as Sile's dress is inspired from late medieval fashion.

I've often wondered why her helmets are so clearly designed after the Grineer masks. Her lore and quest don't mention anything about it.

i haven't payed much attention to mirage myself, but apparently the original persona for mirage had quite the habit of mocking her prey, wearing the masks of her defeated foes (or in this case masks largely similar to them) in much the same way was a form of her mockery as an open display of those she has killed. Essentially its a taunt. 

Mirages helm kinda reminds me of the 'Brain Bug' from Starship Troopers. Looks cool.

Not a fan of the monocle, but we all knew that was coming. Now I await all the petitions to bring back mustaches... *sigh*