Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Can't We Have Archwing Missions Like The Trailer For It?

OverlordMcGeek

Once in a DEV stream they said that combined mission types are already in work.

Ship to Space also the opposite Space to Ship.

They also said that the mechanics are not ready yet and that it will be implemented later with the J3 Golem.

We all hope that we got it as soon as possible because Interception / Extermination and Sabotage are boring after a while.

Once in a DEV stream they said that combined mission types are already in work.

Ship to Space also the opposite Space to Ship.

They also said that the mechanics are not ready yet and that it will be implemented later with the J3 Golem.

We all hope that we got it as soon as possible because Interception / Extermination and Sabotage are boring after a while.

A-prayer-b4-bed-squee-24817291-400-429.j

Soon, OP, soon.

When and where did they say the new J3-Golem is going to be a new Raid Boss??

it will be a raid because of its size... probably.

You guys should start racking up Archwing stuffs if J3 Raid is imminent. Odonata works fine, really. Just start to move around... Your saving spammable grace in AW missions as Odonata is its Energy Shell and Disarray. Repel's for back-off effect and it disarms permanently.

i really would like for them to add onto AW. i love AW, but i rarely play it because its not really connected to main game. I have so many other goals in WF, that i cant find time to play around with AW.

There needs to be some gameplay advantage to playing AW. 

Because archwing is very new let them fix the bugs in it first before adding stuff such as I crash 90% going to wave 4 on interception

I am not asking for new stuff to be added. I am asking why this mission isn't a regular mission type if it is already in the game.

We have 1 mission of this type, but it´s bound to the AW quest.

Already acknowledged this in the OP, please read.

Testing and polish for a mission that already appears in game without a flaw...

Not sure if this is sarcasm...

Archwing is FAR from without it's flaws, but neither are the Ground missions. The BIG problem Archwing suffers from is that it doesn't have NEARLY enough type variation or ease of weapon access like the Ground missions do. It needs time and it needs more work put into it, but DE can't put more work into it that easily because not enough people play it, so it's not as profitable for them.

And if they can't make a profit they can't pay the people that put the work into it. It's a VICIOUS cycle.

And I'm sure you get this, but your comment was a good springboard for my little rant.

Archwing is FAR from without it's flaws, but neither are the Ground missions. The BIG problem Archwing suffers from is that it doesn't have NEARLY enough type variation or ease of weapon access like the Ground missions do. It needs time and it needs more work put into it, but DE can't put more work into it that easily because not enough people play it, so it's not as profitable for them.

And if they can't make a profit they can't pay the people that put the work into it. It's a VICIOUS cycle.

And I'm sure you get this, but your comment was a good springboard for my little rant.

You are the second person who can't read that statement properly. 

Mission.

Not archwing as a whole.

You are the second person who can't read that statement properly. 

Mission.

Not archwing as a whole.

Hmm, so it does... But that's not quite what they want to allow. What we have is a case of "you get here, cinematic plays, now you're in a new part of the map doing a new thing" - basically it's reloading you and giving you control of new pieces in a new part of the map.

What DE wants us to be able to do is jump into a mission, run through it in whatever mode, move into the next mode, and then be able to GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS ONE - and SEAMLESSLY at that. Without breaking the flow of combat with clunky cinematics. That's something The Archwing ending doesn't allow.

Hmm, so it does... But that's not quite what they want to allow. What we have is a case of "you get here, cinematic plays, now you're in a new part of the map doing a new thing" - basically it's reloading you and giving you control of new pieces in a new part of the map.

What DE wants us to be able to do is jump into a mission, run through it in whatever mode, move into the next mode, and then be able to GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS ONE - and SEAMLESSLY at that. Without breaking the flow of combat with clunky cinematics. That's something The Archwing ending doesn't allow.

The only thing that had been bothering is that they have the mission(albeit short) in the game already. They could have at the beginning added that to the star map and call the new addition of the mode you describe as an upgrade. Archwing 2.0 with the other stuff they say they are working on.

but archwing IS a mission variant. i dont think a mission variant doesnt need mission variants

Testing and polish for a mission that already appears in game without a flaw...

Hardly true - took 2-3 weeks for me to get through that mission without it crashing at the interchange. Might be ok now but clearly its not a transition they were ready to throw out to all of us on a bigger scale.

When its one specific quest mission crashing - it'll get dealt with - a new mission node type with the same problem? Yeah - I'd sit on that until I was sure the mess wouldn't happen again.