Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Whomever Thought The Flashbang Was A Good Idea.

the8anarchist

The flashbang the one bursa moa uses, whoever thought it was a good idea to turn our whole screens white, you have all of my rage and hatred. I am someone who plays in the dark and my screen going completely white hurts my eyes. You have no idea how much I want to hurt whoever thought that up.

You can turn around while he's charging the flashbang bubble before he sets it off, and you won't get flashbanged. It's a bit of a problem in this event since you have to camp the guys for 10 min while they're crappy DSL transfers your funds, in real combat these guys would be dispatched in seconds, before they could even flashbang you.

The flashbang is a common thing in video games, most of us are used to it. 

BTW playing in the dark is a bad idea as it has negative effects on your eyes and you could need glasses in the long run, I had to wear them for a time because of that. You know, ergonomics. 

The flashbang is a common thing in video games, most of us are used to it. 

No. People who don't mind it are used to it, because they didn't leave. Ask people who play other popular shooter games why they don't play counter-strike. You only get two answers: flashbangs and hacks.

Radial Blind being 50 energy on one frame and only in PvP I can handle, but If this bothers me or if they keep adding this effect to new things my support for this game goes from Grand Master and every single prime access since launch, plus plat to ZERO until they take actual steps backwards and remove some from the game. Period.

Edited by VKhaun

No. People who don't mind it are used to it, because they didn't leave. Ask people who play other popular shooter games why they don't play counter-strike. You only get two answers: flashbangs and hacks.

Radial Blind being 50 energy on one frame and only in PvP I can handle, but If this bothers me or if they keep adding this effect to new things my support for this game goes from Grand Master and every single prime access since launch, plus plat to ZERO until they take actual steps backwards and remove some from the game. Period.

Have in mind that CS has quite a few players and I have a lot of friends that play it, I seriously doubt that many of them left because of flashbangs, it's my opinion though. 

I get it, it's annoying and that is why it's used if it dropped roses they wouldn't implement it and enemies wouldn't use it. 

BTW flashbangs are not a common thing and I think making it such a big thing is overreacting.

Have in mind that CS has quite a few players and I have a lot of friends that play it, I seriously doubt that many of them left because of flashbangs, it's my opinion though. 

I get it, it's annoying and that is why it's used if it dropped roses they wouldn't implement it and enemies wouldn't use it. 

BTW flashbangs are not a common thing and I think making it such a big thing is overreacting.

Just wait till we get flooded with the new enemies and it goes off every second or two.

You can turn around while he's charging the flashbang bubble before he sets it off, and you won't get flashbanged..

What's the telegraph for the Bursa's flashbang? I know Alad V's telegraph is a specific voice cue, but the Bursa just has the same bleeps

What's the telegraph for the Bursa's flashbang? I know Alad V's telegraph is a specific voice cue, but the Bursa just has the same bleeps

It starts growing this staticy bubble. When the bubble gets big enough, it 'pops' creating the flashbang. Once you identify the bubble, you can't miss it.

Apparently you can just turn around and you won't get blinded because that's how DE thinks flash bangs work.

I can think up a few video games that run the same logic. See Shotgun damage range falloff for another anti-reality game balancer.

Edited by Archistopheles

I have zero interests in playing anything that has whiteout of the screen.

The community had the same issue with the Grineer shock-traps. With the proper feedback either here, or in Art & Animation, we should see a change. DE does respond when we have health concerns. Eye fatigue is something they will consider. I'm sure of that.

the concept of an enemy using a "flashbang" devise is ok for me, im kinda used to it, i have played CS for a long time

but the way the flash happens is not that good

maybe if the blinding effect looked a little more  like the magnetic proc, like distorting the players HUD will make it more tolerable

why do flashbangs even need to be white? Cant they be more creative in the effects of blinding players

Well, seens like some players never played cod, bf and cs.

Flashbangs blind you for a reason, making it black instead of white have no point.

Game immersion too much? Cheat and use sunglasses 8-D

Its the white saturation that hurts the most. Didnt arc traps aswell as the original ceres tileset have the exact same effects and complaints which inevitably had thier effects removed after receiving the exact same feedback?

anyway the infested are able to blind us in a awesome way without killing our eyes. So i hope its just a placeholder for something more creative.

The flashbang the one bursa moa uses, whoever thought it was a good idea to turn our whole screens white, you have all of my rage and hatred. I am someone who plays in the dark and my screen going completely white hurts my eyes. You have no idea how much I want to hurt whoever thought that up.

You might wanna try using f.lux if youre not already.

I can think up a few video games that run the same logic. See Shotgun damage range falloff for another anti-reality game balancer.

Last time I checked, kinetic energy of projectiles dropping over distance was called "ballistics" and it's quite real.

Your complaint is simply that DE has not "balanced" the concept in a "game" well enough to please you. We had OP shotguns, now we don't.

Maybe they over adjusted, but they have game logs, we don't. If enough people are using shotguns, they probably don't think they need to do anything, and unless they tell us how common shotgun use is, we are still guessing.

As far as the "flash" being pure white, that was probably the lazy way and easiest to code I'd say.

Edited by DSpite