Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursas - Power Denial Done Right? (Suggestion For Change In Nullifiers)

Krak_Nihilus

So you all probably noticed how bursas have the ability to deny power casting - they throw a sticky grenade which lets out a sphere which grows over time, and in this sphere you can't use abilities. This grenade can stick directly to your frame, and if it does it travels everywhere with you. But this grenade can be destroyed by shooting it, and the sphere doesn't stop bullets. If it sticks to you it can be taken off by simply rolling.

I think that it is way better than nullifiers. It doesn't force use of high fire rate weapons, doesn't magically block bullets, rewards accuracy with low fire rate weapons and so on.

What do you guys think about it? Would you like to see more of this kind power denial rather than nullifiers or did you already get used to them and don't want another possibly not-so-great change?

EDIT: since it was moved to feedback I decided to make a suggestion:

Take away nullifier bubble and instead make them throw these grenades. It still doesn't allow for press52win but also doesn't totally destroy gunplay, especially low fire rate weapons. This can fix most of peoples complaints about nullifiers.

What do you think about this suggestion? What would you suggest?

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

i'd be in favor of changing the nullifier's bubble shield to this new bubble or to make the nullifier's bubble break if it takes more damage than it has health so our slow RoF weapons aren't hurting so badly against them. right now AoE weapons are far more dangerous to nullifiers than high RoF weapons due to a blast next to the bubble will kill them which gives our under used launchers more utility and purpose. 

I believe both concepts are good ones, but you are right that the Bursa have far less deffective null bubbles at the moment. The nullifier crewmen could be bearable as well if DE bothered to fix the many issues with the bubble right now (slow shrink rate, damage caps ruining all slow fire weapons, etc), but for the time being the Buras are really the only proper example of power nullification done right.  

The nullifier bubble should shrink depending on how much damage it receives. For example, a 10,000 damage hit should instantly destroy the bubble, so that means slow ROF weapons like sniper rifles have a chance of destroying the bubbles just as quickly as high ROF weapons. The sticky nullifier grenade from the Bursa is actually a good concept which can be dealt with if you know what to do. The nullifier crewmen, however, need to be fixed.

EDIT: since it was moved to feedback I decided to make a suggestion:

Take away nullifier bubble and instead make them throw these grenades. It still doesn't allow for press52win but also doesn't totally destroy gunplay, especially low fire rate weapons. This can fix most of peoples complaints about nullifiers.

What do you think about this suggestion? What would you suggest?

I updated op due to being moved to feedback, to actually contain some suggestions rather than just saying I like it more than what we have.

Except it's bugged and continues to nullify you after you've dislodged it

Are you perhaps still staying within the bubble? If so it'll continue to nullify, you have to destroy the greande for it to stop working completely. Rolling doesn't destroy it, simply takes it off of you.

If that's not the case than I'm not really suprised that something in warframe is bugged....

Edited by Krak_Nihilus

So you all probably noticed how bursas have the ability to deny power casting - they throw a sticky grenade which lets out a sphere which grows over time, and in this sphere you can't use abilities. This grenade can stick directly to your frame, and if it does it travels everywhere with you. But this grenade can be destroyed by shooting it, and the sphere doesn't stop bullets. If it sticks to you it can be taken off by simply rolling.

I think that it is way better than nullifiers. It doesn't force use of high fire rate weapons, doesn't magically block bullets, rewards accuracy with low fire rate weapons and so on.

What do you guys think about it? Would you like to see more of this kind power denial rather than nullifiers or did you already get used to them and don't want another possibly not-so-great change?

It seemed like an interesting way to remove abilities. On its own, it might not be too bad or game breaking.

Then why don't we have two types of nullifiers. One is continue like we have now and another throw nullifying ball at you and do it just like Bursa's.

Or how about this... nullifiers continue what they're doing, and also able to do what Bursa is doing.

Yes. I love that idea. Please make this happen DE.

Honestly the way the isolators nullification orb works is about the only thing I like about the bursas, and I do agree with you OP I would prefer if nullifier crewmen functioned like that. Block all powers and only powers but offer no protection from weapons, as compensation they could increase the range of the bubble. And if they really want something to block guns create some sort of ballistic barrier crewman who can only block weapons. As long as they don't put too many abilities (unlike the last 3 released enemies) in their kit I would be completely okay with that.

Edited by Admoniter

OMG my head just had a great idea

-nullifier shields DO NOT block bullets, that's what corpus shields are for (you know the blue bar you have to deplete to get to the red heath bar?)
     -If they don't do this at least have high dmg lower fire rate weapons destroy or puncture through the thing in a single shot

-nullifiers with the "walking orb shields" can be equiped onto the moas because they are more fast and agile then the corpus crewman.

-Punishment for not being aware of your surroundings and having a bunch of moas swarm you 

-the Corpus crewman can throw the floaty nullifier grenades, some protection for these guys. cmon we can shoot these things and roll them off.

Are you perhaps still staying within the bubble? If so it'll continue to nullify, you have to destroy the greande for it to stop working completely. Rolling doesn't destroy it, simply takes it off of you.

You think I'm a moron? I dislodge the grenade with a roll and run a good 20 yards away from the bubble and Bursa alike. Still nullified until the nullifier grenade self-destructs

Keep in mind the nullifier grenade might take two more seconds or twenty more seconds to expire, and I'm always nullified until EXACTLY the time it takes for the self-destruct to happen. It's bugged; the grenade is still flagged as being stuck to you

This game is RIDDLED with bugs, dude; the Foundry in your LISET alone has like six different graphical glitches (thankfully all harmless)

Edited by TARINunit9