Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

253 Nodes On The Star Map To 20

Spindle99

They could expand the drop tables by how a particular unit is killed.

Warframe power, primary, secondary, melee.

So multiple units can carry the same rares, but they need to be killed a certain way for it. Specially useful for variants like Lancer, frontier lancer, arid lancer if we get stuck with specific grineer tiles per day.

Yet should they also add variants as well as there are no arid Commanders. Or no anti-moas outside of the gas city. Unless you just toss their drops to other corpus and grineer units using the expanded drop tables so they are still unique when you go to specific tiles.

It's just more difficult to see what is going right with this change, especially with such limited information (also de seems to be trending bad decisions so I fault no one for immediately heading that direction)

And the problem with the star chart was never it having too many nodes, the problem with it was the lack of reason to run them. The introduction of dual stat mods as possible rewards for spy missions was a step in the right direction, but then was never built further upon. It was also only done a very solo-centric game mode. So it isn't as if they didn't have other routes to go with this situation, heck the void in itself could have just been pegged down a bit and other nodes would get more uses, but instead of making the void no longer contain everything (prime items, rare cores and other good mods, credits, and resources) they'd rather just reroute the entire map (which could be good or bad, but is still far more iffy).

Also, best of anything within this game can be very flexible. Are you looking for the best exp farm? Best core farm? Best credit farm? Best place to farm both exp and credits? Best place to farm credits and cores? Best place to farm a specific resource? Best place to farm a particular mod? There is plenty of bests for a majority of nodes to be a contender for, like every spy node now is the best for farming the particular mod that is only obtainable from that node on that specific planet. Of course there will always be a best for something, but it isn't impossible to make most of the things good at a combination of things to make each desirable in their own situation.

But alas de would rather do large erratic changes, than stick to something for the long haul with gradual adjustments until they get it right. But I will certainly hope this new shift works out, and perhaps it will, the details are so sparse it's hard to tell at the moment. Next Dev stream we should all really ask for some more information on this map change so I know how worried or not I should be.

You further prove my point

"We don't have enough info, so let's assume the worse"

You ask for "more" rewards, but you funny realise that no matter what they do, increasing rewards for all 200+ nodes does nothing. Humans don't pick randomly. There will always be favorites and it will always leave 90% of star chart empty.

Your assumption is that sweeping changes are bad because DE?

Increase rewards just mean that those miss out resources will soon be exhausted and become common. Only reason neural sensors are valuable is because you don't get many of them. If they dispersed then throughout the current start chart, then the mission that's fasted to complete becomes the new NS farming spot.

Edited by Hypernaut1

They could expand the drop tables by how a particular unit is killed.

Warframe power, primary, secondary, melee.

So multiple units can carry the same rares, but they need to be killed a certain way for it. Specially useful for variants like Lancer, frontier lancer, arid lancer if we get stuck with specific grineer tiles per day.

Yet should they also add variants as well as there are no arid Commanders. Or no anti-moas outside of the gas city. Unless you just toss their drops to other corpus and grineer units using the expanded drop tables so they are still unique when you go to specific tiles.

This would force people to play in certain ways, that is what Devs don't want. And I think players neither. 

You further prove my point

"We don't have enough info, so let's assume the worse"

You ask for "more" rewards, but you funny realise that no matter what they do, increasing rewards for all 200+ nodes does nothing. Humans don't pick randomly. There will always be favorites and it will always leave 90% of star chart empty.

Increase rewards just mean that those miss out resources will soon be exhausted and become common. Only reason neural sensors are valuable is because you don't get many of them. If they dispersed then throughout the current start chart, then the mission that's fasted to complete becomes the new NS farming spot.

No, we assume the worst because we have a lack of information AND this game has recently been not the best at making changes, the lack of info makes us wonder and the trend directs in a negative fashion. It's entirely reasonable. 

And the key is to make sure the rewards are relevant, and specific to certain nodes, as I said you aren't going to be able to make all nodes always active and viable, that's just how games are in general, everything can't always be relevant, but you can make decent chunk have value as to the three or four we have now. The point is for each of them to have specific values, not where you seem to think I'm going which is give everything the same new stuff, that's the huge issue with the void, it has all the stuff and thus gives no reason to go elsewhere. If resources were less generalized, if keys weren't all part of a universal rotation pool and set to particular planets, if mods or even kurbrow were made specific to certain nodes or maps, all of these would give nodes functionality that is continuous. 

Something key in this is also making sure some nodes aren't too rewarding, a.k.a this big bad void that has everything in one and makes everything else trivial. 

No, we assume the worst because we have a lack of information AND this game has recently been not the best at making changes, the lack of info makes us wonder and the trend directs in a negative fashion. It's entirely reasonable. 

And the key is to make sure the rewards are relevant, and specific to certain nodes, as I said you aren't going to be able to make all nodes always active and viable, that's just how games are in general, everything can't always be relevant, but you can make decent chunk have value as to the three or four we have now. The point is for each of them to have specific values, not where you seem to think I'm going which is give everything the same new stuff, that's the huge issue with the void, it has all the stuff and thus gives no reason to go elsewhere. If resources were less generalized, if keys weren't all part of a universal rotation pool and set to particular planets, if mods or even kurbrow were made specific to certain nodes or maps, all of these would give nodes functionality that is continuous. 

Something key in this is also making sure some nodes aren't too rewarding, a.k.a this big bad void that has everything in one and makes everything else trivial. 

You just sound salty. What are all of these terrible changes the game is making? Its only you who choose to see everything as a negative while completely ignoring the HUGE list of positive changes. I would go as far to say 95% of all changes have been positive for this game. The biggest blunders were quickly fixed, and the rest are a work in progress. 

i for one, welcome the condensation of the star chart. A majority of it stayed empty, and its difficult for new players to even progress at a consistent pace because later nodes are always empty. DE is a great company and there decision making has been great when it comes to adding onto the game. Sure, there are a few things that need work, like AW, but i still wouldnt call these bad addition, just unfinished. The game is no worse for having them.

I think cut is bit too extreme. We have 10+ planets/moons and cutting to 20 means there will be places without anything. I would prefer cut missions to about 4-5  nodes and one archwing per planet 1 boss, 1 exe/sabotage, 1 capture/rescue/spy, 1 "new void mission"/hijack/hive and 1 defence/survival/escalation/mobile defence. let see how this goes, especially when void will be blown up. 

I feel like it would be nice to still have all planets there...but then have missions pop up a little in alert style. So you'll have like 3 missions (and always the boss node) up on each planet that cycle through different mission types. 

If an alert starts on that planet..it's 4 missions.
If a faction battle starts on that planet...it's like up to 8 missions at once active.

And once it all settles down again you're back to a cycle of 3 missions + boss + DS.

Some planets just have an unnecessary amount of missions...and I feel like having to clear them like this is just unfun..especially since many of them are often ghost towns. 
Now if there are only 3 active missions at any given time..you're almost bound to always have people to play missions with...and planet clear turns into "do X amount of missions + boss"

Edited by Shehriazad

I feel like it would be nice to still have all planets there...but then have missions pop up a little in alert style. So you'll have like 3 missions (and always the boss node) up on each planet that cycle through different mission types. 

If an alert starts on that planet..it's 4 missions.

If a faction battle starts on that planet...it's like up to 8 missions at once active.

And once it all settles down again you're back to a cycle of 3 missions + boss + DS.

Some planets just have an unnecessary amount of missions...and I feel like having to clear them like this is just unfun..especially since many of them are often ghost towns. 

Now if there are only 3 active missions at any given time..you're almost bound to always have people to play missions with...and planet clear turns into "do X amount of missions + boss"

We will still need easy way of farming resources and mods. If nodes and planets go on cycle, we might end up without specific resources for a day or more.

And that will create rage effect among community.

The way they were talking about it on a previous devstream, I get the impression that when you open the solar map that rather than picking a node that has its own inherent gamemode, level and tileset that you will click a button that says for example "Rescue" and then it throws you into a random tileset (they said even tilesets like mercury would be playable on high level missions).

How the level is determined I dont know, I hope its not more conclave scaling as that would make levelling weapons very difficult and the conclave system is broken enough as is.

Pretty much this.

It will solve a lot of problems, like:

- Rarely seeing some of the more beautiful tile-sets like on Europe

- Rarely finding players when doing certain star-chart missions.

- No cherry picking mission nodes.

A bit of a controversial cause the high ranked farmers who dedicate to 1 tile-set cause its more efficient then others. (e.g. Viver/that excavation         note I forgot the name of) However some people do this to limit the grind they need for certain items. Experience farming is highly dependent on       the nodes and how their spawn rooms are laid out, for example. Personally I wouldn't see this as much of a downside, but I know some people in this game feel   different about it.

I'm wondering too how their going to solve the lvl issue though.. 

- Simplest would be too have 2 or 3 lvl options, where it states how many players are doing them on that difficulty.

That way higher lvl players can choose if they wanna help out lower lvl players.

- An other option would be to base enemy lvl off of the average player MR, (E.G. MR 0-5 = lvl 1-10 , MR 5-10 = lvl 10-20 , MR 10+ = lvl 20+)

This would cause some problems, cause a player could be decked out in Boltor P and Rhino P , fully potato'd and forma'd before mr 4, eliminating   any challenge he might get. Its simply to hard to base player lvl on any stat currently in-game, to provide an adequate challenge.

You just sound salty. What are all of these terrible changes the game is making? Its only you who choose to see everything as a negative while completely ignoring the HUGE list of positive changes. I would go as far to say 95% of all changes have been positive for this game. The biggest blunders were quickly fixed, and the rest are a work in progress. 

i for one, welcome the condensation of the star chart. A majority of it stayed empty, and its difficult for new players to even progress at a consistent pace because later nodes are always empty. DE is a great company and there decision making has been great when it comes to adding onto the game. Sure, there are a few things that need work, like AW, but i still wouldnt call these bad addition, just unfinished. The game is no worse for having them.

Yes, because how terrible a person I am for not finding everything they do great. How dare, I must be some angry bitter hate filled soul. But no seriously, have you payed attention to some of their changes? They literally removed a prime from the drop tables instead of fixing them, increased the grind for R5 cores, made an already very lack luster frame even more lack luster (excalibur) to the point the they got enough lashback they are revamping him, archwing was a distaster compared to what it could have been, the whole beginning of chroma was a tragedy, need I go on? And that's just seeing it how it is, I'm not by any means forcing myself to see a bad that isn't there, it is just there. Same as I can acknowledge they've made some good additions as well, such a the syndicates and the sanctuary. 

And who doesn't welcome a way to repair the currently flawed star chart system, there is no downfall to having more players accessible per node. That doesn't immediately mean we can't be concerned about the process and if it might not work, just trying does not make a success. Why do you think I listed the other means that could as well bring more activity to the nodes, because we all want it. We just don't know how safe this coming change is, and we don't want another archwing where it's far less than it could have been and we'll wait months or more for a possible repair. This is all without thinking what if its worse, if its a step back from what we have now, and we just have to deal with it until de gets to repairs, I mean obviously this isn't a small thing so if it goes wrong it will be that way for quite a while. But sorry for being cautious for a game I enjoy and want to see grow and flourish, not possibly wilt. 

This could be a great change if done right. Have it so you select the planet, then select the mission type of that planet, and then the regular or nightmare mode. I see that as the best way to do this so there is technically only 1 node per planet but that one node makes it so you can select any mission type and difficulty. They already have that with the multi missions on current node. I don't see any downside people have raged about if using this setup.

This could be a great change if done right. Have it so you select the planet, then select the mission type of that planet, and then the regular or nightmare mode. I see that as the best way to do this so there is technically only 1 node per planet but that one node makes it so you can select any mission type and difficulty. They already have that with the multi missions on current node. I don't see any downside people have raged about if using this setup.

Problem is, DE is using RNG for everything, so people are a bit sceptical about this. Biggest issue that might come out of this if we end up being locked with certain mission type on certain node for limited amount of time.

Lets say Jupiter tileset, Capture mission only for 12 hours. Or Void crack on random planet, Sabotage mission for 12 hours.

To me right now (from the very limited information they are giving) it feels like I'm having the park taken away from me and I'm being given a small garden to play in.

The only way I can see them doing this with 20 nodes is denial of the content you want to do on the map you want to do it and instead being forced to wait on a RNG map/mission change.  To me right now, that sounds horrible.

Imagine if the Void change now works like a kind of alert system too, so you can't do whatever void you want to when you want to you gotta wait for the one you want to become available.

20 nodes would include everything, including voids so...this is looking like a huge restriction.

This is exactly what we should all FEAR on top of limited exploration time restriction and even more RNG/TIME walls for alerts/resources/void/invasion rewards I sincerely hope DE won't use the reduction of the or destruction of the star chart for this purpose.

That along with all the exploration restriction feels like a step backward in terms of players content instead of expanding the star chart they are contracting it. If they really wanted a simpler solution to the star chart UI for confused newbies on where and which planet to progress to after completing mercury then they should just simply show all the locked planets and nodes for THE NEW PLAYER along with an indication on top of the node/planet how much mastery XP they will gain from completing along with that they SHOULD ALSO JUST IMPROVE THE REWARD SYSTEM IN THE NORMAL STAR CHART MISSIONS. Which is the why they are justifying the reduction of nodes right? but I think they should keep the node systems as it has been hard work for them in creating it and for us since we invested time in completing it they should even expand on it to give VETERAN PLAYERS more things to even explore otherwise we would be even more BORED/BURNED OUT since we already have more or less everything in game. EXPLORATION/LORE AND QUESTS and even more LOOT accompanied by them is the solution to burn out. Not throw some more content for you to build for meaningless xp since the FOCUS system is still being worked on.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

Digital extremes being extreme again.

I preferred the original star chart with the nodes :(

Granted they are going to streamline the Star chart, but I do like a bit of choice.

For example Narcissus and Outer Terminus are both defence maps.

But 1 is indoor and another 1 is outdoor.

Oh well I shall see what happens again.

Great part of DC players feedbacks are something like 'Wow that's great! I cannot wait to have it!' or 'Wow good job DE it's amazing'. 

So, you shouldn't have too many expectations.

There's also the fact that they don't tend to show real drastic changes to Design Council. Every once in a while there's something neat, but they don't come to us with nerf plans or things, asking if they seem balanced.

My question is what happens to Grandmasters location on these nodes ? Do they just get added to the planet itself ?

I asked that in the devstream. I believe it was scott, but someone said that the landmarks would be moved to the relays.