The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Eviscerator Is Done...

Gelkor

Holy hell the wait is maddening, it is utterly unacceptable if it's true that we have to wait another friggin week on top of the 22 days (25 if you count the three days waiting period before Simaris choose the Arid Eviserator), a lazy fan fiction writer who has to study for finals could whip up some cryptic lore by then.

DE, the right thing to do here is to hire a full time writer for the lore, because this kind of wait in insane.

We have to wait till next week for lore? Dang, I thought that was the whole point of why it felt like it takes forever to scan them to begin with: to give the lore-writer plenty of time to write some lore.

If this were the case, the damn things would be better checked for spelling and grammar errors.

This doesn't make any sense, and I'm doing my best to view it from the point of view of a DE designer as best I can.

I had made the admitted assumption that the lore was chosen somewhere before the target was assigned and made public. Even if this turns out not to be the case: There was a literal, percentage based countdown of when it would end. A deadline, basically.

Why wasn't the move made to have the lore prepped to go before that percentage timer capped out, ignoring the obvious question of why wasn't one cleared to go out before the next target was chosen? I figured it was being pulled from some hidden forum contest/lore event viewed only by Founders or the like, with lore being selected before targets went up, so we'd...yaknow, have something.

What's the long term plan here, then, if that's not the case?

People got the hankerin' for lore, let us have some DE!  Make with the wordy constructions and paragraphical thesis conflabulatory paradigms! It's just a tidbit of lore, not a 600 page novel! You can do it!

Merco and I can be that professional writer.

Though unless DE fills you in on what to write about and exactly how to write it, players writing lore will just make the lore go according to how they want it to go rather than how the devs want it to go.

Look up simaris on the wiki, thatll give u a small idea of what this is.

But incase that doesnt help:

On the second floor of the relay lies a cephalon by the name of Simaris. Like most cephalon, he is in persuit of knowledge. He also understands nothing living last forever. So, he has tasked us tenno to hunt for synthesis targets for him, so he can preserve their knowledge inside his sanctuary forever.

And in exchange for helping him, he will share his knowledge with you.

On PC just now, the arid evisarator was judt completed. We should be getting lore for this scan... But you can see whats happening from the pages before this.

------------

Anyone for anyone wanting to know whats up with synthesis theres something we can all do: Ask them about it in devstream 52:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/453241-coming-soon-devstream-52/

If lots of people ask the same question, they're more likely to answer it.

wv8YJXC.jpg

Finished the scans this weekend, noticed the processing as well. Poked around with dev and looks like this processing will be complete next week or so, for people looking for a timeline.

This is honestly pretty upsetting. Not only was the vague lore snipet not done in time, but noone at DE bothered to mention it even though it should have been obvious to them that we were going to complete the scans before they were going to be done. In most realms failing to deliver in this matter is considered bad customer service.

wv8YJXC.jpg

Finished the scans this weekend, noticed the processing as well. Poked around with dev and looks like this processing will be complete next week or so, for people looking for a timeline.

thats... kinda bad... sorry to say but yeah... thats just bad.

people spends weeks on scanning and the devs DURING THAT TIME cant write the lore for the scan that is happening? that type of stuff should be done ahead of time not right when the scan is done. 

It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. =(

Are you really going to bring this up again?

I explained my stance many days ago, and you still have yet to give even any sort of acknowledgment to it. Either reply to it or just stop with this bullcrap. Seriously.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

He who knows the lore best shall write the rest.

Define professional in your other post. You ever write fanfic which was well acknowledged? Take any writing courses? Idk, anyway afaik the majority of the community knows as much of the lore as you do.

Reading lore =/= writing lore

I read the lore does not mean I should be in charge of it, writing something which can completely effect the universe is not exactly an easy thing especially with Warframe in this case as it jumps through hoops here and there, teleports there.

Plus I like the lore we have going around, if we were to say give to to Morec0 or you, we'll probably end up getting something more accordance as to how you want it, not how it should have been.

Edited by izzatuw

Define professional in your other post. You ever write fanfic which was well acknowledged? Take any writing courses? Idk, anyway afaik the majority of the community know as much lore as you do.

Reading lore =/= writing lore

I read the lore does not mean I should be in charge of it, writing something which can completely effect the universe is not exactly an easy thing especially with Warframe in this case as it jumps through hoops here and there, teleports there.

Plus I like the lore we have going around, if we were to say give to to Morec0 or you, we'll probably end up getting something more accordance as to how you want it, not how it should have been.

This.

And players writing lore has never been a good idea. And writing Engrish is not English.

I'll just keep scanning, Extra standing won't hurt.

Either it affect the time or not, i have fun knowing i'm doing something together with my fellow Tennos on page 1.

Edited by Dartiel

next week... ok. this makes me giving up scanning though, since not even 100% progress means anything anymore

Sadly it never did, people just choose to ignore..."stuff"

Though I do like the random scanning, everyone in the group stops what they're doing to help out with the scan target.  It's pretty neat.

until you have that ONE group :^)

Not gonna lie DE, you guys f*cked up big time here. You should have hired a full time writer a year and a half ago when you told us you heard and understood your players desire for actual lore to be put into the game. Less lip service and more delivery please.

You guys seriously think that there is not a board @ DE with the planned lore?

I can not believe the simaris stories are written on the fly. I will not.

I'm about 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% sure they are written on the fly.

I'm about 99.99999999999% sure they are written on the fly.

Person A believes X, person B believes Y, both with nothing more to claim as evidence beyond circumstantial.

Seriously, this is pointless to argue.

You guys seriously think that there is not a board @ DE with the planned lore?

I can not believe the simaris stories are written on the fly. I will not.

Absolutely convinced that Steve is the lore master and that 99% of the lore comes out of his head when he has the time to write it up.

But also:

Thanks , now like i said earlier i can confirm that the scan % is rigged and depend on update / lore eta

Anyway guys you don't need to do 1000+ scan , 10 should be fine

Are you incapable of reading? this situation is neigh-on absolute proof that the scan %age is completely genuine and as-described. The system happily burped out the sanctuary article despite DE having completely failed to write anything other than placeholder text. A non-player based completion %age would simply not have hit 0 until DE was ready with the entry.

Rebecca is simply telling us what the devs told here as to when someone will have time to write it, obviously.

The notion that the %age is somehow rigged after a mistake like this is absolutely laughable. 

Edited by SilentMobius

Sadly it never did, people just choose to ignore..."stuff"

Though I do like the random scanning, everyone in the group stops what they're doing to help out with the scan target.  It's pretty neat.

until you have that ONE group :^)

people didnt choose to ignore. at least in the first two "hunting". we get lores immediately after the progess hit 100%

Omg after all that hardwork we still need to wait??? Why couldn't this be ready beforehand...did they think we wouldn't finish it on time and are just coming up with it?

Extremely dissapointed...and bored.

Maby it's like the case of Syndicates.

"We wanted people to have stuff to do. We never thought players wanted them to matter more."

I am paraphrasing, but they cut Proxy Wars into syndicates.

It now feels like they added a Lore Cephalon due to popular demand, yet the production-model they have and business model do not have anything to gain from Lorecrafting.

And this leaves us dissatisfied, and DE do not delegate staff enough to this.

This.

And players writing lore has never been a good idea. And writing Engrish is not English.

SOME games can work with player created lore. Some can't.

Writing stories that are understandable and flow well is far harder than most people think. I know. I am trying to make it as a writer. Game lore is a story. We know this. It is a story we only have bits of. Bits that are tantalizing. The problem is that so many people take the bits we have and start to make their OWN stories out of them. Some of them may be right. We don't know.

And frankly? I wouldn't want to read a story written by many of the people who post here on these forums. This is no insult. Writing is HARD. You may have the next Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings in mind, but if you cannot compose coherent sentences, no one will want to read them. Paragraphs, punctuation, all of that silliness DOES matter. This is why editors often make a LOT of money.

Just the THOUGHT of the Lord of the Rings written as a wall of text makes me want to puke. (And I LIKE the Lord of the Rings.)

And if ANYONE tries to write Star Wars as a wall of text... someone is going to get hurt when the really rabid fans find out about it. The 501st has NO sense of humor sometimes.

As for this? Writing something that makes sense fast is NOT easy. Writing something fast that makes sense and doesn't conflict with anything in the ultimate story that we -still- only have bits of? Ouch. Then you add legal aspects into it, many of which we know NOTHING about.

Edited by Kalenath