The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry De....uranus Water Tileset - Impossible

S0ulre4per

Hi.

Im really sorry for this..........

but i did some research

and it seems that Water on Uranus seems impossible

1- it is a gas giant.

here is reason why its impossible http://www.universetoday.com/19309/water-on-uranus/

I think tileset should be moved Neptune........because science people are saying that there COULD be water there

so it makes more sense.....http://www.universetoday.com/736/are-there-oceans-on-neptune/

I know it's only a game......but we still should stick to the stuff we know

EDIT 1: if planets were terraformed.........atleast tell us that orokin or some 1 had that technology

Edited by S0ulre4per

It's called suspension of disbelief. You may want to try it some time.

Honestly, if we were making everything in the game scientifically accurate, Jupiter's gravity would crush us when we were on it, most planets wouldn't be as well lit as they are, Venus wouldn't have snow on it, etc. Just go with it. 

Warframe takes place millions of years in the future with things like space magic, and dogs that hatch from eggs. Deal wit it.

Yes lets keep adding things that straight up dont make sense, let's make a sun tileset where we just walk on the surface, better yet, lets replace the sun with a black hole and make that a tileset.

You realize that the game is still in progress on creating maps, don't you? Mars doesn't have Red maps with sand storms and Venus is not the devils planet with volcanos... yet ... Wonder dive! Also, magic!

Edited by Dislava-planet-tech

but i dont want to just ''go'' with it

If they really did terra form Uranus.........atleast explain that orokin or grineer have such technology

i dont care even if its billion years in future

it needs to be explained

otherwise it doesnt make sense

#spaceninjamagic

And if they really put this underwatertileset on Uranus we all can be very childish and say "oh look, uranus is really moist." ....

There you go. I did it. Now nobody else needs to go there... and don't worry: I feel bad

.....I need some sleep 

Guess you didn't look at the Uranus node names to notice that many of them are moons of Uranus, which are suspected to have layers of water beneath the surface.

Research is like statistics, it's only good if you know what you're doing.

id be fine with the 'space magic' answer if DE actually put any effort whatsoever into explaining how the orokin spent time terraforming every planet in the origin system

but they havent =/

and honestly if DE put a little more SCIENCE into their SCIENCE FICTION game, it would be a lot more interesting

we could have tilesets that are loosely based on the possible terrain of these alien worlds and it would/could still be super awesome (note that i said LOOSELY, not trying to be a nazi here), take Europa for example, see how well/cool that turned out? imagine Io as a volcanic wasteland tileset, or a lunar tileset (even tho the moon is probably completely transformed by massive grineer infrastructure by now)

but instead DE is content to pull a 'Prometheus' on their baby, and that disappoints me (FYI Prometheus the awful movie based on the Aliens franchise, not the titan that gave humans fire)

all ppl are asking for is to have things like the phobos tileset be on mars instead of the tiny rocks that are mars' moons (phobos/deimos should be the grineer asteroid tileset and/or ships), DE has even acknowledged that they'd like the tilesets to have more logical consistency, they just havent done anything about it, besides lip service

EDIT: some fun wiki reading 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganymede_(moon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callisto_(moon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triton_(moon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titania_%28moon%29

since i know ppl are stuck on the whole uranus thing, since that's where Tyl was originally, but from the video, DE might not even be putting the tileset in the same place, especially considering the upcoming solar system chart rework

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Terraforming. Or something.

Alternatively: We exist in an alternate universe where such a thing is possible. (AKA the Anthropic Principle: For any given story, there exist basic elements that, no matter how improbable or impossible their occurrence, are required for the story itself to happen. Or there would be no story. In other words, there is no "resolution" without "conflict".)

Or: "It's just a show; I should really just relax"

Edited by Solandis

Warframe takes place millions of years in the future with things like space magic, and dogs that hatch from eggs. Deal wit it.

try thousands of years, big difference, not space magic, technology, and all mammals technically come from eggs. plus, the platypus.

Deal with it.

>Millions of years

Source.

try thousands of years, big difference, not space magic, technology, and all mammals technically come from eggs. plus, the platypus.

It sounds much better than an "indeterminate number of centuries", and nobody cares about the platypus' combat readiness.

Edited by Archistopheles

Guess you didn't look at the Uranus node names to notice that many of them are moons of Uranus, which are suspected to have layers of water beneath the surface.

Research is like statistics, it's only good if you know what you're doing.

uranus moons COULD have water...........but as i understood.....they are making underwater tileset on Uranus itself

uranus moons COULD have water...........but as i understood.....they are making underwater tileset on Uranus itself

The flyby video shows the top of the facility, and you can see what appears to be Uranus rising in the background, as if you were looking at Uranus from one of it's moons.

Edited by Gelkor

Warframe takes place about a thousand years in the future of Dark Sector with things like space magic, 'Magnets', and Wombat/Bat/Llama/abomination Dogs that hatch from eggs.

FTFY

Edit:

also, from the information we have about the underwater Tileset, we already know it's not actual water.

the underwater ship explains it's propulsion system is like a SeeDoo because of the highly volatile, flammable liquid it's swimming around in.

so do please get your facts straight.

Up5vQfP.png

KQvxXP4.png

Edited by taiiat