The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry De....uranus Water Tileset - Impossible

S0ulre4per

as much as people may not think water tiles sets as "plausible" we got to remember there were the Orokin that did stuff before being killed so maybe one of the things they did was terra-form some planets

(now let the "Orokin did it" excuse for everything begin)

Snow on Venus is a place holder.  I mean, the outpost tileset is to Corpus as the asteroid tileset is to Grineer.  It's a "we can put this anywhere" tileset, though the least logical of the four "anywhere" tilesets.

Also, Venus is one of the few planets that the Orokin could realistically terraform into a habitable world.  It's a hellscape now because it is its own greenhouse.  Heck, I read some time back about a plan to take those clouds from Venus and pump them onto Mars.  Even at my wee young age I felt that was preposterous, but the idea was to thin out Venus' atmosphere while giving Mars a thicker atmosphere.  Two birds, one stone.

The gas giants should probably remain mostly as expected, their moons sparing room for some sci-fi tom foolery.  I figure the worlds in the habitable zone are much more free form.  It would probably do well for DE to keep Venus something of a volcanically active planet (Corpus gotta have factories somewhere,) but it doesn't need an oppressive atmosphere and crap tons of lava and ash either.  It could very well be a garden world with a prehistoric look in Warframe's timeline.  The system still needs fed, and Corpus like making money.  Put two and two together and...

Also, it should be noted that all representations of Earth in game show an Earth only partially consumed by jungle.  The rest appears to be barren wasteland.  Even Orokin weeds can't be THAT powerful, nor can we stop every application of the Cicero Toxin.  There are simply too few Tenno and too many Grineer.

Edited by Littleman88

Most of the colonies on the planets don't make sense at all. Most of them wouldn't be able to support any life without changing the sun and the orbits/positions of the planets. You can terraform, but how do you keep a planet from getting too cold/hot again? You don't, unless you seriously change orbits or modify the sun. 

Again, the problem is if we are looking at this from a logical standpoint, the only planets that make sense are earth and the ones that are clearly on space stations. The problem though is, earth still requires life support, which means it's nothing like the earth we remember, probably vastly changed and hardly inhabitable anymore. 

It's the same solar system, but loads different and with technology far advanced, ages into the future. How knows what is different? 

For me, in my "headcannon", I always just pictured it as every planet that looked like the surface of a planet, actually being some sort of really advanced station in space, that had an artificial environment inside it. I know it looks like a lot of them have skies, but think Mass Effect 3 and the part inside the Citadel that looked like a gigantic garden/forest with a real sky. If you lived in that part of the citadel, you might be able to suspend your disbelief that you were actually in a space station. 

That's kind of how I think of it here. All the supposedly open spaces, except perhaps for far future, polluted, irradiated earth, are actually complex biospheres inside a gigantic space station. 

Of course, that may not fit with the lore in the end, but it makes some kind of scientific science, and it has a consistent logic to it. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Yes lets keep adding things that straight up dont make sense, let's make a sun tileset where we just walk on the surface, better yet, lets replace the sun with a black hole and make that a tileset.

That actually sounds pretty interesting.

Can we do this thing? I like this thing.

It snows on the Venus tileset...
Although, isn't the "ocean" in this new tileset only partially water? I think it was said somewhere to be flammable and also have large amounts of ammonia and liquid methane.

So if Uranus is highly flammable, why don't we just fire an incendiary rocket at it to destroy all the Grineer labs and cloning facilities? Not even that, what if a Grineer left the stove on and the entire planet goes ka-boom?

Oh look, someone else who missed the "sensationalized science fiction setting" introduction called "Playing any of the game at all". Allow me to make a suggestion.

LIq7P1X.gif

Edited by Atrophon

So if Uranus is highly flammable, why don't we just fire an incendiary rocket at it to destroy all the Grineer labs and cloning facilities? Not even that, what if a Grineer left the stove on and the entire planet goes ka-boom?

That's not how it works... that's not how any of this works