Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gw2 Cheater Publicly Shamed And Deleted

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-cheater-publicly-stripped-and-deleted/

This is just glorious.

ArenaNet saw hard video evidence of this user cheating in Guild Wars 2. So what do they do?

They strip him of his clothing in-game.

Go to a high point in the environment.

Make him jump off and die.

THEN

They immediately delete both of his characters before banning the account.

Just...perfect.

maybe its because I haven't witnessed what he done but after watching the video i felt sorry for the cheater.

if they done it while he was watching then that just seams a tad to excessive.

it also makes me wonder if that might end up doing this to someone who cheated by mistake.

because if this happened to me it would really make me have a bad day...

maybe its because I haven't witnessed what he done but after watching the video i felt sorry for the cheater.

if they done it while he was watching then that just seams a tad to excessive.

it also makes me wonder if that might end up doing this to someone who cheated by mistake.

because if this happened to me it would really make me have a bad day...

Don't cheat, don't have bad days.

it also makes me wonder if that might end up doing this to someone who cheated by mistake

No one does this accidentally: 

"That video evidence showed Darkside using a third-party program that gave increased speed and power, and allowed him to teleport inside structures—letting him take them from other teams without the usually required aid of siege structures and team mates."

I actually say that this is not enough. 

In fact, why do the developers not take one step further, and hire hitmen to kill the hacker. Then send the head back to their company as a warning to all future hackers. 

Banning a hacker from a the game he hacks is enough. There is no reason to send out forces to search and destroy.

No one does this accidentally: 

"That video evidence showed Darkside using a third-party program that gave increased speed and power, and allowed him to teleport inside structures—letting him take them from other teams without the usually required aid of siege structures and team mates."

I was thinking of something a bit different. like the person who was accused of cheating doing something much more harmless.

like accidentally glitching themselves to fly by a bug and still getting banned for it.