Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #52!

[DE]Rebecca

Just you know, when someone said in the chat "Geoff tem um olhar apaixonado por Rebecca" is portuguese, there is no exact translation but it means something like "Geoff looks at Rebecca with an "in-love" look"

Dear DIGITAL EXTREMES!

I hope you will read my message (Sorry My English Language is not best but I hope you can understand me)

My favorite Warframe is valkyr, because I love "SOLO" games and My favorite place "was" Tower 3-4 Survivals... ( I use it always, and I know that I can choose other warframe, but she is my favorite warframe)

I think Nullifier is too strong... He can kill valkyr with "ONE SHOT". I know that every minute the enemies become stronger, but this is unfair... (IT IS NOT DARKSOULS:D)

I tried lot of "builds" I used 6 forma for my valkyrs:
She has 1200 armor I got Arcane Guardian(maxed) and I use "Warcry" buff (My strength is 240%) .==> Isn't It enough? (25-30-35 mins in T4-3 Survival He can kill me with "ONE SHOT", if I don't use Hysteria)

Or I mistook, and "I don't know what the armor is"...

Valkyr cannot use "guns" when she is in Hysteria, I know that I can hurt the bubble with my claws, but This is "TOO RISK", one mistake and I'm death...

My biggest problem is Nullifiers's "LANKA" (We get a name Its "Lanka with 12 forma":P)

Okey, I understand... Nullifier can deactive our skills, BUT his weapon "TOO STRONG"...

Eximus Nullifers: Are they Jokes?...

I think I will try Dark Souls gameXD

My Idea, that This is "Horde grind" game.
For Example Serious Sam! ==> "More Kill more Fun:D"

We get lot of enemies, but usally They are not "strong", or we can counter easily "stronger enemies"

Please, Read my Message

Thank you
Kiddo

I am VERY worried about the star chart changes.

It sounds like going from one extreme to the other instead of hitting the right point.

Getting rid of bloat by having less nodes is great. (Though 20 sound slow)

Opening up where we can play to get the best rewards is great. (I initially figured this was going to be options!)

However it sounds like basic choices like "I want to fight X faction in a Y type mission on Z planet" will be impeded.

And this whole "rewards will be sort of like alerts" thing...

guys it's not necessary to go that far. 

You are fixing one set of problems while creating another set.

Edited by Ronyn

it sucks no weapons were shown, and the Nunchukus are exclusive to the Chinese Version was looking forward in using that but whatever......

Nunchucks are time exclusive. They will be available to us as well. Can we not spread misinformation?

I was so sad to hear power jump disappearing but the up coming 4th ability?

*sniff* *sniff*

Thank.... You... so much... T_T

PS:

Also almost forgot. The Uranus tile set looks like Rapture.

Edited by Potato_Ninja

20 nodes? Removal of player choice? What in the world are they thinking? There are too many nodes as is, sure, but why not just remove redundant nodes and tweak their distribution? There are already some worlds that don't have certain mission types... and that's fine, IMHO.

This is going to be as bad as alerts, practically guaranteed: you snooze, you lose. The only way I can think of to avoid that, which they say they want to, is to make the time between switches way too long. If nothing changes very often, it will kill the game.

Dear DIGITAL EXTREMES!

Look into a War Cry build with the Eternal War augment. Make sure your melee weapon has Life Strike on it, and you'll have greater damage and range than a Hysteria build, almost be as immortal, and you can switch to a gun if you need it. Trust me, I used Hysteria as a crutch fora  long time,  but War Cry is the way to go for Valkyr. I'd recommend Serro for melee weapon, but that's just me.

Dear DIGITAL EXTREMES!

I hope you will read my message (Sorry My English Language is not best but I hope you can understand me)

My favorite Warframe is valkyr, because I love "SOLO" games and My favorite place "was" Tower 3-4 Survivals... ( I use it always, and I know that I can choose other warframe, but she is my favorite warframe)

I think Nullifier is too strong... He can kill valkyr with "ONE SHOT". I know that every minute the enemies become stronger, but this is unfair... (IT IS NOT DARKSOULS:D)

I tried lot of "builds" I used 6 forma for my valkyrs:

She has 1200 armor I got Arcane Guardian(maxed) and I use "Warcry" buff (My strength is 240%) .==> Isn't It enough? (25-30-35 mins in T4-3 Survival He can kill me with "ONE SHOT", if I don't use Hysteria)

Or I mistook, and "I don't know what the armor is"...

Valkyr cannot use "guns" when she is in Hysteria, I know that I can hurt the bubble with my claws, but This is "TOO RISK", one mistake and I'm death...

My biggest problem is Nullifiers's "LANKA" (We get a name Its "Lanka with 12 forma":P)

Okey, I understand... Nullifier can deactive our skills, BUT his weapon "TOO STRONG"...

Eximus Nullifers: Are they Jokes?...

I think I will try Dark Souls gameXD

My Idea, that This is "Horde grind" game.

For Example Serious Sam! ==> "More Kill more Fun:D"

We get lot of enemies, but usally They are not "strong", or we can counter easily "stronger enemies"

Please, Read my Message

Thank you

Kiddo

Nullifier too stronk, nerf please

Yeah he is OP but it's not feedback section of the forums. Please move there and post it where it belongs.

I am VERY worried about the star chart changes.

It sounds like going from one extreme to the other instead of hitting the right point.

Getting rid of bloat by having less nodes is great. (Though 20 sound slow)

Opening up where we can play to get the best rewards is great. (I initially figured this was going to be options!)

However it sounds like basic choices like "I want to fight X faction in a Y type mission on Z planet" will be impeded.

And this whole "rewards will be sort of like alerts" thing...

guys it's not necessary to go that far. 

You are fixing one set of problems while creating another set.

True, yet again DE can't just go in the middle. I think that they can't really accept something that is properly balanced, this would put their game kinda into average category of whatever. And they did say that they don't want warframe to be average.

I used to watch the Devstreams from work (cuz, y'know, they're "during the day" here in NorAm).  But then my employer's firewall noticed, and Twitch took an arrow to the knee.

Now I am the sadness every other Friday.

I didn't pay attention lately but don't they do live streams on youtube as well? You can't win prizes there but it was possible to watch streams on youtube, live. Buuut I see that it wasn't available this time. 

Rebecca, what happened with youtube live streaming?

In a totally understandable course of action, the remarks and thoughts on the star chart discussions are coming in.

Some things worth mentioning - the discussions on air are real-time and candid, the planning is still happening, and the finality exists only in philosophy that 'we want to solve the filler nodes, increase immersion, and appeal to intrinsic/extrinsic goals'.

To speak to that philosophy with reference from Steve's notes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD3rp_yWEAELtfq.jpg:large

And the source of it all:
https://youtu.be/j7QVemHYKn4?t=57m40s

If it's not obvious from that time stamp - if the only way to achieve this philosophy is to eliminate the freedom of choice we currently have, some of us here take issue with that - which is why we continue to discuss.

Great Dev stream so far. Also Rebecca as long as it doesn't limit resource farmability. It would be crappy to have to farm Exterminate for a Neural sensor or Neuriod that you need to build your new weapon.

It shouldn't force you to play a mission type to achieve the award you want, though variety is good. I think the most sane way to put the idea in is to have enemies have resources put into their drop tables instead of having their resource drops be hardlocked by the planet. Though that idea still forces players to focus on killing enemies instead of doing objectives.

You guys will figure out something, though just remember that you can't have a planet that has a unique resource go from a survival to a capture only  mission type. That would turn a lot of people off because it forces you to play the game. Missions randomly having a mission type doesn't help either since people would just restart every time they got a mission type they didn't want. :/

Edited by Feallike

Just a few thoughts:
You choose planet.

You choose difficulty.

You choose mission type.

Pros:

- You can play whatever tileset you want, on whatever difficulty you want.

Cons:
- The playerbase remains scattered throughout the solar system due to planet choice.

Or:

You choose mission type

You choose difficulty.

Pros:

- (Forced) Tileset variety

- Players can find Squads easily

Cons:
- If you cannot choose the Planet, you may not be able to farm a resource you need.

*snip*

Thank you for "steve's notes", that at least shows a little more insight on what is the actual goal of it all.

Just a few thoughts:

You choose planet.

You choose difficulty.

You choose mission type.

*snip*

I don't want the starchart transformed into a level/map selector of a random shooter, where you just set everything up for a multiplayer match

(set map, set game mode, set rules etc..) that doesnt fit into warframe pve at all.

That completely removes immersion.

But i dont see that in Steve's notes so thats fine.

Edited by CruelMaiden

In a totally understandable course of action, the remarks and thoughts on the star chart discussions are coming in.

Some things worth mentioning - the discussions on air are real-time and candid, the planning is still happening, and the finality exists only in philosophy that 'we want to solve the filler nodes, increase immersion, and appeal to intrinsic/extrinsic goals'.

To speak to that philosophy with reference from Steve's notes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD3rp_yWEAELtfq.jpg:large

And the source of it all:

https://youtu.be/j7QVemHYKn4?t=57m40s

If it's not obvious from that time stamp - if the only way to achieve this philosophy is to eliminate the freedom of choice we currently have, some of us here take issue with that - which is why we continue to discuss.

This is something I think is a huge mistake, I really want to post more on this but I can't since I'll aquire yet more warnings for not being positive about warframe.  So since I'm unable to do that I will just hope that you will push the issue in favor of it being a bad idea for us.

Where's the double fisting beer gif?

That's gunna be brutal. LOL

Didn't have the time to do a gif on my own, but here you go:

x1bMzH7.gif

(I will probably make a gif with a better quality Soon-ish...well..during this weekend :s)

I'll be fine with the star chart revamp so long as mission types/Warframes are balanced so that any frame can do them solo with fairly consistent difficulty.  It's not going to be fair to more defensive frames like Frost or Vauban otherwise.  And also, if the resource drop system is reorganized so that all resources (save the rare one) will drop at about the same rate.  For resources like Orokin Cells or Morphics, maybe have them be a guaranteed drop from enemies like the Manic?  Problem is, the Corpus don't have a proxy like that yet unless you're patching Bursas back in.

With all this attention going to the Grineer, I assume Nef Anyo and the outcome of the False Profit event will remain on hold until past Update 17?

Not that I don't like the new tileset or anticipate Tyl Regor's revamp, but I feel like the Corpus should get the same attention.  We haven't had any major events related directly to the Corpus since Salad V left for the Infested.

One last thing, please buff the Supra or lower its construction cost.  I don't care if it makes Techs harder to deal with; just give it or Entropy Burst some sort of buff to make it more worth the cost.

Edited by TenguBlade