The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

I honestly feel excited about the change. DE change things for the with the intention of creating an overall improvement of the game. I'll keep on playing warframe regardless of the change.

Everyone will. In reality the game won't change much. If you were addicted to warframe before, you'll be addicted after changes.

I guarantee that 99% of the player base never play random missions just for fun. We open start chart, complete interesting alerts, look for interesting invasions and go to a node to farm a resource/mod.

We are essentially already playing the game the way this change implies, minus the heavy rep/resource farmers.

The upcoming starchart changes sound almost exactly like my suggestion months ago. Here was my suggestion (in condensed form):

Have 20 or so active nodes at a time. (Preferably all with unique mission types/tilesets/enemy levels.)

Each mission has a client for lore purposes (Lotus, Syndicate associate, Tenno sympathizer, etc.).

Each mission has gameplay modifiers and accompanying XP modifiers (Enemies deal more damage: +10% affinity gain).

Each mission has set rewards, and completing the mission multiple times would always guarantee you those same rewards.

Each mission has a timer until it's replaced by another mission (ranges between 2-21 hours).

Each mission has a progress bar; once it's been completed x times, a new active mission takes its place (doesn't have to be unique players, just amount of completions).

The mission's timer and progress bar would be tied to the guaranteed set rewards, preventing certain missions from becoming farmable. (Missions that offer surplus resources or affinity would have shorter progress bars and shorter timers.).

On top of mission crafting, I really think these starchart changes will be a greater benefit to Warframe than deficit.

You mean like doing x type of missions leads to y type of mission thing?

They were terribly vague on that.  If a mission is over played does it get "exhausted" like Darvo's deals; or does the opposite occur and more of them spring up? 

Is it a popularity vote like the invasion missions from when nodes would change hands, where by running a mission you don't necessarily like you open up one you want to play, so long as enough other people take the same side? 

If we choose to harass a faction heavily, does it spawn special boss missions? 

And so forth.  A more fleshed out explanation of how the player influence system works. 

I REALLY don't wanna go finish those hive runs on Eris any time soon if I don't have to. I loathe that gametype. With the exception of a few intercept/mob def I was too lazy to do all over (and wouldn't mind doing), all I have is Hive nodes.

I've never understood why people hate that mission type, feel free to invite me as well (with a proceeding PM) I wouldn't mind helping you through them.

This is probably more terrifying to me then being in 9/11.

Truly, the trauma that DE has instilled in people whenever they so much as utter the word "random" is remarkable.

Even I am not unaffected by such trauma.  DE and "random" never ends well.

It's not speculation to expect a businees to increase sales.  It's the reason for business to exist.  Grind 9000 is what Star Chart RNGesus 2.0 is all about.  But, DE also has a history of piggy backing nerfs onto their 2.0s.  Basically, Star Grind 2.0 is a shaft to the players.

Edited by ThePresident777

Keep in mind that DE might be just trolling us like they often do. It's not likely that they'll actually do something that outright kills the playerbase and the game, but seeing how hostile and rebellous the community has become, they'll have to cut down on that.

The real big issue is the abolishment of freedom of choice of mission types, which they openly announced in the devstream. They want to decide what mission type you will play.

I can imagine that it will be somehow similar to the syndicate randomization. Take it or leave it! Imo this is a very worrying development.

I think there is some other purpose behind this change other than just simplifying the star map. It could be to add further RNG elements towards the gameplay to increase the grind and increase Platinum sales. This is pure speculation though.

Well there will always be an ulterior motive behind business decisions its always for the company's long term profitability which in itself is supposed to be a good notion except that the way they implement it might drive away their market base of players.

Keep in mind that DE might be just trolling us like they often do. It's not likely that they'll actually do something that outright kills the playerbase and the game, but seeing how hostile and rebellous the community has become, they'll have to cut down on that.

Well intentional or not it will have dire consequences if its not planned or implemented correctly.

Do it for the sense of accomplishment take a picture afterwards and it will make you realize wow I actually explored the whole warframe universe and I'll never forget all these awesome sounding node names that I had to work for till you realize that DE will take them all away from you but at least you can share with newer players that "there was a time when we old generation warframe players were true space explorers having explored 254 places in different planets in this side of the universe..".

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

From the half baked RNG cake that Rebecca tried to pull out of Steve. How do you plan to hault "pay-to-sleep" when you are practically smothering everything in RNG?

Quiette shy explained it better with an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSwgB-L7-Ow

Though this example shows it on a city level. Meanwhile warframe has a whole solar system (+a void/derelict) to cover and only 20 nodes + some player made missions for some reason. How does DE plan to cover all 16 places with 20 nodes and a few player made missions? Unless DE plans to condense all these places into one place. Which I admit could work if there was an open world sort of feel. However Warframe doesn't have that feel, and it would take away the space part of warframe.

Then there's this level building thing. It's out of place for Warframe so I'm extremely curious as to how DE will go about it, and how the community will react/use it. Though there was that part (arfter Scott cleared some things) Steve followed on from effiency player's and said something along the lines of: those players would be the ones who would be likely to build missions. This makes it sound like building missions is just going to be labour to help us get around the ever increasing RNG Grind Wall of Warframe.

tumblr_inline_nnlfcjdFMW1t8utl9_500.gif

there was a time when we old generation warframe players we're true space explorers.".

You too can have the true space explorer experience, young Warframe player. Just play the same series of missions 254 times! And make sure you play it on solo to get the true space explorer abandoned node experience.