The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

If I can farm WHAT I want, WHEN I want, I don't care how DE changes HOW I farm it. However, if farming everything is given a second layer of RNG... that might be what is needed to kill Warframe for me.

If the new star chart change will still allow players to FARM EFFICIENTLY then there would be no problem. But if not then that's when people will abandon ship.

I play casual and games at the planets and tile sets I CHOOSE because of it means if i want to do Outer Terminus I can do Outer Terminus. If i want to do Xini I can do Xini if I want to hang out with newbies in Terminus I can choose to do so as well,

Last thing Ill say to you or anyone about this.....

1) put the Red bull down

2) Take a breath

3) You dont even know HOW it will work yet.............

4) DE did say create missions for REWARDS.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

1) put the Red bull down

2) Take a breath

We know how it'll work, DE already said so. 20 randomly generated missions, and it'll "remove player choice." And DE has said a lotta things, excuse me for not falling to my knees and weeping with joy that DE has promised it'll have better rewards. That's not hard to do, WORTHWHILE rewards is something different.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

We know how it'll work, DE already said so. 20 randomly generated missions, and it'll "remove player choice." And DE has said a lotta things, excuse me for not falling to my knees and weeping with joy that DE has promised it'll have better rewards. That's not hard to do, WORTHWHILE rewards is something different.

Couldn't have said it better myself same sentiments with this guy.

Personally, I rarely use the star chart anyway.

I'm either playing syndicate missions, alerts or void.

This will be an improvement for me. Yeah, it removes some of my choice, but I never used that choice because it mattered so little anyway.

I guarantee DE has looked at metrics that show them most players are either like me, doing random alerts and syndicates or hard core farmers who only play a handful of nodes.

I say being on the changes. We all know none of you are going to leave.

1) put the Red bull down

2) Take a breath

CREATE missions. Bye trolls.

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Mmmmmmmno. Rebecca posted somewhere on the forums that EVERYTHING REGARDING THE STARMAP IS STILL CHANGING. So, y'know, wait and see?

Besides, what's the big deal if we're going to be able to create our own missions anyway?

Edited by Gale47

But we play with in like, 20 modes anyway so I don't see the big difference.

For the players that do that the difference is you can pick those 20 nodes. They are not some random 20 different nodes each day.

But we play with in like, 20 modes anyway so I don't see the big difference.

Yeah, because are the only nodes with good rewards. It's about reward distribution, not about arbitrarily counting the number of most played nodes then limiting it to that number in a randomized mission-type fashion. That's just nonsensical and dumb. 

The fact that we won't be able to farm for what we want when we want/can to is a blatant and obvious appalling idea in itself. I don't understand how even one person can't see that. 

If I can farm WHAT I want, WHEN I want, I don't care how DE changes HOW I farm it. However, if farming everything is given a second layer of RNG... that might be what is needed to kill Warframe for me.

Watch the stream again.  There is a clear perception that they do not want you to do what you want when you want.  Example, Draco.  There is a perception of doing what you want when RNG allows it.  BasedGod Rebecca was trying allude to something but was put off by something....

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. In fact, you interpreted it the exact opposite of how I wrote it. I am saying that I just want to be able to gain materials when I want and I do not care if how i get those materials is RNG dictated. 

My only worry about the rework is that DE will add a second layer of RNG to farming... everything. If I want to farm Neural Sensors, there should ALWAYS be an option available for me to farm Neural Sensors. If I want to farm a Boar Prime Barrel, I should ALWAYS have some option to farm a Boar Prime Barrel. I do not care (and would find it a welcome change) if the mission by which I farmed Neural Sensors or Boar Prime Barrels changed day by day, maybe one day a Spy, the next a Survival, then the next an Exterminate. This would massively decrease the "burn out" of Warframe and make all of the mission types worth playing on a day by day basis. 

The issue would be if the option to farm WHAT (as in the resources or parts) you want was affected by a second layer of RNG, that is the time sensitivity of missions that even offer what you want. If the mission where I can farm Boar Prime Barrels is only open at certain times, dictated by RNG, I will not be a happy Tenno. I, however, would encourage for DE to change the way that I farm those Barrels day by day, just don't make me go on a wild goose chase trying to find them and always leave an option, somewhere, where I can farm what I want when I want. 

This sounds like an awesome change to me. I'm really looking forward to having more of a place in the world and fighting for in-universe goals. I don't play this game to farm random crap, I play to destroy evil and uphold justice. I fight for Steel Meridian so I can protect the weak while I'm at it too. I'm rewarded for my efforts not with simple pleasantries, but with new tools to make me ever more efficient. To me, Warframe is a quest for power not in the pursuit of power, but in the pursuit of good for the galaxy. The way I see it, the new system will be about putting the player where they need to be because they actually need the Tenno to do something in-universe at that moment. 

If the goal of this new system is to focus down on what's important and make all those things even more engaging, I'm all for it. 

Edited by Outlander3734

As everyone listened to this!? 

Just check it out and perhaps you'll understand why this kind of change is needed...

https://youtu.be/cSoBITLKyV0?t=2h38m14s

I still don't agree with removing all player choice in choosing a particular mission on a particular planet but i do agree with what DE_Steve wants and needs to do. 

Edited by Bazools

CREATE missions. Bye trolls.

Yeah, because DE has never #*($%%@ anything up before. And NONE of their ideas have EVER been implemented subpar in quality EVER.

Mmmmmmmno. Rebecca posted somewhere on the forums that EVERYTHING REGARDING THE STARMAP IS STILL CHANGING. So, y'know, wait and see?

Besides, what's the big deal if we're going to be able to create our own missions anyway?

Yeah, because making keys to do missions has gone so well before... Arbritary time crafting, which serves no purpose, incredibly pathetic crafting costs, etc. No really, if keys are gonna be so easy to make, why even bother with the requirement to make them? I.e. OD keys, it's just a waste of time crafting them one by one, and it's at the point where they shouldn't even exist as a QoL improvement.

Why not improve the system as it is, instead of overhauling it? Why not prune some of the redundant nodes until new game modes come in? Why change something without having a solution in place, and working beforehand? I.E. "story" based missions? DE barely writes story as it is, so I highly doubt they'll have a huge flood of lore and story after the change. I highly doubt the galaxy will feel like it's changing just because of this change.

The list of problems goes on and on. This purposed change is a classic DE idea. It sounds cool, and great, but they'll fail in actual delivering it fully. It'll become another one of the half finished reworks.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Every player complains; but this isn't a case of players just complaining for the sake of complaining. This is going to do more harm than good.

Rebecca knows because she plays the game which is EXACTLY why they need to pay attention.

Reduce duplicate missions. I'd like that; but removing really crucial missions is wrong.

I think the manifesto for the new star chart is focusing well on the things its aiming, and as it was mentioned in the stream, the crafted missions will give the chance to play whatever people prefers

But, If we are still in time, i would ask DE to add to their manifesto:

- when i see the starchart, i understand that there are new places to discover 

- when i see the starchart i dont feel like its just a hud for mission pickers, but a representation of my location in the galaxy and also my tool to traverse it

Agreed, the manifesto is well focused, on RNGesus 9000.  It's the RNGesus 9000 Manifesto.  RNGesus 9000 game play.  RNGesus 9000 all the things.  Yo dawg, I heard you like RNGesus..............

If game play is going to be random, we may as well click randomly on our desktops.  Today I might play Microsoft Office, or Turbo Tax, or Ebay, or I might accidentally SWAT myself, anything goes.  Step outside your door, might end up in Oz.  Who knows?  Today might be your day to be a president.  Randomize All The Things!

Crafted missions + Chance = Fail.

Incidentally, Crafted Missions?  Really?  Like Law of Retribution?  We can play the misison we want only once every 6 hours?  WTF?  Fail.

Edited by ThePresident777

I like the idea of the new changes but I really don't think they should replace the current star chart and so I ask: Why not both?

Bring in the new idea, which sounds like dynamic operations, as an added layer alongside or even replacing the alert system while trimming down the star chart to 1 mission type per planet (I mean duplicate nodes here, so no more 3 nodes of Exterminate) so each planet retains options and the tileset variations don't go to potential waste.

Agreed, the manifesto is well focused, on RNGesus 9000.  It's the RNGesus 9000 Manifesto.  RNGesus 9000 game play.  RNGesus 9000 all the things.  Yo dawg, I heard you like RNGesus..............

If game play is going to be random, we may as well click randomly on our desktops.  Today I might play Microsoft Office, or Turbo Tax, or Ebay, or I might accidentally SWAT myself, anything goes.  Step outside your door, might end up in Oz.  Who knows?  Today might be your day to be a president.  Randomize All The Things!

Crafted missions + Chance = Fail.

Incidentally, Crafted Missions?  Really?  Like Law of Retribution?  We can play the misison we want only once every 6 hours?  WTF?  Fail.

That is not what they mean when they said crafted missions... They literally mean't players would be crafting levels themselves, choosing the mission type, choosing the tileset, etc.

I can see how this is confusing though.
Edited by Kedai