Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

I wonder if all this feedback will be taken on board or just ignored.

They organized it into a megathread for easy viewing, which probably means that they were looking around at every thread and realized that it'd be much easier to get a picture of what people are saying if all the feedback was in one place. 

@manub I completely agree with you about not having to be CNN but at least show some type of professionalism at least towards the person trying to moderate the stream. In fact I sent a PM to Rebecca telling her how upset I was that she was being interrupted and things were just getting out of hand. 

Rebecca is basically our representative and more than that she is a fan too, so in effect she is looking out for the players.

They almost seemed dismissive of her (and us) being annoyed about the changes which is uncool.

I don't think we're even on the level of giving feedback yet.

No, we are. The only thing at this point is simply trying to stop it. It's not implemented, so we're not doing "damage control" feedback yet. It's not about improving a horrible system, it's trying to stop it from even being added to the game.

I don't think we're even on the level of giving feedback yet.

It's hard to give real feedback when they won't tell us exactly what they are planning isn't it?

All we know is they are removing choice, that they know we will not like it and they "think" it's best for the game.

I trust Rebecca's Judgement far more than Steve's, if she's upset there's good reason to worry.

I'm starting to think she's the only person that truly understands the game they've made. Also Steve's repeated attitude in these streams is just repugnant, he either needs to learn to take criticism or stop showing himself publically. That moment when he starts trying to brush off Rebeccas concerns and belittle her was ridiculous. And lets not forget how he always blurts out that people are playign the game "wrong" one of the biggest tennants of being a content creator is be ready for people to do things you never intended with your game and optimize it. That's not to say the game should never change to prevent or facilitate new trends, but there's a difference in being personally offended and deciding what's best for everyone.

Steve constantly shows that he views warframe as "his" and he wants people to play right. To him this means not farming to reach objectives and not min maxing.  I think the best example I can think of was awhile back, was right after Syndicates came out they were reading off which syndicates were most popular, Cephalon Suda was #1 and I believe #2 was Arbiters, Steve said he wasn't surprised about Suda, but arbiters was a shock, Rebecca goes well since they're allied and Suda is allied with Arbiters it's no wonder that most people pick it up as a secondary. At this point you can see steve get visibly agitated and say something to the effect of "So they're gaming the system." , Rebecca is clearly taken aback and tries to explain to him that they're allied and it's just the game mechanic and Steve cuts her off once again still agitated and says people are playing wrong.

This attitude has been showing more and more with every update and I think he's poised to very seriously damage the game if he can't take a step back from his ego and look at the game and how other people can ejoy it differently. This new starmap is his attempt to stop people from playing the game "wrong" and force them to play mission types they don't want to and aren't as lucrative, pure and simple he wants to cripple farming.

Edited by Baruti

That's not a great example, considering how few nodes there are for farming neural sensors at the moment.

At any rate, why wouldn't DE change boss nodes? And especially why wouldn't they rework DS nodes, considering that the whole DS system has been essentially put on pause while they gin up an entirely new one?

If DE changes boss nodes to be a part of this system, newer players are going to have a miserable time trying to get frames and older players won't get to play the missions they want, and not just for farming--there are bosses that are fun that I'll play just because sometimes.

DS missions as a whole need a major rework, but that's not what this is.

I also think they should clean up the dev stream some as well,reb tried but the others was just acting like goofs everytime she tried getting more/clearer info. This is going to have serious effect on the game and they deflect acting like kids. I enjoy playing WF but if this is implemented as it appears to be i will definitely be moving on.

I facedpalmed at that moment. I mean seriously what was that? Dont get me wrong, its okay being silly, however if there is some questions what is being asked maybe they should focus on listening and not act goofy(poor reb, she looked so frustated at that moment). I totally understand not wanting to answer question and not being able to answer all questions. But you could simply say "i dont want to answer that question/we dont have time for that question"  IMO, sillyness can stay, but time it right. Like listen question answer/or dont answer and then be silly. Or be silly while showing new stuff if it fits and maybe end whole stream with comedy routine.

I support the new start chart with somehow randomized timed missions with random rewards similar to void drop tables.

- Promotes a more diversified type of gameplay, resulting in less boredom

- gives a reason to return to the game as the rotarting rewards will eventually please you

- makes all game types and all tilesets playable, that results in less draco farming as the tileset, the enemy type and the enemy lvl will only appear randomly at times and if it does it will possibly give a reward aswell.

- promotes trading

Steve, scott, i support the change and i will enjoy warframe more than before, keep up the good work.

There is fine difference between promoting and forcing. Promoting would reguire giving better rewards from other missions than currently endless missions, however with info what we have now, this is forcing to diverse. You want to play survival on jupiter? sorry not today, tomorrow sorry no dice. You want interception in pluto sorry bud we dont have it now.

If anything, this gives reason to stay as far away as possible as the only control for rng what we have now, being able to select mission is taked away and instead RNG decides what we do.

"there always will be E-gate/loot cave" Even when you take freedom of choice away, as soon that draco 2.0 arrives on rotation, everyone is going to play that, same goes for any defence/interception/survival/excavation In the end, this does not solve "ghost town" problem as they think it does. Sure with that you may have 1-2 squad on about 17 nodes, but then you have 50+ squads on defence/survival/excavation/interception.

Trading is constantly going on, it isnt in the point that it needs promoting.

All this sum up from info what we have now. I hope steve either chose words poorly(because he was more busy goofing around) wich lead to "misinformation" or things are due change after backslash. "Mission crafting" may also be excatly what we have now, but its now timed due we need a key(wich hopefully has max 10min build time and uses most common resources) But i doubt it will be like that, because they want ghost towns gone and giving mission crafting that much freedom would defeat the purpose. Yes nodes needs to be cutted but not like this.

If the rewards, and prime part drops are fair

If the resource and Core drops are fair (progression in game)

Then I am completely fine with this change. But if you are multiplying the amount of time it takes to get prime parts and cores by tenfold, then either disregard it or completely change the core based progression system and give voids a token system.

We don't have a whole lot of information on how the system is going to work yet.

Well with its current design, they suggested bosses would kind of roll in and out, meaning they wouldn't be available to fight all the time.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

I facedpalmed at that moment. I mean seriously what was that? Dont get me wrong, its okay being silly, however if there is some questions what is being asked maybe they should focus on listening and not act goofy(poor reb, she looked so frustated at that moment). I totally understand not wanting to answer question and not being able to answer all questions. But you could simply say "i dont want to answer that question/we dont have time for that question"  IMO, sillyness can stay, but time it right. Like listen question answer/or dont answer and then be silly. Or be silly while showing new stuff if it fits and maybe end whole stream with comedy routine.

57:28

This stream was the first one that I actually felt annoyed watching, not just for myself but her too.

Edited by Spindle99

I'm very skeptical.

I'll wait and see.

If I don't like it, I'll simply move on to other games.

This sort of extreme change does, however, make me question the validity of my buying the platinum I have.

If I don't enjoy the change, I suppose I will end up feeling like I wasted money on nothing instead of encouraging a growing game that offered a game play style (and game format) that I enjoyed.

People play same missions other and other again because rewards on other missions suck.

There are only two types of missions that are being played right now:

Endless: best resource farm as the most enemies spawn.

Spy 2.0: Really nice rewards including void keys.

All other missions have some meaningless rewards that are completely not worth playing. Removing choice of missions will do nothing to make people play those missions. They will just play same endless and spy missions...

Edited by igo95862

-went and watched the starchart 2.0 discussion a couple times-

So what I take from this:

This is system in idea form is where you have 20 or more missions all will have distinctions of random enemies to a degree with their tileset. OK is this a bad thing?

If it turns out how it should: It won't be as dice roll as people think it is, to more of a understanding the only dice roll will be tileset, mission type, and resources. We have a couple resources but if we keep the system of 2 random commons, 1 random medium, and 1 random rare. Their should be no days/hours/minutes where their are absolutely no X item.

Now here comes the idea of forcing players to do whatever, when they talked about the key/spy to get a mission. I think they where more on the line of how you build something like Dragon keys now. It won't be a crazy resource heavy key, it will be moderate to easy to get the resources to get a key. Possibly needs gallium to build??? :D

Questions:  How long is the downtime between mission selection? Is it missions reset every hour? is it missions reset every 30 minutes? Or is it missions reset every day? Or does it have a time limit or like invasions have a play limit?

Also how do you plan the RNG to work? Is their garrentead to be every type of mission every rotation (we have less than 20 missions) or will it be completely random? If the only thing really random is Tile set and Resources then I think this is fine. 

Will Archwing draw into this pool? Or will archwing be garrenteed?

What would make this good:

All missions get a Alert reward situation where a mission has a unique reward every rotation. That would make it seem more interactive and a little cool.

Bosses: If the key system isn't to resource heavy and I can fight any boss whenever I am completely fine with roaming bosses as long as it is given reason. I don't want Tyle Regor to show up in a infested tile set without me knowing why! Even if it's just for research it will give the world a much more depth.

Maybe some random Darvo missions, and this would possibly give the community a chance to create their own types of missions. A random charger only mission with a high spawnrate with the only drop being neural sensors? Bombards only 60+ mission randomly appears but the mission rewards 10 neuroids?

Edited by Feallike

I think at the minimum, we should at the very least get rid of the redundant nodes. We really don't need 2-3 of the same mission type on a single planet, with one having enemies maybe 1-2 levels higher than the other.

Agreed, which is why I don't get that DE didn't start here, with the obvious, small fixes, and then work their way onward.

Mission Key packs. Yours now for the low low introductory fee of 50p

5 random missions to share with your friends.

What did you get Billy?

Grineer Rescue III Key.

Archwing Grineer Interception I Key.

Corpus Spy III Mission Key.

Corpus Defense II Mission Key.

Infested Hive IV Mission Key! Oh Golly.

That or no one will play tell the Nexus phone app tells us a mission we might actually enjoy is in rotation currently.

Edited by Firetempest

Mission Key packs. Yours now for the low low introductory fee of 50p

5 random missions to share with your friends.

What did you get Billy?

Grineer Rescue III Key.

Archwing Grineer Interception I Key.

Corpus Spy III Mission Key.

Corpus Defense II Mission Key.

Infested Hive IV Mission Key! Oh Golly.

That or no one will play tell the Nexus phone app tells us a mission we might actually enjoy is in rotation currently.

More than likely they'd go with the current syndicate key pack scheme of 1 key that's either T3 or T4 and 2 that are T1 or T2... but for that price.