Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

You can REALLY say that the Rhino nerf was needed but NOT the Nyx nerf?  Please. 

It was needed, but they should of at least buffed her other skills. I don't even use psychic bolt or absorb, they're pure garbage while Rhino's stomp and charge has more uses than Nyx's other skills. Chaos was OP and I'm glad they nerfed it, but honestly buff her other skills.

You killed Rhino, WHY!?

DE, you do realize that iron skins invulnerability isn't the only thing that changed?

During Iron Skin

-Ancients now disrupt him

-Toxic hurts his hp

-He now gets knocked back (pushed back, i dont mean knock down)

-reviving teammates sorrounded by mobs is out of the question

He has no purpose both him and to his team

He can still CC?

a Jump Attack with my Fragor+North Wind will give me the same affect as a radial blast/rhino stomp.

Rhino to me was the go to frame for heavy melee, slow but fearless in up close combat

this 80% dmg reduc is not as powerful as it sounds, he gets wrecked quickly. Hes not a tank, just a warframe that takes 3 seconds longer to die.

Is Rhino Viable still? yes, only because of skilled players and heavy upgraded mods/weapon BUT u have to admit that the same effort would be better off on another frame.

1) Rhino has a lot more going on than Nyx.

2) Rhino Charge makes him able to keep up with Loki/Volt or even out run them just because of that skill.

3) Have you seen Nyx's Psychic Bolts? Absorb? 

4) I'm pretty sure Nyx's is lower also.

5) Honestly, stop your whining. 

Rhino was OP, he really was. 80% Damage reduction and if they add knockback resistance it'll be a solid skill. You can still pick up teamates when the ancients come rolling in and you'll still be that tank you know and love .. just not over powered. On the other hand, Nyx sucks bad now and look at her before you complain about Rhino.

50% of rhinos skills (3 and 4) are pretty bad. I see nyxs now and then, and their crowd control seems to work just fine, true I haven't seen any of her other abilities but mind control, but she is still pretty decent. unlimited invinc by making your enemies kill each other is WAY worse than rhino's IS.

edit:

I kinda agree on the last bit, but he needs disruptor immunity, knockdown immunity and maybe ~90% damage reduction.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Great job on the Vauban introduction video.  If possible, it would be nice to have introductions for all the warframes and showcase what they can do. 

Saryn god mode and Nyx Chaos nerfs hurt all their users but I didn't see as much whining from them.

Look at all these posts about giving us god mode or I quit.  These posts make the rest of the Rhino users look like crybabies.

http://youtu.be/7WHptG35EWU

I'm okay with damage reductions but maybe it could be 85-95 instead.  The trailer did show Iron skin had knockback.  At least, give the Iron skin ability disruptor immunity.  I'm not sure about toxic immunity though.  They are like infectious zombies so nobody should even try to get near them in the first place to sniff their special brand of deodorant or try to touch their fluids oozing from them

Chaos is still good post nerf to the point where it doesn't break the frame. If they fixed Rhino's other abilities and kept immunities to knockdown etc. etc. there wouldn't nearly as much *@##$ing.  The problem is that iron skin is the only thing Rhino ever had going for him and just going ahead and nerfing that hard while doing nothing else was a bad move.

Edited by Aggh

1) Rhino has a lot more going on than Nyx.

2) Rhino Charge makes him able to keep up with Loki/Volt or even out run them just because of that skill.

3) Have you seen Nyx's Psychic Bolts? Absorb? 

4) I'm pretty sure Nyx's is lower also.

5) Honestly, stop your whining. 

Rhino was OP, he really was. 80% Damage reduction and if they add knockback resistance it'll be a solid skill. You can still pick up teamates when the ancients come rolling in and you'll still be that tank you know and love .. just not over powered. On the other hand, Nyx sucks bad now and look at her before you complain about Rhino.

1. Rhino doesn't have decoys that actually shoot people.

2. Cool, a hugely less useful Slash-Dash.

3. Rhino has NO good abilities, at least they have 1 or 2.

4. Chaos and Mind Control, enough stated.

5. F*** no.

I'm sorry that I like to have fun when playing a @(*()$ GAME, rather than get pissed off because I have to spend platinum because any potential teammates I'm playing with have a 99% chance of being mentally $&*&*#(%& or I'm playing alone when the S#&$ hits the fan.

Rhino nerfing...

even from 100% down to 99.9% damage is too much of a reduction.  Without it being at 100% it is no longer a skill worth having, a skill that was essential to rhino's usability.  This means we can no longer use iron skin as a way of giving our shield a break to recharge.  We can also no longer stop an ancient from draining our energy.  It changes the entire gameplay for the Rhino class.  This was pretty much the only class I had been playing but without a full invincibility, I would much rather take one of the faster classes.

1. Rhino doesn't have decoys that actually shoot people.

2. Cool, a hugely less useful Slash-Dash.

3. Rhino has NO good abilities, at least they have 1 or 2.

4. Chaos and Mind Control, enough stated.

5. F*** no.

I'm sorry that I like to have fun when playing a @(*()$ GAME, rather than get &!$$ed off because I have to spend platinum because any potential teammates I'm playing with have a 99% chance of being mentally $&*&*#(%& or I'm playing alone when the S#&$ hits the fan.

Lol, so you're saying you want Godmode back which was essentially what Nyx was? I'm glad Nyx got nerfed, but they should honestly buff her other skills. Mind control is only 1 enemy, Chaos isn't spammable like Iron Skin was. This nerf was needed just give Rhino skin knockdown immunity and knockback immunity and he's completely fine. It's like wanting a skill in any game that makes you invincible for 15 seconds and is spammable. Please be reasonable with what you want, play Nyx and compare with Rhino the only skills you'll be using on her is Mind Control and Chaos you're not even touching her other skills. While Rhino on the other hand would make using his other skills more viable since you don't only have to keep spamming IS over and over till the mob is dead.

Lets compare Defense ability do Defense ability.  Rhino=Iron Skin.  Frost=Snow Globe.

Iron Skin in it's current (intended) state:  Reduces damage by 80%, protects against knockback intended function, is currently bugged), vulnerable to all ancient effects.

Snow Globe in it's current state:  Reduces incoming damage by 100%, reduces speed of hostiles by almost 100%, invulnerable to ancient effects(if used correctly)

Which do you think is better?

You're not mobile using Snow Globe, blocks enemy AND ally fire, useful on defense mission, useless on many other missions, then again, the game is fairly easy right now, more difficulty to come. On the other hand : Iron Skin, doesn't give you movement penalty, doesn't block your teammates from firing on their targets and can be used efficiently in any scenario. My answer : They both do the job they're supposed to.

EDIT : For the Iron Skin I agree it SHOULDN'T be vulnerable to all ancient effects, at least immune to Distruptor's effects.

PS : I don't see how using snow globe can make you invulnerable to ancient effects. Or is it me doing something wrong but when on infected defense I am surrounded by 7 to 13 ancients level 75, snow globe isn't helping me a lot. 

Edited by Deodus

Lol, so you're saying you want Godmode back which was essentially what Nyx was? I'm glad Nyx got nerfed, but they should honestly buff her other skills. Mind control is only 1 enemy, Chaos isn't spammable like Iron Skin was. This nerf was needed just give Rhino skin knockdown immunity and knockback immunity and he's completely fine. It's like wanting a skill in any game that makes you invincible for 15 seconds and is spammable. Please be reasonable with what you want, play Nyx and compare with Rhino the only skills you'll be using on her is Mind Control and Chaos you're not even touching her other skills. While Rhino on the other hand would make using his other skills more viable since you don't only have to keep spamming IS over and over till the mob is dead.

The only skill I ever use besides IS is rhino charge. Rhino stomp takes WAY too much energy for a fragor with frost jump attack, and radial blast... idk it just doesn't do like any damage and the area is really small.

It was needed, but they should of at least buffed her other skills. I don't even use psychic bolt or absorb, they're pure garbage while Rhino's stomp and charge has more uses than Nyx's other skills. Chaos was OP and I'm glad they nerfed it, but honestly buff her other skills.

I've never used Nyx, but Rhino's abilities are completely useless.  Maybe Rhino Charge can give you a boost for a sec, but energy runs out.  Then you are stuck with 6 Ancients bearing down on you with no energy and nowhere to go.

I'd much, much, much, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have a cooldown on Iron Skin and leaving it invuln because Iron Skin was a S#&$-hit-the-fan skill for me. I wasn't walking down every hallway with permanent godmode like you assume I was (assume makes an &#! out of u and me), I was saving my energy so I could and Iron skin at my back when $* went skyward, my shields were down and my health was rapidly descending.

Also, what's with you and Nyx? It's not like she's completely @(*()$ useless.

Wow I just realized how much I #*($%%@ up a few of those sentences but I'm too lazy to fix them...

Edited by fishworshipper

I've never used Nyx, but Rhino's abilities are completely useless.  Maybe Rhino Charge can give you a boost for a sec, but energy runs out.  Then you are stuck with 6 Ancients bearing down on you with no energy and nowhere to go.

I know what you're saying and I'm saying give a little buff to both warframes. Make Rhino's IS knockback/down immune and also he can't be poisoned when IS is on so he retains that ability to pick up teamates and still get into the battle with only taking 20% damage. While making Nyx's psychic bolts more powerful and making absorb actually taunt the enemies instead of a useless skill unless you're solo'ing.

I'd much, much, much, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have a cooldown on Iron Skin and leaving it invuln because Iron Skin was a S#&$-hit-the-fan skill for me. I wasn't walking down every hallway with permanent godmode like you assume I was (assume makes an &#! out of u and me), I was saving my energy so I could and Iron skin at my back when $* went skyward, my shields were down and my health was rapidly descending.

Wow I just realized how much I #*($%%@ up a few of those sentences but I'm too lazy to fix them...

this is exactly what i would use it for, although when helping a friend farm mats i would also at time just face tank the S#&$ outta a boss, but that was not often :P

and like i said, like 20 sec cooldown on it would be good, 30 sec tops

Edited by Ecotox

I'm comparing Nyx because she was my main Warframe as Rhino is to you. I'm not assuming that you had IS up all the time, you would have it up as things start to get hectic, same with Chaos. If I was about to die or I was stuck in a sticky situation I would use Chaos and either try to kill all the enemies in that 15 second period or just run. But other than that; that's the only skill I thought was useful with Nyx. Basically Rhino and Nyx are one skill warframes right? They totally depend on that one special skill that defines them. I'm just saying they both need buffs from the nerfs they received, but not to their former state where they were both over powered.

With maxed flow,streamline, and an energy siphon, chaos is incredibly spammable.

How to make better updates:

1: Ignore the nerf-herders

2: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What happened to Rhino and Banshee violates both of these rules.

Better to spend more update effort with fixing REAL problems, rather than coming up with unneccary nerfs.

your making an assumption that those people even now arent going to just lean on more competent players. I have bad luck in pug runs alot, getting stuck with people who dont want to actually do anything regardless of party. This isnt something exclusive to parties with my rhino, happened on my saryn, excal, and frost. Those people are gonna do it either way, my not being able to carry them means i either alt-f4 out so i dont get a failed/quit mission or hope they will maybe carry their weight. Luckily on my frost i can still do that thanks to his abilities, and can do it with saryn and excal decently aswell. Rhino now has not only a slwo pace, but little dmg from his abilities, cant go invul and carry a lazy party if you get stuck in one (and i do and it will still happen). I frequent wave30+ in def mission on the outer planets with friends, i now am of 0 use there on rhino because i cant come to the rescue in a pinch once the mobs are over lvl 100 because by that time im dying just the same as they are. That religates my rhino to regular missions as i cant keep dmg up like other frames in higher waves.

That's why its a co-op game. You can't and should not do everything by yourself.

And also again its not an assumption if people won't learn anything or be as competent as other players. Why? Because they decided to quit the game just because something got nerfed. Once you quit on the game, that's it - its over for you because you didn't even give other frames/things a chance and/or even look on the brighter side of what's going to happen next like a possible fix or future update.

This game doesn't revolve on Rhino and like most/other games, it is destined to have a certain meta balancing state where things need to be tweaked and/or phased in and out.

Edited by kiiri

I know what you're saying and I'm saying give a little buff to both warframes. Make Rhino's IS knockback/down immune and also he can't be poisoned when IS is on so he retains that ability to pick up teamates and still get into the battle with only taking 20% damage. While making Nyx's psychic bolts more powerful and making absorb actually taunt the enemies instead of a useless skill unless you're solo'ing.

Rhino is going to have his knockback/down immunity, don't worry (as said in https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45891-iron-skin-properties-issues-apparently-a-bug/) (Can someone please verify the source ?)

Nyx's abilities are kind of useless except for Chaos and Absorb (only if you're soloing). Totally agree with your idea, Nyx's absorb should aggro/taunt the enemies. Psychic bolts really need some buff, completely useless past level 16 on any type of enemy. And the Mind Control Skill is quite useless when you can use Chaos.

I'm comparing Nyx because she was my main Warframe as Rhino is to you. I'm not assuming that you had IS up all the time, you would have it up as things start to get hectic, same with Chaos. If I was about to die or I was stuck in a sticky situation I would use Chaos and either try to kill all the enemies in that 15 second period or just run. But other than that; that's the only skill I thought was useful with Nyx. Basically Rhino and Nyx are one skill warframes right? They totally depend on that one special skill that defines them. I'm just saying they both need buffs from the nerfs they received, but not to their former state where they were both over powered.

And what I'm saying is that the switch from invuln to damage reduction makes IS pointless because the primary good thing about it was the fact that I could regenerate my shields, even if I'm standing next to a shattered space-window.

Chaos still does the same thing (makes every enemy go banana-nut-butters and start killing everyone) while Iron Skin does.... nothing.