Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...about Mad Max

TheErebus.

great movie

anyone who rips it for thin story/plot need to re-view Mad Max 1/2/3 and realize they never had deep plots

Fury Road is to the Mad Max franchise what Predators (2010) was to the Predator franchise

Fury Road both pays homage to the classics all over the place, as well as uniquely re-inventing the world/lore/canon

its basically non-stop in-yer-face action swiss cheese, with all the holes filled with little subtle character development (which all flows perfectly, nothing feels forced or out of place)

early on i was like 'wtf, this is so ridiculous' but really, this is mad max, u just gotta go with it, the world is crazy, and that's the whole point

think Rock Band meets Roadwarrior meets Fallout meets Rage =]

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Well, different countries, different mentalities, different ratings.

The rating Mad Max got here is nothing I want to see for a Mad Max, it shows me that this movie is to harmlees in terms of violence.

I know our rating agency is doing a bad job almost all the time, so maybe I am wrong and the movie is violent enough, but I won´t pay 14€ just to find out.

Germany's ratings are pretty terrible in general (and so are the US's).

Here it's rated as high as possible, though our highest rating is 16+.

Germany's ratings are pretty terrible in general (and so are the US's).

Here it's rated as high as possible, though our highest rating is 16+.

The ratings in germany aren´t terrible, just the execution and that most people don´t know enough about them.

Damn good thing DERebecca did post on this thread despite not thinking she should.

I'm an Aussie. First movie I ever remember watching was Lion King. Second was Mad Max 2. My Dad was/is a massive fan of the series, as am I. Only thing I'm worried about is that the hype will make me overestimate how good it is.

Anyway, I'm off to see if I can....um.... buy this legitimately online then download it to watch >.>

If you are a fan of post-apoc themed sci-fi and / or enjoyed Borderlands (specifically the first one) then you must see it. Not an option. 

I really enjoyed how much Borderlands referenced the originals and it was almost as if Fury Road has benefited from the time it took to come into existence. It seemed to play off the things which had been influenced by the originals alongside paying homage to the originals themselves, without trying too hard to fit in with them. 

It was cheesy, blatant, silly and freaking fantastic. 

Just got back from seeing this. Absolutely phenomenal movie, and best of all?

NO ROMANTIC SUBPLOT. Just a male and female protagonist kicking &#! and watching each others backs! It's really, really refreshing.

She says amazing to everything.

I am not gonna watch this movie in theatres because of the rating. It is to low, I expect the highest rating from a Mad Max not only the second highest.

Have you asked Rebecca about everything?

=|

If you're not going to watch the movie then why did you even come into this thread? Obviously its not to get someone's opinion because you already have yours apparently.

I swear ppl just love to spit out the first thing that comes to their mind.

Back in the day, I built all kinds of mangled Road Warrior roadsters in shop class out of plexiglass, wood and metal. And it would always piss off my teacher. He'd say: "Those kinds of cars don't exist. And I'd answer: "Sure they do, in the Australian Outback!"

Saw the preview, was wary at first but went to see it in 3D on Sunday.  All I can say is: it blew my mind.  It was amazing.  100% adrenaline beginning to end, very little downtime.  I don't think there was anything I disliked about it.  It is extremely fast moving, both plot-wise and literally.  Most of the film takes place on or in very high speed automobiles, namely the 'war rig', and up-armored, bad-&#! smoke and fire-spewing tanker truck.  Tom Hardy is a bit too pretty to be playing Max, but you get used to him, his character is really good.

Luckily it as not a CG-fest and you can tell right off a ton of effort went into the visual design of the clothes and vehicles.  If you are a bit of a gearhead, the vehicles will really steal the show.  The sets are good too, they did 'post-apocalyptic' right.

As for plot, well, it isn't a Terrence Malick film.  I felt it fit in perfect around the white-knuckle action and conveyed the desperation and urgency needed to keep the film moving forward.  It is light years better than the slew of horrid comic book and superhero movies Hollywood has been cranking out.  See the movie for fun, also, if you can, make sure to see it in 3-D.

• 2 weeks later...

The housemate dragged me out to see it, and I like it; definitely a worthwhile addition to the originals. What most impressed me was the use of CG, or rather the fact that they didn't use gratuitous CG.

They certainly could have gotten away with it if they wanted to, but they didn't. It was only there to add that last little bit of punch to the shots that stood to benefit most from it.

In a word, refreshing.