Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Alad V Is Going To Betray Us Now, Right ?!?!

thebrainbrain

I will allow this conversation to cease on the grounds that the future is uncertain, and I will not be one to say "I told you so" should Alad abuse the Genetic Deterioration data we have allowed him to receive. I would, however, just like to state that Alad V should not be trusted, especially now. A fragile asset is hardly an asset at all.

A bad asset becomes a weapon. You must know how to handle it. And when to use it. Nothing just doesn't grow from ashes. Unless you lay that ash on a meadow what grows wheat.

Edited by Revel72

The twist wouldn't even be him betraying us. Rather, it would be him helping us in future events and stuff like that.

People expect so much back-stabbing in this games world that they wouldn't expect a character to actually be grateful from a show of mercy.

What would a cure for something as the infestation even be? A restoration to the subjects original form? Having thier own mind restored?

I doubt something as far mutated as chargers can be cured. I dont know why Alad kept his human form for so long but it might have been because he took some security measures before he became infested that allowed him to retain his individuality.

Edited by Ory_Hara

What would a cure for something as the infestation even be? A restoration to the subjects original form? Having thier own mind restored?

I doubt something as far mutated as chargers can be cured. I dont know why Alad kept his human form for so long but it might have been because he took some security measures before he became infested that allowed him to retain his individuality.

Honestly, I see the cure being more of a vaccine. One that inhibits the spread of the Infestation.

The ones like the chargers and leapers, they are beyond salvation.

What?

Meta narrative, the structure of the story rather than the story. It's completely unrelated to my points so I have no idea why you brought them up in response to me.

Ok.

Good

He hasn't gained a new enemy at all. It's still the same. Nef Anyo has always hated Alad V.

And if anything, he's now very grateful towards the Tenno for what we've done. I'd say he has no interest in trying to mess with us anymore. 

I'm talking about Tyl Regor. Alad V just made an enemy of Tyl Regor. He could've been his business partner instead.

That's just your personal opinion, I'd gladly side with the Infested if given the option. 

There is the option to side with the infested. Go to any infested mission and let them kill you.

That's 2/2, Tyl Regor is the only sane man here. That's including the tenno, the lotus and the players. Even the devs are a bit borked.

Edited by Mastikator2

What?

Meta narrative, the structure of the story rather than the story. It's completely unrelated to my points so I have no idea why you brought them up in response to me.

Ok.

Good

He hasn't gained a new enemy at all. It's still the same. Nef Anyo has always hated Alad V.

And if anything, he's now very grateful towards the Tenno for what we've done. I'd say he has no interest in trying to mess with us anymore. 

I'm talking about Tyl Regor. Alad V just made an enemy of Tyl Regor. He could've been his business partner instead.

That's just your personal opinion, I'd gladly side with the Infested if given the option. 

There is the option to side with the infested. Go to any infested mission and let them kill you.

The meta narrative was directed at Morec0, not you.

Tyl Regor has always been against Alad. He's Corpus. All of the Grineer would turn against the corpus when given the chance, and why would an infested Alad V even think of trying to be a business parter with Regor? Regor would rather side with the Tenno than let an infested individual get close to his science.

Very funny.

I don't care if he betrays us or not, I like him anyway owo

It's true honestly. Besides! Did you see his message to Neffy's followers? He said he still wanted to be friends and put this and all his horrible experiments behind us!

Besides!

More infested cannon fodder to play with, yay!

I've said that from the start.

... Why would we rescue him after that?

^ we would rescue him because he would pay us too....

and tenno are greedy mercenaries that dont seem to have a moral code

we spout ideas about balance.....yet cause imbalances in the solar system.....

Well, infestation isn't an overnight thing you know. It takes time to spread.

^ we would rescue him because he would pay us too....

and tenno are greedy mercenaries that dont seem to have a moral code

we spout ideas about balance.....yet cause imbalances in the solar system.....

Also, I'm no mercenary! I supported Alad and gave him my word, and even after his betrayal, I will still support him when he asks for the help!

The pay would be nice though.

^ it seems like the cure for infestation is an overnight thing =P

Is there any actual relative time in space? We don't know how long it actually took for the infestation to spread. xD

Actually we don't know the time duration for the Infestation to begin taking over the organism it has infected.

Well, it's said that J3 Golem got so huge over millennia of infestation. You can only assume infestation gets worse over time and grows/develops like a disease.

Edited by WingedCrusade

Well, it's said that J3 Golem got so huge over millennia of infestation. You can only assume infestation gets worse over time and grows/develops like a disease.

Most likely it grew so huge due to the constant fusing of flesh from other organisms, that is how the Infestion works. 

But in terms of how fast it can spread, we simply don't know.

I will never understand the people that want to be able to side with the Infestation.

I wouldn't side with the Infestation as it is, but if I could create a modified strain of it that obeys my whim and doesn't just mindlessly infect people, I'd go for that.

So it's not 'I'd side with the Infestation it's I'd make the Infestation side with me'.

Look at the inbox message from Alad V his icon is back to his normal self instead of the infested version. I'm pretty sure he cured himself.

I'm really glad he keeps his email avatar / google+ profile pic accurate with up-to-date information.