Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Bug Megathread [Investigating]

ACorpse

This has been going on for far too long.  Seems to happen for me in those cases where the host's computer/internet clearly isn't up to the job of acting as server for 4 people, and there is obvious packet loss and prioritization of what data gets sent to the clients, with the act of picking up items by sentinels being near the bottom of the list.

This game has needed a major improvement in its peer-to-peer hosting model since forever.  Every player should get a rating as to how well their computer/connection can handle hosting (like a regular speedtest, and a log of how many times they've disconnected, or aborted missions before objective completion), and instead of the first person in the queue getting the position of host, it should be given to the player with the highest hosting rating.

That would seriously reduce the number of host migrations, the amount of rubber banding, skipping and lag caused by limited bandwidth (which would seem to be at the root of this issue with carriers) that is seen when there are too many in the group for the host to handle, and shift the effects currently caused by those with poor connections onto just them, and not every player who has the bad luck to have them as a host.

#FixesNotFeatures

Edited by polarity

Not really true about the sewer camp. I've had this happen a few times on normal play with carrier and the 1 time using the helios i was unable to pick up items or interact. The connection was fine before anyone says the next obvious thing. 

Definitely an issue with the carrier and whether you camp or not shouldn't make a difference. 

It has to do with lag, the carrier bug they "fixed" where the items stuck to your head was the lagged delay of items being registered on the server, what they should have done was kept carrier function as they were but made items merely hide themselves and show "Queing".

Carrier wasn't bugged, the lag was causing items to stick to our heads and there was a delay before the server processes the ammo pickup.  What looks to clients (us) and the server is different.

Before all I had to do was wait for pickups now carrier will stop picking up ammo.  I think many "bugs" are because of lag (poor netcode) not because the code was broken to begin with.

Edited by StormBeast3

This has been happening to me a lot lately as well, though not quite to this extreme, but it's very annoying to have stuff following you and;

A) have your vision impeded at times by floating loot, and

B) listening to the repeated damn looting sounds throughout a mission...

That one is an interaction between one of your teammates having a mutation on and the game not letting you pick the ammo up because the game treats it is mutated and doesn't want to let players without mutations pick the ammo up. If you have a mutation equipped on your other  gun, switch to it and fire a round or two and reload, it should let you pickup the offending ammo that way. If you are playing without ammo mutation and your friends have it, you will have to grab the ammo first before they walk over it and switch it to mutated ammo.

Worst possible situation, playing as a nekros in an apollodorus run with a GP mag, and a noob using all the capsules the instant they spawned.

In a 10 minute run I got just 3 mods, one of which was the 10 minute reward, and spent the whole game with a massive stack of modules, life-support drops and energy orbs filling almost my entire screen.

We had to extract because we ran out of life support, because it was all floating behind me.

That's how broken this is.

#FixesNotFeatures