The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vandal Weapon Conspiracy?

_Fracture8

So it has been hotly... somewhat... ok so noone give a rats arse really. But the odd question about the origin of the Vandal weapons has surfaced here and there over the past 2 years. And I think I might have found the answer...

It's no doubt that these weapons are of Corpus construction / design philosophy. I mean all weapons affected by "Vandalisation" are Corpus weapons themselves or have Corpus ties in some form (ie: Braton Vandal and Snipetron Vandal). Yet what is more important is the DESIGN of the weapons.

Now what is this clearly obvious Lotus symbol doing on the hilt on most of these weapons? So what that tells us is that the manufactor has some clear connection between both the Lotus and the Corpus. Also that word... Vandal... Why such an odd term to name a weapon? I mean the Corpus can be Vandal's of Orokin technology... yet that is not what these weapons represent, they have no affliation of Orokin design on them...

braton-vandal.jpg

So who else here has a clear affiliation with both the Lotus and the Corpus, has access to Corpus weaponry, and is related to a Vandal...

Oh wait, a certain quote comes to mind...

- "A warrant has been issued for the rogue Corpus smuggler known only as..."

u88sZRk.png
          AINSLEY HARRIET!?!
                 DARVO!!!

He is a friend of the Tenno and perhaps an ally of the Lotus herself, responsible for several hijacking of both Corpus and Grineer ships. He is a pirate. He is a VANDAL.

"This individual is thought to be behind a rash of deaths and hijackings."

Now assuming that Darvo has crew members of some sort, I would go as far as to assume that the "Vandal" weapons would be their arsenal of choice. It seems so much like Darvo to rob a whole bunch of Corpus equipment and modify them to either sell it off for a higher price / suit his needs.

Anyone else agree?

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Well, while Darvo had indeed an affiliation with the Lotus, the Lotus symbol can be found everywhere in the Void, which could mean that the designer of such a weaponry could have just been a normal Corpus void traveller. . .which could possibly explain why the weapon is called "Vandal" and how the Void design inspired such Corpus. Well, that's my opinion.

+1 for Black Darvo

I vote for Darvo to be black. We need more black people in this game!

...like Nekros?

Oh, wait, half the time he's pastel pink. Er, before you factor in the red, Red Veil?

(Seriously though: If this is the case, Dar-bro's been holding back, we need more/better vandals.)

You make a common (stupid) misconception about Vandal weapons. They are not specifically of Corpus origin and never will be due to the fact that the Lato Vandal exists. Also, the Braton was originally an Orokin weapon reverse engineered by the Corpus.

from what i understand both vandal and wraith weapons are originated of corpus and grineer.

and are modified by the lotus herself (or something alike), and then offered to us.

whats hard to understand is why braton is a vandal weapon, since it is a orokin or tenno weapon; and why the wraith weapons use the red veil markings.

Edited by 7grims

From the Codex:

"The Lato Vandal has been customized by the Tenno with a blue-green metallic finish, and Lotus branding on the grips."

"The Imperator Vandal has been customized by the Tenno..."

It seems that the Vandal series is Tenno-made. There are probably Tenno weaponmasters somewhere who spend their life reverse-engineering weapons, tweaking them and painting them.

This is different from the Dex series, which is explicitly produced by the Lotus.

That said, I so much wish Darvo to be black now.

from what i understand both vandal and wraith weapons are originated of corpus and grineer.

and are modified by the lotus herself, or something alike, and then offered to us.

whats hard to understand is why the wraith weapons use the red veil markings.

*cough Latron/Strun Wraith are not Grineer or Corpus cough*

You make a common (stupid) misconception about Vandal weapons. They are not specifically of Corpus origin and never will be due to the fact that the Lato Vandal exists. Also, the Braton was originally an Orokin weapon reverse engineered by the Corpus.

Braton has been rumoured to be mass-manufactured by the Corpus, which are of course responsible for reverse engineering Orokin tech

Also thanks for calling me stupid asshat, really appreciate it. Next time you write a better theory

Again if Darvo is allied with the Lotus, he should have access to Lato's

Edited by KilelrDrone492

"The Lato Vandal has been customized by the Tenno with a blue-green metallic finish, and Lotus branding on the grips."

"The Imperator Vandal has been customized by the Tenno..."

It seems that the Vandal series is Tenno-made. There are probably Tenno weaponmasters somewhere who spend their life reverse-engineering weapons, tweaking them and painting them.

A very valid point, thanks for that

A very valid point, thanks for that

Np ;-)

I'm frankly more bothered at the choice of "Vandal" as a title. The Vandals were truly horrible people. They burned the world's greatest orchard and, almost 2000 years after that, it's still a desert.

Very convincing theory indeed.

I don't mean to derail the threat but I just realized that the Braton is of Corpus origin, amirite?

But corpus doesn't makes weapons that uses bullet, amirite again?

So if Braton doesn't breaks the lore, why does Snipetron? 

Hmmm... wasn't it stated in Imperator Vandal's Codex description that it was the Tenno operatives who modified it and applied the unique Lotus decal to the vanilla weapon?

"The Imperator Vandal has been customized by the Tenno with a blue-green metallic finish and Lotus branding on the barrel."

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Imperator_Vandal

I believe it's the Tenno gunsmiths who modify the usual weaponry into its Vandal/Wraith form. Then again, this begs the question of how did Alad V gift us a crate containing the Karak Wraith a couple of weeks back, but I'm sure some lore could be incorporated on how he got his paws on that particular armament.

Very convincing theory indeed.

I don't mean to derail the threat but I just realized that the Braton is of Corpus origin, amirite?

But corpus doesn't makes weapons that uses bullet, amirite again?

So if Braton doesn't breaks the lore, why does Snipetron? 

The few lore entries we have, tell us that the orokin drop high technology against the sentient, instead they went back to regular percussion weapons (mag prime codex entry) hence the braton, burston and latron, and I´m guessing before the corpus deciphered energy weapons they salvaged this and made corpus versions of them, then they deciphered the use of energy weapons and never went back, and they are probably selling bratons as cheap guns to regular civilians, that makes it a very accesible weapon to vandalized.

Unless we get a snipetron prime or lanka prime, I´m guessing the lanka is the one weapon the corpus did develop by themselves.

Edit.

So while the prime weapons are of orokin design, and clearly salvaged technology (burston prime wp description) by the corpus, hence their corpus counterparts, the codex entry on snipetron  states this one is of corpus manufacture, by the period we are playing corpus have dropped the production or at least the are not using fireweapons themselves, only energy weapons, so it made no sense for them to have a percussion sniper rifle.

Edited by Pavelord

The few lore entries we have, tell us that the orokin drop high technology against the sentient, instead they went back to regular percussion weapons (mag prime codex entry) hence the braton, burston and latron, and I´m guessing before the corpus deciphered energy weapons they salvaged this and made corpus versions of them, then they deciphered the use of energy weapons and never went back, and they are probably selling bratons as cheap guns to regular civilians, that makes it a very accesible weapon to vandalized.

Unless we get a snipetron prime or lanka prime, I´m guessing the lanka is the one weapon the corpus did develop by themselves.

Aye, but I think what he's getting at is "the Corpus manufactured a NON-energy weapon?"

Which, in my opinion, is answered simply by "their greed". I like to think of the modern, non-Prime Braton as having been created by the Corpus as part of a "self protection" racket of theirs, making a buck off of the unaffiliated of Origin desperate for safety. So you get the likes of the Braton which are based on old Orokin tech but don't use the high-end Corpus lazery. I think the Strun could also fall into this category, as well as a few of the Corpus-made weapons that aren't energy ones.

I also like to think this explains the existence-and-cancellation of the Snipetron - Corpus thought they could make good money off of a sniper rifle for protection, but when civvies started using it to FAR more effect than they had anticipated the product line was discontinued, the model being reused for the Lanka.

*cough Latron/Strun Wraith are not Grineer or Corpus cough*

good point.

i still dont get the relation of vandal to corpus or the lotus

nor the wraith to the grineer and red veil

hoping there is real planing behind the lore, since these question are so intriguing.