Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male Or Female Choice

dckid1994

A fourth, female starter frame would be a really good idea. What frame would be good you think? Saryn springs to mind, or maybe Nyx, given the Excal connection.  But then Volt is a starter now and is clan tech, making Banshee a good counterpoint.

4 frames at the start should be implemented, honestly remove volt replace him with loki again and add ember as a starter frame. Better yet

Volt,Frost,Ember,Valkyr should be the intro characters. Why?

Volt = Caster (Male)

Ember = Caster (Female)

Frost = Tank (Male)

Valkyr = Tank (Female)

Each of these frames also have what new players need. But we all know warframe can't trade out their special snowflake Excalibur

I'd say it more needs to breakdown this way for the starters:

Crowd Control Frame - Nyx

Stealth Frame - Ash

Caster Frame - Trinity

Tank Frame - Rhino

And as a reward for completing Vor's Prize, you get Excalibur as a gift.

So there you go, all 4 types represented, and I'd argue that most of them are simple enough for beginners to learn to use effectively. I'd argue that Valkyr really should have a mission to be able to unlock her, due to her backstory, and I honestly don't see Frost as a tank (He's more of a caster).

TBH, I'd like to see DE go to a mission based system of unlocking the different frames.  For example, to unlock Ember, You have to complete a series of missions on Mercury, which would make sense as it's the hottest planet in the system. Europa with it's Ice Planet Tileset missions could be used to unlock Frost, Hydroid could move to Uranus and it's Grineer Sealab map ( or the upcoming Sharkwing), Oberon moves to Earth with it's forests, etc... They make more sense that way.

My .02 cents

What's wrong with having Gender choice for all frames? Including the primes, that would be cool to have! but that would also mean new animations, which would be even cooler to purchase for other frames!

You do have a choice, your Tenno can be of any gender you want.

The Warframes they use however have a fixed shape and may have gender signifiers. The being inside is up to you though.

Edited by SilentMobius

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for revisions of abiltiies that they had to discard for the current frame and use it with a Male/Female Variant, but it turns into, "This frame can do this job better" Which is a shame.

Male Valkyr hulk smashing(Seismic Palming) rather then Clawing and ripping apart enemies, and damage buffing rather then speed(roar rip off I know) would of been neat as an example of variants and differences.

Edited by Shokky

Always for gender choice.

Would have loved a male Valkyr...

VAsizzm.jpg

Where did you get this picture from? I would also like to know who the photoshopper is.

I photoshopped it myself.

Used the following picture that I screenshotted from the

:

OPQbhVP.jpg

Edited by KingTaro

Maybe Ash Prime whuold be female?

Also, depending on some warframes body shape, you do kowm, that females can "wear" male suits right (as long they are big enough and not flat) for example Hydorid, Valban, and frost.

As long, they don;t have a viable male chest, like abs or fin chest, then you can have the warframe what ever gender you want.

For an example, my Forst is female, she just hides her chest under the cloth and chest piece. Why did I make -My- Forst female?, due to how slim the frame is, and to me it looks very famine.

So really, if you use your imagination right, YOUR warframe can be any gender you want  

Y'know, considering how popular the Prisma Excalibur bundle is despite costing rather a lot of plat, I'm not sure I buy the excuse that too few people would buy genderswapped skins/models for it to be worthwhile. Even though it would take more time and effort to produce than a simple re-texture, people will pay quite a lot for cosmetics.

Re: "sjw ruining mah vidya gaems", this has nothing to do with social justice. There is no gender inequality issue here - we have an equal balance of male and female frames. The issue is lore discrepancy. There is no explanation given for why equipping a different frame completely changes the wearer's sex and build. Unless DE actually confirms that Tenno are shapeshifters or androgynous stick-figure beings, it makes no sense to design frames as though they are separate characters, when in-game they explicitly aren't.

There is no explanation given for why equipping a different frame completely changes the wearer's sex and build. Unless DE actually confirms that Tenno are shapeshifters or androgynous stick-figure beings, it makes no sense to design frames as though they are separate characters, when in-game they explicitly aren't.

Tenno are androgynous shape shifters.

Here's why:

It's been pretty much confirmed that Tenno are physical, humanoid beings that wear the warframes and can switch between them, due to quotes by the Lotus, Ordis, Sargas Ruk, Lech Kril, the bleed proc visual effect, the fact that we take bonus damage from Slash, Toxin, and Viral, and the out-of-frame Tenno in the cryopods on defense missions. Ordis warns you to be cautious when occupying the Limbo warframe, the quest lines have you collecting pieces of the Mirage and Chroma warframes to wear for yourself, Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril both say that there's flesh inside of the warframes, and we bleed when hit with bleed procs. The theory that the Tenno are energy beings, as well as the theory that Tenno can only use a single warframe, are both pretty much busted already. You play as one humanoid Tenno that switches between the warframes in your arsenal.

But then how do humanoid Tenno use both male and female warframes? There are three possibilities.
1. Tenno do not have a physical sex/gender, and the warframes only do because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
2. Tenno can use any warframe regardless of their sex/gender, and the warframes are only male/female because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
3. Tenno can change their physical sex/gender at will to fit which warframe they want to wear.

The third theory appears to be the most likely when you take a look at the Tenno in cryopods on defense missions, since all of the Tenno in cryo appear to be male. Would this mean that there are no female Tenno in existence? No, that can be proven false when you consider that the female warframes must have been made in the image of their first wearer. This means that Tenno must be capable of changing their sex/gender at will, and all switched to being male when they went into cryo for some reason, perhaps because being male would somehow help them withstand the cold better.

I would have quoted myself if copying and pasting quotes wasn't so wonky.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

[snip]

Actually, it's because DE's design team for new Warframes ignores the actual lore and designs every frame as a unique character. There is no other reason. There is no in-universe reason, nothing in the lore, at all. It's purely IRL reasons. And it makes no sense.

Actually, it's because DE's design team for new Warframes ignores the actual lore and designs every frame as a unique character. There is no other reason. There is no in-universe reason, nothing in the lore, at all. It's purely IRL reasons. And it makes no sense.

Well, yeah. They want to do cool and interesting designs that will sell.

And I think the Lore surrounding the warframes is that there was originally only one Tenno per warframe.

The stories are all about individuals, not models. This might conflict with how we build and wear them in-game, but it at least makes interesting reads/quests.

It would have been easier that we are Commander Shepard and each warframe is a new Tenno in our crew. That woulf make sense and no one would think twice.

But there is a problem. We play the frame, we ARE the frame. And so the mono-mechanic became canon.

That lead to illogic and questions.

I despise the energy-theory with a passion, and yet it is the easiest.

The second one is the Guyver. The suit makes the wearer a part of it untill its broken or wearer is dead.

I personally think the gender-choice should be added in the future, there is no reason not to have it if the Tenno are not one big crew, and we know we are 1 spaceninja. So if I want to play my Nekros female why not let me?

But there is a problem. We play the frame, we ARE the frame. And so the mono-mechanic became canon.

The mono-Tenno theory was confirmed by the quest lines in which you acquire new frames. Ordis states that you, the Tenno, occupy different warframes at the end of the Limbo Theorem quest.

@4G3NT_0R4NG3: speculation ≠ lore. Nothing in the in-game lore confirms this idea, and as far as I'm aware there haven't been any statements from DE confirming it either.

Theory-crafting is all about deducing what's actually going on with the information that we have. Just look at Game Theory. how many of MatPat's theories have been confirmed by the developers of the games he's theorized about?

Still, it is just a game theory.

Actually, it's because DE's design team for new Warframes ignores the actual lore and designs every frame as a unique character. There is no other reason. There is no in-universe reason, nothing in the lore, at all. It's purely IRL reasons. And it makes no sense.

I agree, it is problematic that DE does things for IRL reasons and forces us to take the results of those actions into account when theory-crafting. We have to explain the fact that every frame is a unique character by saying that the frame is modeled after its first wearer.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Possibly/probably lore reasons.  Also they would rather just make more unique frames than make gender-swapped frames. DE's stated they may at some point make alt-gender frames of similar themes IE: "Blaze, a male fire frame" but with still different powers from Ember.

This.

A kind of Wolverine would be way better than just a male Valkyr

... a male Valkyr... stupid idea!