Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Valkyr Skin

S3EK3R

I don't care if it's a tail or comes from the head. I do not care if it can be taken down ,or is it permanent. I'm buying it. That's for sure.

Only thing I do not want is it to be a steam sale item. Either a limited edition skin, which can be bought during certain time intervals, or a Baro item, which can be traded.

Edited by S3EK3R

Same here. I buy everything that comes for a limited time.

My main is Valkyr. I totally love Valkyr. Ever since she came out I've been playing her 80-90% of my playtime. This skin is just AWESOME!

<snip>

Aye, I did think our ideas were lining up well. The blame mostly falls on my part.

Though I'm more inclined to think their "role" would stem from their powers, not sure what you mean by symbolic - leadership and all that?.

And, like I said, I buy more into the frames themselves bearing their personalities on the wearer than the sort of Eldar masqurading that was suggested by a few others. My disagreement with you on that part was that it seemed to me you were suggesting the frames itself hold history of it's use like some kind of library. Again, possibly misunderstanding on my part.

--

The "Oro" identification is just rampant speculation on my part. We aren't even 100% sure if Tenno have Oro themselves (though I'm one of those who think they do). I think the wiki does have the comments up... I THINK....

I've been considering making a post about a few theories of mine. Still need to work on the "Orokin Dehumanization through the Warframes" idea, though.

Aye, I did think our ideas were lining up well. The blame mostly falls on my part.

Though I'm more inclined to think their "role" would stem from their powers, not sure what you mean by symbolic - leadership and all that?.

And, like I said, I buy more into the frames themselves bearing their personalities on the wearer than the sort of Eldar masqurading that was suggested by a few others. My disagreement with you on that part was that it seemed to me you were suggesting the frames itself hold history of it's use like some kind of library. Again, possibly misunderstanding on my part.

--

The "Oro" identification is just rampant speculation on my part. We aren't even 100% sure if Tenno have Oro themselves (though I'm one of those who think they do). I think the wiki does have the comments up... I THINK....

I've been considering making a post about a few theories of mine. Still need to work on the "Orokin Dehumanization through the Warframes" idea, though.

Symbolic would be more what, if any, 'truth' would be found in the use of a certain warframe. Considering their ascetic (and oriental) styled culture, the Tenno do seem plausibly the type that it's more than just 'really useful in a fight' when it comes to their usage of them. It's part of their entire identity as a race/species when it comes to description, after all.

After all, when you take the names into account alone, even though there is a wealth of thought a Tenno master could have, especially if they don't have the 'wider human mythological archetypes' to draw upon any more. It's mostly just a thought about what, if any, would a Tenno be 'saying' by using one frame over another.

Much like our favoured names/avatars or whatever says something about us as people. "It is the masks we choose, not those given, that let us express ourselves" in a sense. (Paraphrasing myself. If I'm actually quoting someone, news to me)

Granted, I may be going too far into the 'Warrior philosophy' consideration. Could be a lot less involved than that.

As for the 'frames as library', was more just a wondering how, if the Warframe represents a specific 'character' in Tenno social consciousness, that is maintained after the Cryosleep wiped their collective memories. Sort of like those subtle, hardly conscious 'cues'. The 'programming' of the Warframe as part of the Systems component, perhaps?

Alternatively it could be that it's no longer held from the old war, and the Tenno are in the process of reinventing their ancient symbols as they come to terms with the war of the present.

I guess time will tell.

-

Guess I'll have a gander at Oro at some point. It seems reasonable to think Tenno have Oro though; I half imagine that's what was left of Mirage as a 'Void Imprint' during Hidden Messages, after all. We'll see in time.

Dehumanisation is an interesting one. Not really sure I've got much I could offer to help on that one though. I think I discussed it in part of the Posthuman theory I did a while back, but that's more 'mechanic specific' than perhaps desired, so not neutral enough perhaps for what you might be after. Still, it's got a link on my profile if it might be any use to your efforts.

End of the day, good luck really.

I just hope i can get this skin without it being a limited time offer.

I really like playing valkyr but making it time-exclusive and making me not able to get it(because i might be away in the time of its release), even though i have been writing on the forums about it, since her initial release, would just make me incredible sad.

Edit: If DE makes this a steam-sale exclusive people will die.

Edited by Megakruemel

Well all I can say is that it changes her lore a TON. No longer is she some fully corpus created beast, now shes just a stripped down frame. Meaniiiing she can have a prime! (right??)

I think all frames can have prime version. Just in far future we get some "prime prime" versions to balance game))

She will be Primed. And I think we will get a full on Valkyrie Asgard killer angel.

They can explore two themes this way.

1) Cat/reptile. Yes, I happen to think her claws, helmets and tail apply to a repriles too.

2) Valkyr battleangel with Asgaardian featueres.

Edited by arch111

Fun fact: in the days of the Vikings, the berserkers among them actually ate mushrooms to induce a hallucinatory state and caused them to rampage in battle, hence berserkers are known to be insane and strong fighters.

In reality, they were all tripping balls and stealing shiny S#&amp;&#036; when they were covered in blood.

TL;DR  Valkyr is a cat on shrooms.

She will be Primed. And I think we will get a full on Valkyrie Asgard killer angel.

They can explore two themes this way.

1) Cat/reptile. Yes, I happen to think her claws, helmets and tail apply to a repriles too.

2) Valkyr battleangel with Asgaardian featueres.

Anyway if DE do prime Valkyr and she dont be with tail, i will use new cat-skin anyway, no metter how beauty prime skin will be :) Its same as my Nyx prime and nemesis skin.

Pre-corpus Valkyr looks very good.

She looks like crap.

Valkyr is one of my favorite Warframes, and I'm not settling for a crap skin like that. Unless the final product will look quite different from the concept art, which I hope.

Look, just a google search wound up with far more interesting results for a pre-Corpus Valkyr:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/272/4/3/valkyr_lotus_by_gaber111-d810clz.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/329/4/b/valkyr_prime_by_gaber111-d87lwab.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/269/4/8/valkyr_plated1_by_gaber111-d80mohz.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/223/b/f/freya_valkyr_alt_concept2_by_gaber111-d7uomj4.jpg

There are times when I really wonder why the dev decides that some stuff should be new things instead of skins, and why some stuff are skin instead of new things...

Proto-Valkyr (temp name to denote Valkyr before her mutilation) would have been good material for a new frame (with different stats, passives and abilities), at least potentially more significantly different than some frame are from their prime counterparts.

Yes, I would like to see that in-game, but I really hesitate if it is just a (lore-inconsistent) skin.