Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Valkyr Skin

S3EK3R

I still fail to see how it's cat-like aside from the tail. I also fail to see how Valkyr is cat-like in general (Again, aside from Bastet, which is not exactly cat-like anyway)

I still fail to see how Chroma is dragon themed when it's just Rhino 2.0.

-Breathes elements

-Sheds its skin, and the skin becomes a dragon

-Has a pelt

-High armor

-Was influenced by dragons

Now let's look at Valkyr's cat features:

-Long nails

Not to mention Valkyr was not made to be a damn cat.

What?

Explain to me exactly how chroma is a copy of rhino.

I understand that your defending your stance that Valkyr is cat-like(which to me and the average player is not very apparent due to very few similarities outside of the info provided by DE of the bastet helmet and the claws) but there is absolutely no reason for you to talk down on other warframes.

-Breathes elements

-Sheds its skin, and the skin becomes a dragon

-Has a pelt

-High armor

-Was influenced by dragons

Now let's look at Valkyr's cat features:

-Long nails

Not to mention Valkyr was not made to be a damn cat.

When Valkyr debuted with Lecta:

Lecta was a tail while in Hysteria :Floaty Punch

Combined with Bastet (Cat helm) she looked feline

(Feminine cries also being related to cat-like cosplay....although Stretching) (Claws, cat helm, and tail (lecta/scoliac and now new skin) (Assume Atterax also makes tail in Hysteria)

If there was a Cat-themed WarFrame Valkyr fits the bill....more-so than Lobster Trinity...

I normally try to greatly avoid the Cat theme and was fully embracing the Corpus-theme.

Kara Helm w/Valkyr Bond's and Obex

But that new skin is Detron Sleek...buttery smooth....I'll deal with the tail

I would like Kara/Valkyr's Bonds variant in place of tail, but I'll male whatever comes work.

Going to be weirs with Hysteria's awkward energy spikes that emit from the Corpus Wrist restraints.... Unless DE will just Omit them entirely

EDIT: Looking at the bug where the immortal skin allows recoloring of the Corpus restraints....

I wonder If DE is going to add the Corpus Restraints to Valkyr's Bonds so that they could still be applied to the new Skin and future Valkyr Prime?!?

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Tone doesn't translate well through text but if that was meant to be passive aggressive, I actually do not see how Valkyr is a cat frame aside from Bastet, one of three helmet and an only vague cat-like helmet at that. And I don't really accept claws as a good reason because plenty of non-feline animals have claws too. Valkyr could easily be slothframe.

That's my headcanon now...

When Valkyr debuted with Lecta:

Lecta was a tail while in Hysteria :Floaty Punch

Combined with Bastet (Cat helm) she looked feline

(Feminine cries also being related to cat-like cosplay....although Stretching) (Claws, cat helm, and tail (lecta/scoliac and now new skin) (Assume Atterax also makes tail in Hysteria)

So a texture glitch and a helmet that looks nothing like cat, makes these primitives associate Valkyr with a cat? lol k.

So a texture glitch and a helmet that looks nothing like cat, makes these primitives associate Valkyr with a cat? lol k.

That helmet is called "Bastet": the Egyptian goddess of cats. It's definitely intended to be cat-like

Edited by SilentMobius

DE offically associated her with a cat and you can't do s*it about it. Even when she debuted it was obvious. Hate all you want. Whatever, according to you they are just primitives anyway. Why are you even playing this game? Regarding Chroma, he has some dragon like abilites but looks nothing like one (looks like Jar Jar Binks in armor and on drugs from Star Wars). See? I could nitpick on every Warframe. We all could.

Edited by Momo93

It looks like a predator with a tail.

Although I don't see the need for a tail, I can see how it brings everything in-line. It's got these large shoulders sticking out the back with what may be energy? Having it just drop off not even reaching the small of her back would look a-bit off, feel like something is missing. You see an example of this with the syandanas and how they usualy go down the calves to cover the whole back. Honestly I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Basically covering the whole of the back (in this case) looks better then covering a small amount of the back with the shoulders. The tail also explains why there is a plate on the small of toutured Valkyr's back.

Edited by Postal_pat

Many of her powers and aesthetics are based around her looking like a cat; she has claws on her hands and feet, the bastet helmet bears a striking resemblance to the silhouette of a cat with the elongated ears, and even her Corpus restraints represent a sort of collar around her neck. I think it's safe to assume that she has a sort of 'feral tiger resisting being turned domestic' vibe to her, or as I like to call it "a house cat". 

I can't imagine why that would be anything other than a tail. 

If nothing else, hopefully it's an attachment in the auxiliary slot so that people who dislike it can choose not to equip it. That said, it's totally a tail. 

Many of her powers and aesthetics are based around her looking like a cat; she has claws on her hands and feet, the bastet helmet bears a striking resemblance to the silhouette of a cat with the elongated ears, and even her Corpus restraints represent a sort of collar around her neck. I think it's safe to assume that she has a sort of 'feral tiger resisting being turned domestic' vibe to her, or as I like to call it "a house cat". 

Ya know what else has claws? Every other land mammal on the planet, if you grow your nails out, you have claws too! Does that make you, or a bear, or a sloth a cat? No. For the record, Bastet helm looks nothing like a cat, that looks like some kinda robot-alien thing.

No. If they make it into a steam sale item I'll never get it :(

create a steam account...

link your steam account to your warframe account.. and boom sorted sooner or later you will get the skin for erm i dunno! like 7p at best

hell phased vauban skins go pretty cheap now compared to when people had tons of them.. they where going for like £15+

rhino rubedo skin is at like 3p