Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Everyone Have To Do This!?

Cyborg-Rox

I know the feeling. I've had people in trade chat post something with a price, I messaged them saying I'd buy and was ignored. Now- maybe the message was old, maybe they found other business- I can excuse it. BUT NOPE. 2 min later, and every 2 min after, same message. I'm just being ignored. It infuriates me- it's bad business.

If the item is worth 120plat and you write 70?
then there is no option to ask you for 100plat, they just dont answer.

When I write with others on trade i always turn off the window, if they answer to me then it will show up again.

I do the same tihngs, write something if he dont interest he will not write to me.
If he will write no thanks, or Sorry but the price is too high for me. Then I'm just wasting time reading what he writed.

Just use to this, I call this quick trade and communication without words xD. NO ANSWER = NO INTEREST

That same is with Recruting. I wrtie INV. and guy dont answer and dont invite ok I know that its full already :/.
If he will answer me Sorry Full, I'm just wasting time.
Even more worst is when you are hosting something and 12 or mroe people want to Invite them, you invite 4 people and for the 8 rest you will write Sorry Full?
its just natural that its full when no answer.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

The thing is when I post I am WTB something and the person who is looking to sells is messages me asking how much, the first thing I say if how much do you want for it. I cannot read their mind nor do I know what items are always worth. I hate having to give an offer to the seller when clearly it states WTB (Willing to Buy) so it falls on the seller to drop the offer first and start the negotiations not the other way around.

In my case if they will not work with me then they loose out on more than just a quick sale because I always mention people I have traded with on my videos and it means extra business out the door for them. I also am not greedy and if I find a price reasonable I will accommodate even if it is a bit higher than average.

WTB means the seller should respond with a price IMO 

I don't see what is wrong with the person simply ignoring someone who gives a deliberately lower price. Why waste time playing someone else's game when you are the one trying to either buy or sell? If someone says the price they want to sell for you either say that is acceptable or not and go about your way; if you need the good and you want it, you pay the person's price or find someone cheaper.

I know the feeling. I've had people in trade chat post something with a price, I messaged them saying I'd buy and was ignored. Now- maybe the message was old, maybe they found other business- I can excuse it. BUT NOPE. 2 min later, and every 2 min after, same message. I'm just being ignored. It infuriates me- it's bad business.

You!

You messaged me about Paris Prime a few days ago!

I wasn't ignoring you, I crashed and wasn't up to getting back in game.  ;~;

there should be an actual trading post where you can list items , and contact for negotiations.

There is.  It's here on the forums, it's called "Trading Post"

I just use my profile to do my none emergent trades, works out okay for me.

I am guilty of this.  I normally sell stuff at a discount so it's more helping others out and less scumbag ripoff artist while spending less time trading. So when someone tries to haggle I get slightly annoyed at them and just close their tab and take someone else's offer.  But if they keep messaging me again I'll tell them no.

That is what happens when someone ignores you.

:o

I had always thought it does the:

"User is ignoring you."

Which I'd sometimes respond with when someone randomly messages me just to mess with them for a few seconds.

Being a long-term Team Fortress 2 trader, I'm used to negotiating prices. That's why this keeps annoying me so much!

Tag "willing to negotiate" on the end of your sales pitch?

Or make an account just for trading and name it "TheNegotiator"

I see WTS in Trade

I pm asking how much?

I get Reply-- Make offer..

I say how much?

User is ignoring you.

Umm I roflmpao @ this because I rarely bargain if Im looking to buy. Ill pay full price but they dont even give a price >->

Haha I had something similar xD. I was jsut asking one guy something and info about this user is ignoring you........  OK? :o

There is.  It's here on the forums, it's called "Trading Post"

I just use my profile to do my none emergent trades, works out okay for me.

well I mean they can just buy the item at the listed price without both people being online at the same time

I had this happen recently. I was wanting to buy a prime part, and I was flooded with more incoming chat than I could handle. Sadly, after all was said and done, there was one person to whom I had never replied.

Sorry guy or gal :(