Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes A Warframe Player A Veteran

(PSN)geraldy19

Mastery Rank says nothing about how good you are. All it indicates is how much time you were willing to sink into mastery fodder. I know players who have been playing for far shorter a time than I who already have every thing available to them maxed. I know players with far more playtime who are lower MR than me. 

The only way to figure out who good someone is is to assign them some task that you find difficult and see if they can complete it.

In my eyes, being a veteran is 65% about hours and only 35% about knowledge. I say this because if knowledge was most important, any veteran who decided to take a break shortly before a major reform would have their veteran status revoked.

Not entirely true. Although MR should be taken with a grain of salt, it nevertheless is the easiest way to measure someone's skill. MR is like age; you can be old but still ignorant, but if you are young you are probably still ignorant.

The size of their Beard of wisdom...

I'm disqualified right here.......... I trimmed by sideburns/muttonchops/Ewok cheeks :p

What makes a veteran a veteran?

Well they can copter and melee-fling like mad

200.gif

200.gif

They roll with a tough crowd

200.gif

200.gif

They're not afraid of the lime light

200.gif

They know how to take out the trash

200.gif

They know how to make the haters hate

200.gif

They know how to relax and keep their cool

200.gif

And they know that sometimes the classics are the best

200.gif

1) Copters?? I thought this was Warframe, not Heli Assault.

2) Careful flinging that.......

3) My mom will beat yer arse fer that..

4) Limes get all dried up if left in the sun too long.. not good fer Coronas

5) My trashman is here every Monday morning at 6;30am 

6) I dont hate the haters hating the Hate.

7) Relaxeddddwathepuckisrelaxediaintgottimeferthatbecausemyacbroke

8) Yeppers, Im a classic example of what Veterans are NOT

I'm disqualified right here.......... I trimmed by sideburns/muttonchops/Ewok cheeks :p

tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg

Anyone else remember the old supersized Grineer tilesets, like the big room with the 4 elevators side-by-side, or the huge straight up-and-down mining shaft room with a single central elevator that only went up half the way from the bottom, or the big Corpus capture room where the capture target had windows overlooking the entire place?

I miss those. DE, bring them back pls.

Edited by Haif

tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg

You aint seen me be salty yet yo........

Lol

Ok, granted that Veterans not necessarily equals the best players, but if after so many hours you are not even good, man, you are $&*&*#(%&... So I guess that a good arsenal, time, and yes, a decent level of skill are the best indicators. What good is doing something for long if you are no good at it?? Specially if it is a multiplayer game...

What makes a veteran a veteran?

Well they can copter and melee-fling like mad

200.gif

200.gif

They roll with a tough crowd

200.gif

200.gif

They're not afraid of the lime light

200.gif

They know how to take out the trash

200.gif

They know how to make the haters hate

200.gif

They know how to relax and keep their cool

200.gif

And they know that sometimes the classics are the best

200.gif

I hated that show, but excal's a great frame

"Veteran" doesn't exactly mean "skilled", off course, in reality that's pretty much always the case.

It simply means one has been around for a very long time. Not just registered a long time ago, but has actually been active.

If you have been around for just a few months and you're really good because you've put 1000+ hours into the game in that short time, you're not what I'd define as a veteran, but rather a very dedicated Tenno.

I have 29 days and some odd hrs/min/sec. of in game time, the only Warframes I don't have are Nyx Prime, Volt Prime and Nova Prime.  Excluding syndicate weapons, I've maxed out all melee weapons, all secondary weapons and half of the primaries.  Kubrows and Sentinels are all maxed, including Wyrm Prime.  I'm sitting on hundreds of thousands of resources and millions of credits, 10 thousand mods and participated in every event since Tethras Doom - am I a veteran?

Not entirely true. Although MR should be taken with a grain of salt, it nevertheless is the easiest way to measure someone's skill. MR is like age; you can be old but still ignorant, but if you are young you are probably still ignorant.

No, not even close. I could, if I wanted, make a new account and refuse to go beyond MR 4. Hell, I could make a new account and never take a mastery rank test. I'd still be just as skilled as I am now. Mastery Rank says nothing about a player's skill. All it tells you is how many mastery rank sources a player has grinded. Your mastery rank also says absolutely nothing about your account age or playtime for the same reason that it says nothing about skill.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

im throwing my 2c in. A vet needs hours played, its indicative of experience. They need to understand mechanics. How and why things work and interact. They need to know math, as stated before they need to know the ins and outs of the game. Generally, as a result of all this, they understand existing exploits and bugs. They generally have all content accessed and unlocked, or atleast ~90%.

otherwise they are just another player with alot of knowledge.

Until DE says something concrete or the player community can agree on a value for determining one's veteran status, it's all subjective and largely useless drivel. People get wound up too easily over the topic, and I don't see the point. My answer would be, if you can play the game without making everyone else's experience awful then you're a veteran.

Definition of a veteran: "a person who has had long experience in a particular field."

Skill means nothing in this game anyway so the time spent around is more or less sole gauge.

Time spent around which is required to be "veteran" changes over time and depends on your personal opinion though.

Personally I'd say anyone who's been regularly playing for an year or over is a veteran.

I'm so much a veteran I remember how much a pain in the ! Nervos was for my friends and I.

We'd spend half of our time screaming at each other through VoIP to shoot Nervos off of us.

Also, loyal Ember player since Q1 2013. :) (this is irrelevant but I thought I'd let everyone know how devoted I am to my flaming chicken <3)

Edited by Trowicia

Really, attempting to define what exactly is a veteran is completely arbitrary, and basically a debate about: "how many grains of sand do you need to turn a pile into a heap?"

And personally, I don't really care if someone is a veteran or not. If they're tolerable and can handle themselves in a mission decently, they'll be good in my books.