Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus: "chroma?!... No... It's Can't Be..." A Theory As To What That Means:

Morec0

Apparently you all choose not to read the ENTIRE contents of a post. Its ok its not my fault people only read what they want to see :)

You didn't take the pleasure to read the entire contents my post either.

MYTHICAL one. 

Here I'll just screenshot it.

551914f156.png

zooOOOOOOOoooM

12a1cd8ffc.png

moooOOOOOooorreee

308c50d464.png

Bringing whatever fairy tail you have to this argument is like people thinking the Illuminati conspiracies are true.

And the airborne lizards of old(during the actual era of dinosaurs) do not look like your stereotypical edgy dragon.

Oh but dragons, NON-MYTHICAL dragons are real.  They're called seahorses. Look up the Leafy Seadragon to learn more.  

And fun fact, Chroma's original helmet(Drac) resembles the seahorse. Since many of the warframes have features of real-life animals, Chroma's Drac helmet is very fitting indeed.

Can you disprove we didnt have dragons? Think for a min about what I wrote just above yours.What do Teryidactyls look like? Flying dragons.

Btw how many realworld myths revolve around Dragons in recorded history?

Saint George slew a Dragon did he not?

Goatgod do you SEE the word

M

Y

T

H

Guess not. I love how people assume.

Dont get mad at me because you chose NOT to see what was written..........

We are talking about a games Alternate reality version of Earths history.

Not trying to disprove or prove dragons existed in "our" reality..

M

Y

T

H

I read it.  Here you are assuming everyone around you isn't reading. Jerk.

No one is "mad" so stop it with the misuse of the word.  That's just annoying.

Whether or not it's a game or even a sequel(spiritual successor or whatever) of Dark Sector, it's based off a real Earth.  

Future stuff can go wild as far anyone cares.  The past, not so much, but as immolator said, the past of Warframe could still be a future in which a "Dragon" creature was made.  That is a possibility of a dragon's existence in the warframe universe.

Pterodactyl's look so little like dragons they'd have a 150+ megathread talking about how little their head's look like dragon heads.

I read it.  Here you are assuming everyone around you isn't reading. Jerk.

No one is "mad" so stop it with the misuse of the word.  That's just annoying.

Whether or not it's a game or even a sequel(spiritual successor or whatever) of Dark Sector, it's based off a real Earth.  

Future stuff can go wild as far anyone cares.  The past, not so much, but as immolator said, the past of Warframe could still be a future in which a "Dragon" creature was made.  That is a possibility of a dragon's existence in the warframe universe.

What theory?? Based of a lack of Pterodactyl helmet threads?? Look up all the alt drac helmet topics discussing "our" "perception" of what a dragon looks like. Then look at the Chroma/frame with Drac helm, side by side with a Chroma from the Dark Sector game. It was even linked by another person in this topic.....

Something you and Immolator both missed.

Oh, and the theory of the Orokin creating them...... yeah... how does that tie into why the Orokin even went to the Void in the first place?

It doesnt.......

(&#!)sumptions get you nowhere......

M

Y

T

H

So in Warframe's version of history, dragons existed, is what you're trying to say? What does this look like, Destiny?

Edit: Oh, I see, you think the pelt is a Dark Sector Chroma, which... isn't that bad of a theory. I mean, it could be true, but that still doesn't explain how whatever was controlling Chroma was controlling him - especially since the Lotus was pretty explicit it wasn't puppetted by Infested flesh.

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

So in Warframe's version of history, dragons existed, is what you're trying to say? What does this look like, Destiny?

I said Dragonlike based on the Chroma from Dark Sector.

Everyone else says they are Dragons..... I'm saying they are Aliens with a Dragonlike lizardman appearance.

I did say that earlier in another post describing speech and hearing translating to images in the mind.....

Well i been wondering about something and well it has bother me for long time.
I think the people who fought the sentient are specific individuals with powers that well maybe compare to us means nothing.
Like we have Original Orokin who went to the void and were twisted who were the 1st to wear the it(and i kind of want to put the people who the prime version talk about here)when we read about the void we find out the places that exist in the void are like laboratory or bunkers to run away to ,and then we have the corrupted mod that are mods that have been altered by the neural sentry.So just taking a guess after a while of research in the Void prime things came to be.
Then we have Prime warframe experiment maybe to be as close to the original warframe idea using the Void originated technology(a place were our science and reason failed) and giving improvement so that they could work better in the void this allowed for upgrade in the original tenno.

then we have normal warframe which is the mass produce armor for the tenno that why we see those text written on them and not the prime frames.

i kind of saying this cause all the Prime version sound like they were one specific person.now i know nova is an exception
But in the limbo theorem we find out that limbo warframe was lost a long time ago cause something limbo did and they refer to limbo as if he was one person.The mirage if their was more then one mirage why would Lotus care,as well as chroma what if their are orginal warframe which resemble our own normal one ,but then we have prime which are the update more powerfull one,and then we have our normal one which were mass produced.

Now when we look at Chroma

This is Chroma, an ancient legend, master of the elements.
When all the land is in ruins, Tenno, only Chroma will remain.

–Lotus

An ancient legend
when all the land is in ruins,tenno only chroma remains

just of that i suggest that Chroma was probably the last original tenno to and was the last one at the end of the war.You don't become a Legend if you if time has not happend and your not something great.I don;t think other tenno have this description and well Chroma does not have marking i can see on him and we make him out of the clues,remains,study,and scanning of the chroma we follow and bait out.

Now i kind think that all other tenno or to be precise the tenno we are now we are all clones of some sort put in cry sleep without memory of what happens because we have no memory.we cannot remember because the memory we do have are implanted and after the long time and disruption of the cryo sleep as we see in the tutorial  and lotus does not share anything with us cause she know we are not the original one and that we were made for one job to keep balance to the system.(fighitng whatever threatens the people and the tenno creed)

If we give that all that i say is true it would make sense that one Lotus would react as such cause Chroma was the last of the original warframe the reason.
and well just like the infested share feature with Nekros and Saryn design it could be the same with chroma.
The Chroma just matches the color the Sentient machine look just because.Infested come in different color,and so do grineer and corpus who to say their won't be different color sentient

and just to trow this out their the UPDATE IS CALL TOMB OF THE SENTIENT
a tomb is were the dead are kept what we could be fighting is Sentient technology that work like the Neural sentry design the Orokin use after all the sentient used alot of the technology the OROKIN had against them and well Neural Sentry i believe migth not be an exception. Athought in this case i am kind of seeing one step further not just taking over the mind of their enemy,but making your own soldiers that you can use to fight.And i always saw the Sentient as being a machine that went mad and decided to kill its inventors and cause well it has access to all the inventor creation it took over them and as the more the inventors made to stop them the more he grew until well it was time for a new approach. 
Edited by Leavith

What I originnaly thought, is that the frame itself has no name, but the Pelt does, hence the Chroma Frame, where its simply just a frame.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

I sew the resemblance with this. But "Dark Sector is not canon", so they say.

I'll Copy Paste the comment I've made in an other topic

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/449896-casual-observationdragons-were-a-bit-smallish-werent-they/page-3#entry5006540

:

In my opinion,  Chroma's pelt have nothing to do with Sentients.

For me , it's a link to the Dark Sector's Game. Let me explain.

DE Start to integrate some elements of Dark Sector in Warframe, Proto Excal, Proto Glaive, Nyx Nemesis.

Megan Stated that Dark Sector and Warframe ARE linked, we just dont know to which level, but it's probably that dark sector is a moment in a looooooong past

=> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

In Dark Sector there's an enemy called Chroma, the only similarities are in the name.

=>

1430391679-288388-full.jpg

We know that Drac helmet was originally the main head of Chroma, but the community complained like they always do and DE changed the order of his helmets . But there's an enemy in Dark Sector, Called "Stalker" that share a stunning ressemblance on the head.

=>

1430391678-b0fj493.jpg  1430391678-587896.jpg

IF Dark Sector is a period of the past from Warframe, that could explain the "From a race long forgotten."

I think the link people make between Chroma and Sentients are due to the close time that DE took to show them.

I dont say my opinion is the only and the true one, but it's how I see it. I hope I explained it well.

Keep Fighting Fellow Tenno !

Chroma's 3rd helmet looks a lot like the arcane device in the stolen dreams quest, with two of the devices mirrored and placed next to each other to form a "skull". I don't know, just a thought. There is a picture of the "skull" that gets formed somewhere, I am on my phone so I can't upload it now.

:

In my opinion, Chroma's pelt have nothing to do with Sentients.

DE Start to integrate some elements of Dark Sector in Warframe, Proto Excal, Proto Glaive, Nyx Nemesis.

Megan Stated that Dark Sector and Warframe ARE linked, we just dont know to which level, but it's probably that dark sector is a moment in a looooooong past

=> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

In Dark Sector there's an enemy called Chroma, the only similarities are in the name.

=>

We know that Drac helmet was originally the main head of Chroma, but the community complained like they always do and DE changed the order of his helmets . But there's an enemy in Dark Sector, Called "Stalker" that share a stunning ressemblance on the head.

=>

1430391678-b0fj493.jpg 1430391678-587896.jpg

IF Dark Sector is a period of the past from Warframe, that could explain the "From a race long forgotten."

I think the link people make between Chroma and Sentients are due to the close time that DE took to show them.

I dont say my opinion is the only and the true one, but it's how I see it. I hope I explained it well.

Exactly how i see it. But i am on mobile version due to not being around my PC.

Well, out from the comparison of Sentient body to Chroma pelt, it is all headcanon - though I do think the Sentient ability to control the melted, broken body of their the Chroma in The New Strange wears is the reason we encounter it like we do.

As I said before, this sound ridiculous.

What I originnaly thought, is that the frame itself has no name, but the Pelt does, hence the Chroma Frame, where its simply just a frame.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

I sew the resemblance with this. But "Dark Sector is not canon", so they say.

This seems to be a more believable connection.  Also what is placed below...

:

In my opinion,  Chroma's pelt have nothing to do with Sentients.

=>

=>

1430391678-b0fj493.jpg  1430391678-587896.jpg

...also seems to be a more believable connection.

As I said before, this sound ridiculous.

This seems to be a more believable connection.  Also what is placed below...

...also seems to be a more believable connection.

And I continue to draw issue with this due to the fact the Infested are still around - that type of Infested? No, but we also have nothing to suggest that type of creature would have been around - let alone to the point where a Warframe would have been able to fight against it. Meanwhile the Anti Moa Synthesis tells us of a "plague" that came after the Orokin Era (which, given the context of the Eviscerator lore that followed, seems to have very likely been of the Infested) that was remembered will into the post-Orokin times. Even more attributing to the fact that the Infested were NOT forgotten.

And with that in mind, how do the Sentients gain control (as it seems to be heavily implied that is the case) over such Infested flesh as that? The Tenno were supposed to be the big weakness to them, the thing they could not turn against the Orokin - along with the weapons of the old ways. Did they learn how to control Infested flesh? Warframes? Doesn't that just mean they'll wash over us?

And then there's the whole issue of Dark Sector's canonicity as well - of the 4/10ths, is this creature really one of those things that is still a holdover? But that's the most minor of problems at this point.

We'll wait to see, but I am VERY certain of this theory.

Regardless, I've made edits to the images to illustrate what I'm seeing.

And I continue to draw issue with this due to the fact the Infested are still around - that type of Infested? No, but we also have nothing to suggest that type of creature would have been around - let alone to the point where a Warframe would have been able to fight against it. Meanwhile the Anti Moa Synthesis tells us of a "plague" that came after the Orokin Era (which, given the context of the Eviscerator lore that followed, seems to have very likely been of the Infested) that was remembered will into the post-Orokin times. Even more attributing to the fact that the Infested were NOT forgotten.

And with that in mind, how do the Sentients gain control (as it seems to be heavily implied that is the case) over such Infested flesh as that? The Tenno were supposed to be the big weakness to them, the thing they could not turn against the Orokin - along with the weapons of the old ways. Did they learn how to control Infested flesh? Warframes? Doesn't that just mean they'll wash over us?

And then there's the whole issue of Dark Sector's canonicity as well - of the 4/10ths, is this creature really one of those things that is still a holdover? But that's the most minor of problems at this point.

We'll wait to see, but I am VERY certain of this theory.

Regardless, I've made edits to the images to illustrate what I'm seeing.

I'm only going to take into account this quote "NOT forgotten."

Sentients are NOT forgotten.

Infested are NOT forgotten.

So it could not be these two.

That means that what ever was used to make Chroma's pelt, no one knows it or anything about it.  It was forgotten.  At least that is my assumption.

My conclusion to this is as follows.  No one, not even the players of this game knows the answer.  None of us will ever know until DE gives us certain confirmation on what this "forgotten" being is... or was.  Until then, I will be truthful to others and myself by saying, "I don't know."

This is why I'm not convinced by your speculations, because you don't know either.

However, I am sure you are having fun trying to figure it out, and I'm honestly not trying to take that from you.  I'm just simply not convinced.  That's all I'm saying about this.

I'm only going to take into account this quote "NOT forgotten."

Sentients are NOT forgotten.

Infested are NOT forgotten.

So it could not be these two.

That means that what ever was used to make Chroma's pelt, no one knows it or anything about it.  It was forgotten.  At least that is my assumption.

My conclusion to this is as follows.  No one, not even the players of this game knows the answer.  None of us will ever know until DE gives us certain confirmation on what this "forgotten" being is... or was.  Until then, I will be truthful to others and myself by saying, "I don't know."

This is why I'm not convinced by your speculations, because you don't know either.

However, I am sure you are having fun trying to figure it out, and I'm honestly not trying to take that from you.  I'm just simply not convinced.  That's all I'm saying about this.

The Infested were well known even after the Orokin fell - Anti Moa Lore - but the Sentients? The only clues we've ever gotten to them are from people who lived EXACTLY in that time period - Lotus, Teshin - and from the lore codexes.

For everyone else? Forgotten - FAR more forgotten than the Infested could ever even be extrapolated to be. I say they fit the bill nicely.

• 6 months later...

It is possible that Chroma's pelt is BOTH that of a Sentients and of the Dark Sector Chroma enemy.

Here is my reasoning;

We know that the DS Chroma enemy was created by the Technocyte virus, something which created organic metals.

It is likely that the Orokin used the Technocyte virus, a 'tamed' version, at that, to build things other than the Warframes.

The Sentients may be on that list.

Viruses, like anything genetic, can contain what would now be ancient strands of genetic code, albeit fragmented.

The Sentients act as a hive, allowing for them to piece this code back together.

This may also be how they attained the shape they have.

Also, to answer the question of "How can the Sentients control Chroma through the pelt, when it doesn't have a core?"

We know through The Second Dream that any part of a Sentient can act as it's own being, provided it has a core.

In order for the pelt to be able to act as a sentry turret of sorts, it needs a core of some kind.

Well, out from the comparison of Sentient body to Chroma pelt, it is all headcanon - though I do think the Sentient ability to control the melted, broken body of their the Chroma in The New Strange wears is the reason we encounter it like we do.

Here is my "Subject to change the moment something becomes more likely" headcanon. (Second dream spoilers ahoy)

1. The Liset we use was _very_ old when we found it in the intro. Suggesting the design dates back to the Old War

2. The Orbiter seems to be paired, indicating it too dated back to the Old War

3. All suggesting that the Transference Chair _also_ dates back to the old War.

4. What if the Tenno on the Moon were the Lotus-rescued-Tenno-with-Warframes-in-cryo _only_. Tenno on the front lines of the Old War were operating from Orbiters.

5. If thats true then The last Chroma could have died when the Operator was killed, not the Warframe destroyed.

6. The Lotus might think seeing an active Chroma might mean their operator could be alive

7. She might worry that a Tenno who has been awake this long might also have gone full-stalker. Hence her surprise and worry

8. If the Operator dies the Warframe would most likely just drop inert

9. Chroma is possibly the only Warframe using Sentient tech, possibly normally immune to Sentient control because of the Tenno's Void energy

10. When the Warframe loses that energy the Sentients could maybe puppet the Warframe.

11. The New Strange is, IMHO, about Hunhow sending his fragments (In this case an empty Chroma) to find the Tenno, instead finding the Arcane Codex which leads to the Arcane Device which may have been an Orokin "radio scanner" for Sentient "comms" Hence the Sentient controlled Chroma tries to destroy it.

IMHO this also provides an explanation as to why the Stalker wasn't in the reservoir, or put in cryo. He was deployed at the time of rebellion and remained in his landing craft's orbiter, asleep. This also explains why the Stalker was surprised at the end of the Second Dream, it's easy to disbelieve one sleeping corpse in the back of your ship. It's harder to disbelieve it when they get up and demonstrate driving the Warframes.

I don't think that DE would ever single out a single Warframe we already have and mess with it in-the-plot. Hence I don't think that a Tenno-controlled Chroma is under any above-normal threat from the Sentients however.

Edited by SilentMobius