Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4: Tubemen Of Regor (16.5.9 - 16.7.2 +Hotfixes)

[DE]Drew

So I have a strange bug trying to download update, it prepares the download, when it gets to 23% or 24% is restarts back to 0% then after 3 attempts (23/24 to 0) it gives up and says cannot download

Never mind it was indeed a bug, it eventually said I had ran out of space on my ps4, even though I had 76gb free space, just deleted Battlefield 4 (66gb in total) and worked fine, weird that it was saying no space available even though I had 76gb free

Edited by (PS4)KJamz

Nice! It'll be nice to pick up something other than a Forma BP in those Defenses. More Ducats!

On another note: Do do some of my fellow PS4 Tenno actually look into the other platform posts? The Excal rework comes in it's own update (it was 16.9 for PC) if the PC Update section's listing is a plausible frame of reference. There was some things that needed ironing out before we get it. Next update should be shipped off for cert soon if not already.

Nice! It'll be nice to pick up something other than a Forma BP in those Defenses. More Ducats!

On another note: Do do some of my fellow PS4 Tenno actually look into the other platform posts? The Excal rework comes in it's own update (it was 16.9 for PC) if the PC Update section's listing is a plausible frame of reference. There was some things that needed ironing out before we get it. Next update should be shipped off for cert soon if not already.

You know it was Drew who said it could be bundled with 17 right ?

Not to single you out, but you give a good example of an attitude that is kinda starting to piss me off. It's been said before, and will be said again, it'll happen when it happens.

Look at it from DE's end. This is not just a simple data swap like the cycle c forma. With that, all it takes is a simple bit of info from the server saying "when you load cycle c rewards, f=10 rather than f=20" or whatever the variable and value actually are. Heck, stuff like that is kept server side anyway to prevent cheating. The excal rework involves brand new data files. Lots of them. And they have to be client side. Wireframe and animations, particle effects, lighting effects and dozens of things I'd probably never even think of. It requires a complete overhaul of the entire excal "file". Which we'll have to download.

Point is, the excal rework is large. Between it's size and the fact that it is technically " new" content, it may just have hit critical mass and require cert. Cert is a pain in the butt for all involved. So much so, that DE basically snuck ash prime in on the last update (6 weeks ago?) and used a hotfix to make the drop chance non-zero when prime access went live. That's how much the process sucks. Can you blame DE for not wanting to go through that more often than necessary?

Anyway, even if I am wrong about it's size and certiness (not a programer, here), it still boils down to two scenarios. Either

A) u17 is close, and we get excal and u17 at the same time in a couple of weeks,

Or

B) U17 is not close, and they give us excal rework and the other stuff in order to keep us apeased while they slave away.

Either way, it shouldn't be terribly long before we get it. Chill out, everyone.

couple of weeks lmfao. Considering U17 isn't even out we gotta wait for PC to get a newer 17 update bug fixes and new weapons etc then we get ours if Sony find the build acceptable and gets through cert...that ain't weeks from now that's months that's why people are pissed off. We been here before.

You know it was Drew who said it could be bundled with 17 right ?

Hm. Must've missed that post. I was speaking more about people wanting the Excal rework in this fix of all things. Being behind does give us a chance to have things cleaned up and put into a nicer packaging.

couple of weeks lmfao. Considering U17 isn't even out we gotta wait for PC to get a newer 17 update bug fixes and new weapons etc then we get ours if Sony find the build acceptable and gets through cert...that ain't weeks from now that's months that's why people are pissed off. We been here before.

Aaaaaand once again, people don't bother to friken read.

So, we have to wait for pc to get it and take a bunch of time to work out bugs. And it HAS to come with U17. And it will takes MONTHS. And we've done this before. Let's take the points in no particular order.

No, we haven't done this before. Every other time, pc has been weeks to months ahead of us in terms of content. Right now, as I have said many times before in this thread, they don't have that much more than we do. Excal rework and skins, ormolo skins and a syandana, a single weapon and a tactical alert are all that separate us from the pc master race. Compare to the the last update, which closed the gap by two(2) events, several tactical alerts and... A metric boatload of other stuff? We're closer to the pc version than we have ever been. In terms of "stuff to do", we're maybe a couple of hours of gameplay behind them. This is uncharted territory. I can see a couple of different ways it could affect DE's strategy for console updates. Point is though, they've never been in quite this position, having to release something NEW to the consoles. How exactly are they gonna deal with it.

Aaand all that's beside my original point. Your first point, we have to wait months for it after the pc gets it. Well, I was talking about the excel rework, not U17 specifically, and they've had it since 16.9, which was released a month ago, yesterday. They already had time to bugfix. Soooo....

Point three and four. It has to come with u17 (implied) and it'll take months (explicit). The first is refuted by several posters between you comment and my response. [DE]Drew says it MAY come with u17.

Now, i'm assuming a basic level of competence on the part of DE staff. Some may not agree, but then why are they playing the game and waiting for updates? Presumably, DE keeps a finger on the pulse of the community. They do have a community coordinator, after all, and that's and important part of the job. So they kinda have to know by now how much we want the excal rework (which is what I was talking about). We've only posted about a bajillion times saying "excal rework. NOW." With about that much tact and courtesy. Being a business that wants to keep customers and make money, they have basically two possibilities here. Since you obviously didn't read them in my previous post, I will repeat them in the (probably vain) hope that you will read more carefully this time.

In regard to the Excalibur rework, either:

A) U17 is close, and they will be bundled together, in which case we get it soonish

-OR-

B) U17 is not close, and they release excal as a mini update to appease us while they finish it off. In which case we get it soonish.

Either way, excal rework will be relatively soon. NOT YEARS, as was suggested by the post I was originally responding to.

Edit: clarity. Friggen auto correct...

Edited by (PS4)Kosis181

Drew didn't say removed. He said reduced frequency of drops.

That's exactly the problem though. Reducing the drop rates for forma (which shouldn't even be in T3 and T4 in the first place) is pretty redundant if they're just going to dilute the T3D rotation C with two more useless prime parts. It really just makes it even harder to get rare parts. If they just removed forma all together from T3/T4 without diluting it with more prime parts, I think that'd help a lot more. Hopefully things will change for the better when the new starchart layout is released.

Pretty sure the "years" comment was just sarcasm.

Sure. No argument from me. What gets my goat is that other people are revising the original "year" UPWARDS. They are exaggerating an already ridiculously exaggerated ETA. 2 years? That's almost as long as the game has been out.

The other thing that ticked me off about the original comment is that it exemplified an attitude I really find irritating, the "I want it now, and I don't care that it's already been explained that we'll get it soon." It has been explained, repeatedly, even just a couple of pages ago, that excal is probably only a couple of weeks away. But people still don't bother to see if the question has already been answered. And, as a result, make dumb comments. 2 years? That's longer than the ps4 has been on the market.

Let's get some perspective, people.

Edit: okay, maybe I can argue the point. This is the internet, after all, and there are a lot of really stupid people in here. Still, I like to presume sarcasm rather than idiocy.

Edited by (PS4)Kosis181

Sure. No argument from me. What gets my goat is that other people are revising the original "year" UPWARDS. They are exaggerating an already ridiculously exaggerated ETA. 2 years? That's almost as long as the game has been out.

The other thing that ticked me off about the original comment is that it exemplified an attitude I really find irritating, the "I want it now, and I don't care that it's already been explained that we'll get it soon." It has been explained, repeatedly, even just a couple of pages ago, that excal is probably only a couple of weeks away. But people still don't bother to see if the question has already been answered. And, as a result, make dumb comments. 2 years? That's longer than the ps4 has been on the market.

Let's get some perspective, people.

Wow again...ok. Im pretty sure that everyone who has said 2 years was being sarcastic Edited by (PS4)LA_10599

Wow again...ok. Im pretty sure that everyone who has said 2 years was being sarcastic

Well, the two years probably was sarcasm, and the one year was certainly exaggeration. Still...

Eh, maybe I need to step back. Get some perspective myself. Just...seeing people ask the same damn question over and over, even if it was literally JUST answered...

I'm gonna let it sit. See everyone next update. I look forward to vindication on the excel timing, though.

Eh, maybe I need to step back. Get some perspective myself. Just...seeing people ask the same damn question over and over, even if it was literally JUST answered...

Yeah, sounds like. You're taking a sarcastic comment, regardless of the fact that it's the attitude of some people, way too seriously.

I don't understand why can't they give us an estimate on the release date, I understand the long period wait, but I hate being in the dark about these things. If the staff managing PS4 updates know what they're doing there should be no problem giving a date, even then if there are some complications I'm not aware of,from PS4 being difficult to the whole update being buggy there should be some sign of progression being announced for us.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Warframe is a rich fruitful game, but becomes a bare boned desert after a while, updates keep its simple elements fresh and alive, and when date descriptions such as "soon" as well as "Later" makes it no different from a 200 year old legend that "may come" true. 

Well, the two years probably was sarcasm, and the one year was certainly exaggeration. Still...

-snip-

Of course I mean't it in a sarcastic dialect. We know that it's not going to take two freaking years for the excal's rework to hit consoles.

The guy asked how many years is it going to take, and I gave an answer. He asked a sarcastic question and I gave a sarcastic answer....

So please take a chill pill...

I don't understand why can't they give us an estimate on the release date, I understand the long period wait, but I hate being in the dark about these things. If the staff managing PS4 updates know what they're doing there should be no problem giving a date, even then if there are some complications I'm not aware of,from PS4 being difficult to the whole update being buggy there should be some sign of progression being announced for us.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Warframe is a rich fruitful game, but becomes a bare boned desert after a while, updates keep its simple elements fresh and alive, and when date descriptions such as "soon" as well as "Later" makes it no different from a 200 year old legend that "may come" true. 

Because they don't know yet themselves? lol

I mean they still have to release u17 on PC first, and then our next build will come afterward.

Am I the only one suffering from being stuck after I complete a mission? Because I thought I could just power through it, but I just did a really difficult mission and I was really happy when I got to extraction. But then after I look from my phone I find myself lying on the ground frozen. PLEASE fix.

I know the DEs are trying their best, but I have this to say:

Okay, so you fix/stabilize T3 Defense. That's great (not being sarcastic; what about T4 Defense?). Now, what seriously needs to be fixed/stabilized is the survivals.

Yes, there are still some preformance issues. 4 out of 5 times a player's game will crash during a survival (mostly past rotation C).

Plus, the drop tables on survivals are ridiculous. My friends and I have played many survivals and not even once have we gotten Ash Prime Systems and/or Nova Prime Systems. Instead of these items we get mostly Forma and/or other items. Suggesting (for the most part, my opinion) that the drop rate of Forma on rotation C be decreased, and the Ash Prime Systems and/or Nova Prime Systems be increased, because this is ridiculous.

So, recap: Fix the drop tables and fix the crashing problem.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just sick and tired of farming for one thing a million times and never getting the thing I want. Again, I apologize if this sounds rude.

Edited by (PS4)Agonizin_Death

Not to single you out, but you give a good example of an attitude that is kinda starting to piss me off. It's been said before, and will be said again, it'll happen when it happens.

Look at it from DE's end. This is not just a simple data swap like the cycle c forma. With that, all it takes is a simple bit of info from the server saying "when you load cycle c rewards, f=10 rather than f=20" or whatever the variable and value actually are. Heck, stuff like that is kept server side anyway to prevent cheating. The excal rework involves brand new data files. Lots of them. And they have to be client side. Wireframe and animations, particle effects, lighting effects and dozens of things I'd probably never even think of. It requires a complete overhaul of the entire excal "file". Which we'll have to download.

Point is, the excal rework is large. Between it's size and the fact that it is technically " new" content, it may just have hit critical mass and require cert. Cert is a pain in the butt for all involved. So much so, that DE basically snuck ash prime in on the last update (6 weeks ago?) and used a hotfix to make the drop chance non-zero when prime access went live. That's how much the process sucks. Can you blame DE for not wanting to go through that more often than necessary?

Anyway, even if I am wrong about it's size and certiness (not a programer, here), it still boils down to two scenarios. Either

A) u17 is close, and we get excal and u17 at the same time in a couple of weeks,

Or

B) U17 is not close, and they give us excal rework and the other stuff in order to keep us apeased while they slave away.

Either way, it shouldn't be terribly long before we get it. Chill out, everyone.

I was just being sarcastic about the ´´years`` , but I just said that because while DE could just release an exclusive updatefor excalibur like they did on pc , DE decided to bundle It with U17 with will take months to arrive on consoles.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by (PS4)Blackshotzxz