Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Ancient Synthesis Lore Is Out

Kaokasalis

Sex was not clear unless you can give me a precise line cause I don't see one. Could be fraternal not identical.

Well given the clone/genetic nature of the Orokin castes, it's highly likely that they are monozygotic twins. Edited by Gelkor

I'll analyze this further later, but here's generally what I'm getting from all of this:

More proof the Orokin used cloning for a wide variety of sub-races, not just the Grineer - potentially themselves as well.

A new group - the Lorists - that were designed to interface with some kind of technology, most likely Lotus is one of these as she too can interface with something (that "throne" we see).

The Lorist is able to focus and direct energy that heals and restores life, again suggesting the Orokin heavily worked with the Oro as well; and without any strong indication of these characters being exposed to the Void, it seems as though that energy was transferable.

As for the nature of the Infested, with this I do agree it seems the Infested transfer consciousness from one body to another. I suppose this explains how Phorid keeps showing up, and I guess this means the Infested are indeed self-centered beings rather than my "drops in a puddle" analogy, though it seems the overreaching will to "consume, adapt, evolve" takes over them after Infestation has commenced.

More unclear nature of whether the Tenno released the Infested on the Orokin or if they were just a side effect of them turning on them.

What I want to know most: what is a Dax?

I also have a feeling that a pair of Lorists could have also taken reigns of the fledgling Grineer empire and become the Twin Queens, having constantly healed themselves and maybe a few very high ranking officers could be an alternative reason for how Kela de Thaym, Tyl Regor and others always live.

Additionally about ancients. Since we now know how ancient healers came to existence, does this also imply that the disruptor and toxic ancients also were created in a similar manner? Some special Orokin unit with the ability to sap shields and energy from their target/toxify enemies was eventually converted into an infested ancient?

I also think the reason they are ancients is because they were the first type of infested around, just not as much as we thought. The infested we see today are all pretty much deformed Corpus and Grineer, with the exception of ancients, and recently the brood mothers and boilers.

A title bestowed upon individuals living under an ironclad code of honor, probably akin to  titles like "Knight" or "Samurai". Perhaps it was reserved for those who were not Orokin, but served as their most loyal warriors and/or bodyguards. Seems like Tenno lived under similar(if not the same) code of honor, but were notorious for never breaking it until their betrayal. Also, if Tenno already wiped out the Orokin, it would explain why the Dax was retired and would make the whole betrayal a very recent history for those characters. It would also mean that Tenno did not go to sleep immediatelly after wiping out the Orokin because they are still running around and that something happened later that led them to that decision.

Edited by -skimmer-

I also have a feeling that a pair of Lorists could have also taken reigns of the fledgling Grineer empire and become the Twin Queens, having constantly healed themselves and maybe a few very high ranking officers could be an alternative reason for how Kela de Thaym, Tyl Regor and others always live.

Additionally about ancients. Since we now know how ancient healers came to existence, does this also imply that the disruptor and toxic ancients also were created in a similar manner? Some special Orokin unit with the ability to sap shields and energy from their target/toxify enemies was eventually converted into an infested ancient?

I also think the reason they are ancients is because they were the first type of infested around, just not as much as we thought. The infested we see today are all pretty much deformed Corpus and Grineer, with the exception of ancients, and recently the brood mothers and boilers.

Hmm, possibly. I lean more towards that being game mechanics still, but we'll let Regor's rework be the judge of that. We'll see what happens with him, and then that will provide a rather conclusive answer - though how Ruk's absence hasn't done that yet, I have no idea.

And this is a possibility, though attempting to figure out what role these units would have served will prove difficult - imo. These are HEAVILY offensive roles and when the base of the Orokin defensive force seems to have been Corrupted. But I suppose we'll find out in due time.

Something that also just hit me: this definitively suggests that the Tenno did NOT go into cryosleep RIGHT after killing the Orokin, they lingered for a bit more, apparently to help clean up the Infestation - another note that suggests they did NOT release it, but it began to spread by other means (possibly Orokin attempting to use it to stop the Tenno, or an accident during the purge).

A title bestowed upon individuals living under an ironclad code of honor, probably akin to  titles like "Knight" or "Samurai". Perhaps it was reserved for those who were not Orokin, but served as their most loyal warriors and/or bodyguards. Seems like Tenno lived under similar(if not the same) code of honor, but were notorious for never breaking it until their betrayal. Also, if Tenno already wiped out the Orokin, it would explain why the Dax was retired.

Could the Dax have been the "low Guardians" to which Stalker belonged, then? Maybe Teshin?

Also: what's the new target?

Something that also just hit me: this definitively suggests that the Tenno did NOT go into cryosleep RIGHT after killing the Orokin, they lingered for a bit more, apparently to help clean up the Infestation - another note that suggests they did NOT release it, but it began to spread by other means (possibly Orokin attempting to use it to stop the Tenno, or an accident during the purge).

It's also possible that not all Tenno went into cryosleep. They rebelled against one set of masters, why not against another? If the Lotus commanded them to go into cryosleep, surely some would have resisted. Perhaps some didn't see a point to killing the Orokin leaders, or were opposed to it. Maybe some felt guilty about what their brethren had done and decided to stay awake, helping out where they could like some sort of vigilantes.

As far as the release of the Infestation goes, it could have been an opportunist trying to make a power play after the assassination of the Orokin leaders. Or perhaps there was a critical systems failure that went unnoticed in the chaos (because if the leader of an empire dies, there's almost guaranteed going to be chaos) that led to the Infestation getting out by accident and quickly getting out of hand.

Well every access to the void was closed off. By the looks of the Grineer excavation in first cut scene I'd say most of the knowledge of the void had been lost. I'd say that was more our doing then father time's doing. Have a look at the solar system we practically rid/hid void technology from the entire solar system, that probably wasn't achieved in the first extermination attack on the orokin.

Another thing to notice is how we wake when the factions start using void tech. Lotus really doesn't want anyone touching the void.

However if we did actually did kill and sleep That would mean this is possibly a low gurdian or someone with warframe knowledge, both?

Edited by Postal_pat

And this is a possibility, though attempting to figure out what role these units would have served will prove difficult - imo. These are HEAVILY offensive roles and when the base of the Orokin defensive force seems to have been Corrupted. But I suppose we'll find out in due time.

Sometimes a good defense is a great offense, but I suppose you have a point.

Also: what's the new target?

Next target is still 10+ hours away, I'm hoping more Corpus/Infested enemies

I think it's either a rank, or something like a Marine/Ranger for the Orokin.

If you replaced Dax with sergeant/marine.

"You want to go back to retirement Menz, or are you still a Dax"

"You want to go back to retirement Menz, or are you still a sergeant" I guess this one makes no sense though

"You want to go back to retirement Menz, or are you still a marine"

"she´s dead," said Dax Menz, growing impatient.

"she´s dead," said Sergeant Menz, growing impatient.

"she´s dead," said Marine Menz, growing impatient. I guess this one makes no sense though

Dax could also be a merging of those words or just something competely different.

Or a name.

Maybe Trinity is the upgraded version of Lorists. It is known that the warframe armor amplify the power of its owner. Consider that Lorist's power are come from the void. Remember the ember prime entry? Maybe one of the children became the Lorists and get cloned by the orokin. And some of them became Trinity.

Edited by victor_victory

So again the timeline gets smaller. This is annoying. And I think I know why. Tenshin, Simaris and Ordis tell us we have been lied to.

What if time is a lie? Things start to fall apart with what we allready know.

Eons old settlements on Mars. EONS? Ok then we might as well consider the Sentients a precursor race who left our solarsystem millennia ago.

The pelt on Chroma? A trophy from a forgotten race.

The Godspeak of Creation.

What are you up to Steve?

The most interesting parts here are the Lorists who are clearly Mages who uses voidpower in offence, defence or as healers.

They are not human and feared by normals. But what REALLY is interesting is this.

"If you were a tenno it would be different."

"The betrayers?"

To me this translates into an old Guardian who have been away. A Dax. And a Lorian who have worked with the tenno.

This is very strange. It allso imply that a Tenno is a class, not a.wearer of a warframe. Why do I say this? The narrator do not know for a fact that a Tenno saved her.

She sees a Prime that is probably Excalibur, I hoped it would be Trinity Prime and be a planted spoiler for her release.

"If you were a Tenno, you would not hesitate." She says.

Maby this refers to the Code. But Dax allready calls them Betrayers, and this feel like the Orokin Empire is not dead yet because of the moas.

Remember the old line:

"Why do you kill us? We are your flesh?"

Tenno. Lorist. Infested.

Infested and Tenno come from the same pool after all?

And the Tenno were arpound very long after the Betrayal it seems.

And she was rescued by a tenno. Awwwwww <3

"I opened my eyes only to be blinded by an intense flash, followed by a crash, like a thousand crystal goblets all being shattered at once."

"I saw something run away, a streak of silver and gold. It shot straight up the cavern wall and out into the sunshine above."

Which warframe and power is that? Excalibur Prime? o.o

More proof the Orokin used cloning for a wide variety of sub-races, not just the Grineer - potentially themselves as well.

And they all considered themselves part of the Empire, yet none were considered Orokin. I'm seeing more suggestions that I may have been right about a very limited Orokin populous supported by a vassal humanity. Guardians, Lorists, Grineer. The interesting part is the engineering.

I'm beginning to wonder if Avantus was the only Orokin in the Arid Evicerator entry, with the rest being non-Orokin, bred for a task.

I wonder if being part of an Orokin "Corpus" even extended to the clones bred specifically for a task, the way a Victorian "household" would include the servant staff as well as the actual family being served.

IMHO Dax is either a clone type (A Warrior/Guardian) or a rank like "Executor" 

I suggested this a while back ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202045-what-defines-the-orokin-and-what-rougly-did-they-look-like/?p=3566956 ) that the Ether Blades blurb was set during a period after "The Betrayal" but before the Tenno entered cryo. It's looking more likely. But's that's because I was theorising that the Tenno versions of Warframes and Weapons needed to start appearing after the fall of the Orokin. Now I'm wondering if the Prime versions of Equipment was just a Tenno rank thing even druing the Old War, after all, we don't recover a Mirage Prime imprint during her quest do we?

Eons old settlements on Mars. EONS? Ok then we might as well consider the Sentients a precursor race who left our solarsystem millennia ago.

The pelt on Chroma? A trophy from a forgotten race.

Eons could easily have been a exaggeration as they have no idea when. just that its very very old.

But it would have been an extremely long time ago to modern day where we make a colony on Mars before we terraform it. The best idea would be to make the colony underground. As it would take a minimum of several millennia to terraform if modern humans started on it.

Edited by Firetempest

"I opened my eyes only to be blinded by an intense flash, followed by a crash, like a thousand crystal goblets all being shattered at once."

"I saw something run away, a streak of silver and gold. It shot straight up the cavern wall and out into the sunshine above."

Which warframe and power is that? Excalibur Prime? o.o

Sounds to me like Radial Blind followed up with Radial Javelin, then Slash Dash to GTFO. Remember, the reworked Slash Dash will be vertically aimable, according to the last devstream.

First two questions I had after reading this were: Who (or what) saved them, and what is a "Dax"?

- Could Dax Menz have been one of the Guardians? The way he reacted to Ontella's provocation about the Tenno, plus the fact that he had been "cast aside" (possibly in favor of the Tenno) makes me think he may have been.

And this sounds like a very plausible explanation.

- I'm 100% certain that it was a Tenno in a Warframe that saved them, though which Warframe it was I have no idea. The description of an intense flash, followed by a crash, only fits a few abilities that we know of: Excalibur with a Radial Blind/ Radial Javelin combo, Oberon's Reckoning, or Mirage's Prism.

I've come to the same conclusion, but I hope it's a teaser for the upcoming Warframe instead.

Then, the obvious question: how are they able to reproduce this effect?

I find it just a little bit hard to believe that every single ancient is a Lorist that somehow survived in infested form over the many years since the Orokin era. It seems like they're able to duplicate this effect...but how?

Considering the nature of the infested 'your consciousness is ours', perhaps by taking a sufficient quantity of Lorists, they managed to create a paradigm so that when the Infested reaches sufficient mass, it can and will mutate a form suitable to conduct those energies. Making organic substitutes for formally technological components. Just look at how much technology we make is made better when we base it off of existing organic designs, like the Giraffe flight suit.

Sort of like what Simaris does with the Synthesis targets; compiles the best traits of countless prime samples to create the 'archetypical' example of that entity. The Infested would, by wrote, consume matter and ability of the hosts, and regurgitate it in a way that benefits the viral horde. Considering then that the Lorist 'Remballa' is evidently still understand as 'alive' within the Infestation after the suspected Excalibur Big Damn Hero moment, it could be this is why the Infestation is so...consistent.

It already has the best forms for the tasks it needs to achieve, until new factors arise; in this case, Mutalist infestation strains that further broaden their capacity. A primal instinct with a kind of twisted unconscious brilliance, perhaps.

This is granted conjecture...but it leads me to another question.

What if, as Morec0 discusses above, the Lorist was using Oro in some manner?

If so...

What if the unifying nature of the Infested is the amassed Oro of everything they have ever consumed, this being why the focal character could still 'feel' Remballa? From there then, is the continued retention and use of former victim's Oro be how the Infested maintain and share their varied specified forms? 

Dax is a Tril Symbiont 

As of the moment, best inference is definitely some form of rank, title or station name. Although I admit my first thoughts were DS9...

Well, Phorid did say that the Infested are the vessel through which immortality is achieved. 

"I am a timeless chorus. Join your voice with mine, and sing victory everlasting."

To quote the Gravemind of the Flood seems apt I guess.

Here's hoping we don't have to see the Infested try to speak in rhyme at least.