Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Stream] Pictures Of Yin Yang Frame!

Sorez

... define "bit too much".

Because when it comes to gender in Warframe it's already... Well, the Player Tenno has no stated gender and is referred to as only Tenno or Operator (neither of which are gendered terms), and can wear "male" and "female" frames (a few of which are ALREADY kind of ambiguous in those regards) with impunity.

and if that's not enough, you can wear a "male" or "female" frame but have the animation set (read: body language) of literally any other frame.

and whether or not Tenno/Frames have a biological sex is pretty much unsaid though I guess we're supposed to assume that they DID have one at some point, because they're void-afflicted humans or something and we as the players are humans.

In my point of view I'm not "Reading too much into it" so much as I'm slightly playing off of what's already there and presented to you in the game??

The bit too much was basically everything in the spoiler. Chromosones and biological sex, and all of that.

Which you kind of just said is irrelevant since the tenno have no defined gender.

So why even bring it up?

The bit too much was basically everything in the spoiler. Chromosones and biological sex, and all of that.

Which you kind of just said is irrelevant since the tenno have no defined gender.

So why even bring it up?

I bring it up as a sort of a footnote,

because I see people bringing biological sex into discussions about Warframes a bunch and repeatedly making the rookie mistakes of:

- thinking that biological sex and gender identity are the same thing, 

- that either of them are strictly a super-simple easy-to-discern binary.

- that biological sex necessarily influences gender identity or other mental traits (this is also what I believe is referred to as "biological essentialism" or as "biotroof" and it's malicious use is a sort of common calling card argument used by many transphobic, misogynistic, and homophobic individuals)

...By the way, I might be mistaken but you also appear to be making one of these mistakes here when you complain about me bringing up facts about biological sex and then saying I "just said is irrelevant because the tenno have no defined gender"

I do apologize if I was unclear, I meant to say that neither the sex nor the gender of Tenno (or at least not the gender of your player Tenno) is mentioned or commented upon in the lore or the game.

Though it is clear that DE designs each of the frames to deliberately appear "male" or "female" to us the players, that is the only thing that is true and anything ELSE is what's really "reading too much into it"

anyway if you actually look at the definitions of the Jungian psych stuff that Animus/Anima are named after...

Anima is basically an anthropomorphic representation of a man's repressed collective "feminine" traits 

And Animus is the respective representation of a woman's repressed collective "masculine" traits

it's important to note that these are "repressed" to begin with because the society Jung was in and even many societies now uphold this (kinda really  S#&$ty) idea that men should not have any feminine traits and that women should not have any masculine traits, and (speaking from real life experience here) even enforce this with violence.

Now that I think about it- It'd be kinda interesting to see a frame that somehow weaponizes these otherwise-repressed traits, the way Valkyr frames weaponize the pain and fear the original Valkyr felt at the hands of the Corpus.

Edited by hedgehodge

this design is awful ...

do you guys even TRY !?

its almost as bad as limbo ...

come on DE !

look at the first warframes and take examples of off them !!!!

1. Limbo is amazing looking (both of these points on either side is opinion)

2. They want each frame to look like the fit their theme and be unique from those before. So I am sorry but no they will continue this trend and I look forward to it.

Last but not least 3. The way you wrote this implies you can do better so go ahead create model (that can be animated) that is better. If not then perhaps you should be a bit less rude in your criticisms.

On topic I look forward to seeing what the powers are for the frame and I hope both versions powers are unique yet with same kinda base idea. Like one heals Tenno around them but the other form hurts people around then. Example nothing more :)

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw the concept art.

And then this.

My body is ready

this design is awful ... 

do you guys even TRY !?

its almost as bad as limbo ... 

come on DE !

look at the first warframes and take examples of off them !!!!

Provide something constructive or meaningful or don't say anything at all. 

Not necesarily, they said Minky tried exploring the concept but ended up ultimately not going for it. And even if so that is just the aesthetics so it doesn't really guarantee the gender in the end,

I hope that what you said is not true, I hope they WILL use 'dual gender'(dunno how to call it) frame idea and not create generic frame

Edited by Culaio

I hope that what you said is not true, I hope they WILL use 'dual gender'(dunno how to call it) frame idea and not create generic frame

I... fail to see how making the frame single-gendered makes it generic.

(Edit:typos)

Edited by RahuStalker

Heh, opinions I guess, I'm that guy who likes Chroma's original helmet and was mad when they switched it :p Most people seem to love the new frame's look though :3

Based on a total of 39 comments (Many of which may just be multiple posts by the same people), I wouldn't say most, at least not yet. Personally though I quite like it actually.

So this warframe is a total badass for one reason. It never goes into mission in its full form (full form = full power)

fighting badguys with full powers is so mainstream anyway.

bd8.png

Edited by Basilisk1991

I... fail to see how making the frame single-gendered makes it generic.

(Edit:typos)

because every single frame is single-gendered ?  dual-gendered is something fresh and unique so I think it would be a mistake to destroy what makes it unique.

because every single frame is single-gendered ?  dual-gendered is something fresh and unique so I think it would be a mistake to destroy what makes it unique.

"You're boring, you and your definitive gender."

I think each part of the design is deliberate. 

Anima is black. Animus is white. Anima is female. Animus is male. Anima is complex in design. Animus is more reserved and simple.

You understand why I said it was perfect now right?! >;D