Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Selection

Afleezy

Why not let us chose the gender of the frame we're playing? it wouldn't hurt the game at all they would still have the same name and theme. I know a lot of people don't care about playing female characters and such but it's just not my thing.

Why not let us chose the gender of the frame we're playing?

Why not search for similar posts before you're posting?

In fact, DE already told us about Gender a long ago... They said Development team(or design team maybe...) will have too much work to do if there are both genders... I don't know exactly.

Edited by Evansmaan

The gender of the Tenno you play as has no relation whatsoever to the warframes that Tenno wears.

It's been pretty much confirmed that Tenno are physical, humanoid beings that wear the warframes and can switch between them, due to quotes by the Lotus, Ordis, Sargas Ruk, Lech Kril, the bleed proc visual effect, the fact that we take bonus damage from Slash, Toxin, and Viral, and the out-of-frame Tenno in the cryopods on defense missions. Ordis warns you to be cautious when occupying the Limbo warframe, the quest lines have you collecting pieces of the Mirage and Chroma warframes to wear for yourself, Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril both say that there's flesh inside of the warframes, and we bleed when hit with bleed procs. The theory that the Tenno are energy beings, as well as the theory that Tenno can only use a single warframe, are both pretty much busted already. You play as one humanoid Tenno that switches between the warframes in your arsenal.

But then how do humanoid Tenno use both male and female warframes? There are three possibilities.
1. Tenno do not have a physical sex/gender, and the warframes only do because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
2. Tenno can use any warframe regardless of their sex/gender, and the warframes are only male/female because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
3. Tenno can change their physical sex/gender at will to fit which warframe they want to wear.

The third theory appears to be the most likely when you take a look at the Tenno in cryopods on defense missions, since all of the Tenno in cryo appear to be male. Would this mean that there are no female Tenno in existence? No, that can be proven false when you consider that the female warframes must have been made in the image of their first wearer. This means that Tenno must be capable of changing their sex/gender at will, and all switched to being male when they went into cryo for some reason, perhaps because being male would somehow help them withstand the cold better.

Your Tenno is any gender you want them to be.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Why not let us chose the gender of the frame we're playing? it wouldn't hurt the game at all they would still have the same name and theme. I know a lot of people don't care about playing female characters and such but it's just not my thing.

I wonder if people realize the work required of devs when requests like this are asked in a "why not?" fashion.

[...]

Do you have a source for those inside cryopods being Tenno? I don't remember having read that anywhere before.

Edit: By Tenno I mean a Tenno's body (true form). As far as lore and our knowledge go Tenno might as well be a possessive kind of life form like a symbiont or nanites.

Edited by Dragon_of_Shadow

The gender of the Tenno you play as has no relation whatsoever to the warframes that Tenno wears.

I don't recall DE stating in any way that the things in the Cryopods are Tenno or even any statement in game.

Edited by LazerSkink

At the moment, i don't think DE has the immediate interest or time to put into creating opposite genders for the same frame. I won't say they will never do it because DE will do what they want and have been known to change their minds about previous statements.

Not happening.

Anything close won't happen for a long time.

Closest DE said we could get was alt-gendered frames with the same themes as others.

[size=2](i.e.: A female Frost with four different ice-themed abilities)[/size]

But even then pretty sure that was still a giant maybe.

Biggest issue is the sheer time it would take to go and remake a new model for each frame.

So, no.

Closest DE said we could get was alt-gendered frames with the same themes as others.

(i.e.: A female Frost with four different ice-themed abilities)

And, personally, I think this is a MUCH more interesting and A LOT cooler (heh) suggestion that just throwing boobs on a Frost.

BUT I'm not against it - I just think the above is a MUCH superior idea.

Edited by Morec0

If it makes you feel better, the upcoming yin-yang frame can switch between a male and female form at will. Otherwise though the Devs have no intention to create opposite gender models for existing frames.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I don't recall DE stating in any way that the things in the Cryopods are Tenno or even any statement in game.

The Tenno are the only beings we know of that ever went into cryo. There's no evidence at all behind the theory that they're not Tenno.

Even if the people in the defense mission cryopods somehow weren't Tenno, then we can conclude that the Tenno either do not have a gender, or that the Tenno's gender has no relation to the gender of their warframes. You can still have the Tenno you play as be/identify as any gender you want them to.

The Tenno are the only beings we know of that ever went into cryo. There's no evidence at all behind the theory that they're not Tenno.

Even if the people in the defense mission cryopods somehow weren't Tenno, then we can conclude that the Tenno either do not have a gender, or that the Tenno's gender has no relation to the gender of their warframes. You can still have the Tenno you play as be/identify as any gender you want them to.

I remain of the mind that Tenno DO have a gender, but the Warframes have their own gender (because Orokin don't want their slave races thinking they're human on them) and partially absorb the Tenno that wear them into them, reshaping them something ala Guyver armor.

Culturally, the Tenno (in-game lore Tenno, not player community Tenno) simply aren't concerned with this (at least anymore), to them it's no different than going from playing Braum in one game of LoL to playing Katarina in the next would be for any gamer.

I know it's unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future, but I really, really wish we had the cosmetic option of male and female versions for each frame (none of this "thematically similar frames with different stats/abilities" business). It is nonsensical that equipping a different frame gives my character a sex change. Designing the different warframes as separate characters just doesn't work when a single Tenno can equip any of them.

And that is why I, as a straight male, can enjoy Excalibutt :p

This is like. 
The 50th thread I've seen about this stuff ._.
and it's almost not an over exaggeration. 

but. 

(i.e.: A female Frost with four different ice-themed abilities)

I'd like this