The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Finishers are for a cinematic, to add color to the chaos.

Do they halt the flow of battle? Yes.

Are they ineffective vs. crowd? Most definitely.

Does Excalibur have options? Plenty.

- Use Radial blind and gun people

- Use Radial Javelin and skewer people.

- Use Slash dash and make sushi.

Finishers ignore armor and deal massive amounts of damage. Finishers from blind, savage silence, and teleport are some of the only ways you can actually use finisher damage on an enemy, and it can be insanely powerful, letting you one-hit enemies up to insanely high level without need for corrosive projection.

Edited by Coatduck

Finishers are for a cinematic, to add color to the chaos.

Do they halt the flow of battle? Yes.

Are they ineffective vs. crowd? Most definitely.

Does Excalibur have options? Plenty.

- Use Radial blind and gun people

- Use Radial Javelin and skewer people.

- Use Slash dash and make sushi.

What if I want to just flay my Exalted Blade? Eh? Guess I'm out of luck aren't I?

Edited by Acidulant

Seems like Exalted Blade is bugged for Clients, it doesn't seem to take melee mods into consideration if you are a client (also seems to do radiation damage by default).

Edited by CTanGod

Not how it worked for me. I sent a wave through a thick crowd while channeling, and there was no lifesteal nor additional energy drain.

Yeah, I just did some further testing and found that it was pretty much random when it did and didn't. I wish I could be more help but I think it's bed time for me.

Exalted Blade

Please decrease power efficiency for Exalted Blade. When I first tested it out with only streamline and only 40 energy. I was able to stay in the ultimate for more than 4 minutes. That is not how it should be and we all know it needs to be fixed.

Now with Primed/Flow and Streamline + Fleeting Expertise, you can stay for an infinite amount of time unless an enemy drains your energy. And also please increase damage of sword beams. 500-700 isn't exactly satisfying numbers for an ultimate with Intensify and maxed Transient Fortitude.

The only thing viable for Excalibur's 4 is when in close range which gives us big numbers mainly due to to it being melee based. 

it seems fine. there have been times where i've run out of energy since i use the other abilities in conjunction with EB, which is how it should be used

What on Earth do you mean don't use Radial Blind?

Try that in T4

Are you soloing the T4? If not then leave the blind enemies to be picked off by teammates. If so there was another thread about how to avoid triggering finishers started not too long ago, I'll see if I can find it.

You've got to remember that Excalibur is going to be played by alot of newbies who won't have streamline. It has to be balanced so that they can get some use out of it before running out of energy.

Given its current efficiency, newbies will get plenty of use out of it even if its energy drain is doubled.

What on Earth do you mean don't use Radial Blind?

Try that in T4

If you're going EB just use the slide blind, it doesn't cause finishers.

That said, during finisher animations you have invincibility frames so... 

Ok the knockdown was okay...but 100 percent bleed proc...good god, Ash would pass out.

Ash deals finisher damage.

With armor scaling Excal's bleed will only be a tickle compared to Ash.

So that is fine.

But meh, I do miss using duration for Slash Dash.

I don't really like the radial blind at the end of slide attacks, when having the 4th ability toggled on. It just feels out of place, and interupts the flow of melee attacks. 

I suggest keeping the feature, but only if holding the melee button AFTER the slide attack maybe?

Overall though, great job DE

What?

Also, its more about time consuming.

Time consuming? In a video game? Something designed to pass the time with amusement? I'm sorry, but I can't take that seriously in the slightest. It's one thing to waste time on a failed mission, but to be upset with an extra 1.75 seconds to usually execute a Corrupted Bombard?

You've got to remember that Excalibur is going to be played by alot of newbies who won't have streamline. It has to be balanced so that they can get some use out of it before running out of energy.

That is a silly excuse. Mods are there for a reason, if they want something good, that means they have to work for it. And streamline isn't exactly rare either. Exalted Blade has higher lower energy drain than Mesa. 

Time consuming? In a video game? Something designed to pass the time with amusement? I'm sorry, but I can't take that seriously in the slightest. It's one thing to waste time on a failed mission, but to be upset with an extra 1.75 seconds to usually execute a Corrupted Bombard?

Calm down. I'm just dictating what OP wants to tell us. Not to mention, even 1.75 seconds gets annoying when you do a finisher unintentionally in the midst of an intense battle. Could be fixed by assigning a new key for finisher itself. And yes I know you can avoid doing finishers by initiating melee attacks from far.

Ash deals finisher damage.

With armor scaling Excal's bleed will only be a tickle compared to Ash.

So that is fine.

But meh, I do miss using duration for Slash Dash.

Bleeding is by definition Finisher damage. Which is heavily amplified by one of Excal's own augments.

I can already see the min-maxer's build for teh max dps.