Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Slash Dash and RB are fantastic

RJ is still RJ wich i don't really like but the enemies actully notice me when i shoot in their face so when i roll out of their firing sight i can hit them with it

Exalted Blade (a missed opportunity for the name caliburn) is a melee stance that shoot wave and thats about it.

Now at least i can continue to shoot the enemies while i am flashing them so just for that its a succes in my book

most of the time slash dash only hits one target before it stops, that's annoying 

I honestly don't like the slide blind. It feels really clunky, and very annoying with how it tops my movement. Keep the blind, but remove the animation and let us copter normally while releasing a blinding flash. You can do that, right?

Edited by Ion_Sig

Random: radial javelin should have something something added to it, I was thinking you know how when enemies survive the radial javelin attack, they still have a javelin in them, all stab like haha, I think the javelin should explode and do damage or a stun or something when it gets hit by the energy sword or the energy waves either/and/or, what do you guys think?

Random: radial javelin should have something something added to it, I was thinking you know how when enemies survive the radial javelin attack, they still have a javelin in them, all stab like haha, I think the javelin should explode and do damage or a stun or something when it gets hit by the energy sword or the energy waves either/and/or, what do you guys think?

you have a good point

after the patch, i still find that SD doesn't target enemies. i could have several enemies clustered together and excal stops after the first enemy. then there are times where i completely pass by an enemy. also, when you slash dash vertically, after the dash, excal just drops. no foward movement or chaining into aerial melee

i think that to have radial javelin be more than a plain damage ability, enemies that survive are knocked down and given a bleed proc 

Edited by LordOfScrugging

DE you guys just made my day, I can know pull off Radial Blind without  me having to actually activate the ability. I flippin' love you guys for this!

P.S. Mordred helmet...hear I come!!!

yea, say that after you realize that radial blind range is like 5-10 meters and on top of it, removed your ability to slide further than 10m

Edited by SomeCrackHead

DE please don't remove his Slide Blind, if anything tweak how it looks.  Slide Blind really comes in handy in the heat of battle.  And it's a good Team "buff."  

agreed. Make tweaks to to Slash Dash instead, you can barley hit 2 enemies with that thing

Lifestrike should work now that the Hotfix is out - if not you know what to do, Tenno (post in this thread).

In my testing, lifestrike only seems to work on finishers, however channeling seems to drain energy for every enemy hit by the wave. One slice through a crowd can drain your energy flat.

Does reach and primed reach increase the range of your slashes? And does Fury and Quickening affect their speed? And do the glaive mods affect the behavior of the energy waves?

can confirm atm that attack speed mods do effect the number of slashes per second yes.

Only problem I'm finding with this update is that slash dash is still somewhat useless, you can get attacked during it. So it would be inadvisable to use it against a group of high level enemies unless they are blinded first. I understand how there should be a synergy between the abilities, but slash dash requiring another ability to make it viable in late game can use another look at. Maybe add a blocking effect while slash dash occurring? The combination of super jump and slash dash isn't as good as I thought it would be either. Since you're using much more energy for simple vertical movement in the new slash dash compared to the old one. 

In my testing, lifestrike only seems to work on finishers, however channeling seems to drain energy for every enemy hit by the wave. One slice through a crowd can drain your energy flat.

Not how it worked for me. I sent a wave through a thick crowd while channeling, and there was no lifesteal nor additional energy drain.

Does reach and primed reach increase the range of your slashes? And does Fury and Quickening affect their speed? And do the glaive mods affect the behavior of the energy waves?

Haven't tried the glaive mods, but Reach and Fury definitely affect the swings of the Exalted Blade. Reach doesn't do anything to the waves, though.

Edited by SortaRandom

Only problem I'm finding with this update is that slash dash is still somewhat useless, you can get attacked during it. So it would be inadvisable to use it against a group of high level enemies unless they are blinded first. I understand how there should be a synergy between the abilities, but slash dash requiring another ability to make it viable in late game can use another look at. Maybe add a blocking effect while slash dash occurring? The combination of super jump and slash dash isn't as good as I thought it would be either. Since you're using much more energy for simple vertical movement in the new slash dash compared to the old one. 

try putting overextend + stretch.. it feels like the best mobility skill to me and my setup is max range.. seeing as some people didn't feel this it might be because they're not maxed out on range. it's problem however is not its mobility, but when you target an enemy you will dash way more slower.....

Awesome Job DE! 

Some notes for further improvements (since this a Feedback Thread):

- How about some unique Finisher Animations for the Exalted Blade Stance?!

-Slash Dash feels a bit wonky at times, like it´s not hitting every enemy it should be, when they are clearly in a cone in front of you. Also it could use 1-2 more hit animations to not look too repetitive when you strike multiple foes in quick succession.

- A little Speed Buff would go a long way to help Excalibur close the gap faster to get into the much desired melee range.