Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Even if regular Excalibur has it, I don't care. Let others have fun as well. Don't make a fuss over such a trivial issue.

S#&$, I forgot to write Prime after Excalibur in the title. Why can't I edit the title?

Why SHOULDN'T Prime not have Skana prime?

S#&$, I forgot to write Prime after Excalibur in the title. Why can't I edit the title?

Use the full editor to do that.

So I didn't play on my normal Excalibur because I can't make people weep about it, and thus didn't notice, so I'll ask: Does regular Excalibur have the same exact sword as Excalibur Prime?

If yes, I do declare that this is an OUTRAGE. AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU. Why does he not have ability primes like Nova and Rhino?

Only Excalibur Prime uses Skana Prime for Exalted Blade.

I prefer Skana Prime over the other energy sword.

Well, if DE did that, then an another war will break out between founders and non-founders... 

Let us be serious for a second. Is consistency too much to ask for? Other frames such as Nova, Frost, Mag, Rhino (maybe others?) have a golden touch added to some of their abilities, something that sets their some of their abilities visually apart. Frost did not originally have this, and I think Mag did not either, meaning other Prime frames will possibly get these touches as well. I kind of expected a little change to happen to one or more of Excalibur Primes abilities since they were doing an Excalibur rework, though they never said they would do this (nor indeed ever said anything about the other Prime frames abilities either.) Do you think it to be too much that Excalibur can draw a normal energy Skana and Excalibur Prime draw an energy Skana Prime? If I am being entirely unreasonable, please do let me know so in a civilized manner.

EDIT: Thank you to the two people above me who actually answered the question I posed. This being the case, the person 3 above me already asked the question needed to be asked, why wouldn't Excal Prime etc etc.

Edited by MA347612890GT4078579132R

Well, I was expecting him to use the new energy sword or a prime variant. I'm just wondering if this is intentional or just a place holder.

Very likely intentional, as DE adds a bit of Prime flair to certain abilities for all Primed warframes. In Excalibur's case, it seems Excalibur Prime gets to use Skana Prime for Exalted Blade.

hmm, well you probably spend the whole time of killing things than actually looking how beautiful your excal prime skana on battle anyway... but just give the founders what they want

Actually, every now and again I stop just to admire my sword. It's beautiful. Although I will say the new energy sword is quite good too, I just got on to look and I rather like its sleek curved look. But I like my Prime better. IT IS MAJESTIC.

Time consuming? In a video game? Something designed to pass the time with amusement? I'm sorry, but I can't take that seriously in the slightest. It's one thing to waste time on a failed mission, but to be upset with an extra 1.75 seconds to usually execute a Corrupted Bombard?

The problem is that in that 1.75 seconds, you're not killing other enemies. So there's going to be a lot more of them shooting at you when the blind wears off.

Honestly, finishers should never have used same button as melee attacks. I do not know why this is the case - the use key would have been much more sensible. I've lost count of the number of times I've attempted to copter boost past an enemy and ended up getting locked into some stupid unskippable animation while I slowly spin them around and snap their neck.

Just some quick thoughts on Slash Dash:

Doesn't seem to do as much damage as before.  Also seems to have greatly reduced range.  I'm only hitting 1 or 2 enemies, 3 at most.  As it stands, it's more effective to just spin attack enemies.  I think changing its damage to be based off your melee weapon's spin attack and giving it a much greater range would make it much better.  

Also, letting you change direction would be great - instead of just hitting enemies in a cone ahead of you within a certain distance (which results in funny things like Slashing one guy and not being able to hit the guy right next to him, then suddenly being able to leap between three people at once), I think Slash Dash should move between closest enemies after each slash, measuring the distance from one target to another rather than measuring the distance from Excalibur at the start of Slash Dash and hitting any enemy within it.  This would also include attacking enemies behind you.

Finally, when you Slash Dash air dash, you don't seem to have any momentum at the end and drop like a rock.  Again, it's much better to just do normal air dashes (or copter) than to try and use Slash Dash for mobility.

Letting you use finishers is fine. The problem is that since that finishers and normal melee attacks use the same button, you're forced to use them regardless of whether you want to or not. Go here and voice your displeasure.

Edited by DoomFruit

Actually, every now and again I stop just to admire my sword. It's beautiful. Although I will say the new energy sword is quite good too, I just got on to look and I rather like its sleek curved look. But I like my Prime better. IT IS MAJESTIC.

better do a selfie with it, you might want to savor this moment before you get bored and jump to yinyang is a few day LOL

Edited by vashyoung

Hey, guys.

Do a damage Build and look for the right position.

The Range Slash can hit multiple enemys.

With this i had no Problem to be 4 of 5 times Top Damage Dealer.

and 1 time i was testing without weapon and still was second close behind 1% after the next Excalibur.

If you give up the blind time.

You can totaly ignore duration.

And go on a very good damage build for mid to endgame ( Level 60+ Starts of beeing a bit hard )

Or you make a Range and Duration build for Blind and Jumping around.

@ Meledamage

We have no 2 damage Procs.

One of the Wave and one in close Range with the mod´s proc.

If enemy died from wave hit, it looks like no close combat hin.

Range is quiet short for close combat hit.

But i did 25k krits and 60k krits in a row with attarax as Meleeweapon in Valk config.

Edited by Frankdark