The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Exalted Blade Post 16.9.2 [Megathread]

God_is_a_Cat_Girl

16.9.2 broke Exalted Blade, it's using the melee weapon stance instead.

Using a Prisma Skana with Crimson Dervish, and Exalted blade is using that stance and doesn't fire the waves as well. Will try other weapons and edit this post if it happens with other stances as well.

Edit: Tried with the Ripkas with Four Riders equipped and Exalted Blade used that stance instead as well, again, fires no waves.

Redeemer does the same thing, and during Exalted Blade you can even use the shooting function of the redeemer.

Dragon Nikana makes it so the Exalted Blade sword doesn't appear and still uses the Nikana stance, yes, you use an invisible sword, and blocking is pretty much Excal waving his hands around.

Edited by Sorrow0110

I can confirm this works with Crossing Snakes.

It seems like the mod carry-over now affects stances. I'll use a stanceless weapon and see what happens.

Edit: Without a Stance mod equipped on my melee weapon, Exalted Blade worked as expected, using its unique stance and firing energy waves.

Edited by Meldieboy

Jesus! Seriously.

Energy waves already have enough going against them

1. sloooow travel time

2. oddly low damage output

3. Can't channel with the energy waves, meaning no Life Strike health from a distance (Glaive /Prime I love you for this) and no Killing Blow benefits from the waves etc...

Edited by RawGritz

Jesus! Seriously.

Energy waves already have enough going against them

1. sloooow travel time

2. oddly low damage output

3. Can't channel with the energy waves, meaning no Life Strike health from a distance (Glaive /Prime I love you for this) and no Killing Blow benefits from the waves etc...

From the testing I have done so far, channeling seems to have no effect on any damage at all from Exalted Blade.

They tried to fix something that no one wanted to get fixed(the auto channelling of the Exalted Blade) and they not only did it but they bugged the skill even more. I mean we do really have to spent even more energy for channelling a weapon that's already channeled with us and continously drains our evergy over time?

Good Job DE, listening your community as ever.

Edited by Redskull94

Yes. Confirmed. Good lord!

Custom EB stance attacks are gone, even when using the glaive, which looks so ridiculous. So I see the EB blade but it does Glaive stance animations. Horrible!

I tried with Astral Twilight and I have to tell you, it looks awesome to see the sword flying around.

With the Halikar, even while you using Exalted Blade you can still disarm the enemy.

Edited by Sorrow0110

Equipped ripkas as only weapon on Excalibur. Went un mission and equupped the synthesis scanner then cast Exalted Blade. This resulted in EB using the Ripkas' Malicious Raptor attack animation with only the first strike being that of the EB. The first attack is also the only only to produce an energy wave. Also the claws themselves are extended while the energy sword is in your hand.

Note to DE: This is a different bug that occured pre 16.9.2.

Excalibur's Exalted Blade auto-parry function doesn't work properly. It doesn't block knockdowns from enemy heavy ground slams or grappling hooks. A heavy gunner can knock you down despite EB auto-parry being active, and ancients/scorpions can still use their grappling hooks to knock you down and pull you to them.

Normal parrying blocks all of these attacks, so shouldn't EB's auto-parry block them too?

This plus the energy waves are gone and it now uses the stance of the currently equipped melee weapon.

PS: It seems to work fine when you have no melee weapon equipped.

Edited by Takatashi

Activating it draws the blade, but it uses your melee stance and no energy waves are produced at all.

In other words, it's completely broken.

EDIT: Also, please for the love of god make the Energy waves scale off of melee mods (As was originally intended)

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

There's a bug whereas sometimes I couldn't use exalted blade, nor could I sheathe it.

The only thing that works when using the power is the auto parry

I can solve this by getting myself knocked down, but this is problematic.

Source: CJbbtK8.jpg

Also, the waves and combos of exalted blade isn't working

Edited by Jaruis