Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Removed Weapons From Our Back?

_Rue_

It's a neat idea but nothing currently being developed like this. When a time window for experimentation in this way emerges for the dev team it might be something they prototype, but nothing we can commit to. I checked with Geoff and I know some talks about "phasing" or "materializing" has been talked about, but again, just talks.

If it turns out to be a thing they want to make happen then it MUST be optional

I don't know, Orokin portals seems like a very complicated part of science in Warframe, with that huge portal room and it's consoles, i have trouble imagining hammerspace holsters and sheats for Warframe, even for the Tenno who are generally more advanced over everyone else. Of course the structures into the Void are basically hidden into another dimension, but they are, like the portal room to access them, huge infrastructures that must come with space and energy requirements.

From a videogame point of view  DE had to choose what to display on warframes, i's more of a design than a lore question, i suppose that they didn't want the tenno covered in ammo pouches, it's Warframe and not CoD after all, though i wouldn' mind a small ammo pouch or two.

I like having my rifle on my back, gives me a good view of it and it's amazing details, even if it clips a bit with syandanas but he, nothing is perfect. I wouldn't mind this to be optional for people who desire it.

Edited by LouarnRuz

It's a neat idea but nothing currently being developed like this. When a time window for experimentation in this way emerges for the dev team it might be something they prototype, but nothing we can commit to. I checked with Geoff and I know some talks about "phasing" or "materializing" has been talked about, but again, just talks.

Phasing and materializing like some of the skills we have on warframes would cut the clutter and be a great way to get stuff off our backs while remaining Tenno like in posture and "sword drawing". Great idea!

Has there been any talk about simply increasing weapon swap speed?

Guest khk6

+1, I had a similar idea since long time ago. It would really fit the atmosphere too.

I always HATED like how in so many games the swords just seem to be stuck with some magical glue on peoples back 

i5I2sDD.jpg

It surely looks awkward. Same with how primary and melee weapon is stuck on Tennos back.

Weapons could come out of your hands, like with the capture target and the revive animation.

Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif

if this was a per slot option it would be really cool .. i like the look of some some of the secondaries (fx: throwing knifes) and i think it would take away from the look of the nikana and the tonfas but if it was a per slot option i would pay plat for it any day

I had a suggestion for this many moons ago. 

Basically we have the ability to suck up capture targets into the weird thingies in our hands...right? We essentially de-materialize an entire being....a very complex structure. 

Weapons in comparison (on a molecular level etc) are very simple...so it should be SUPER easy for us to de/materialize stuff from there. Not sure why DE hasn't explored that option. This could be very awesome to look at as well...imagine weapons phasing out/into existence with a fancy glowing animation. 

They could simply support via on/off feature at first...and if they see that a BIG majority of people prefer sucking up their weapons...they can remove "holstered" weapons completely...which would be awesome for them as well because they would no longer have to work out how to holster all the different weapons  (That takes actual developing time  away from other things!) because as far as I know...it's being done MANUALLY for EVERY frame right now...that has got to be a massive waste of time on the developing side of things.

Edited by Shehriazad