Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.4

DE_Adam

*Fixed Clients using Exalted Blade not gaining benefits from Syndicate Mods.

Before this fix syndicate proc was accessible only by client and now both host and client can't use it.

I can't trigger jaw sword's truth effect even I am the host now.

As for the +100% damage I need some test...

Edited by aerosoul1337

Exalted Blade's energy waves still don't benefit from Melee Base Damage Mods and +100% damage  Syndicate Mods.

Before this, Toxic Blight's +100% Toxin still works on waves tho. They totally messed something up when trying to disable AoE blast on client lol

Before this, Toxic Blight's +100% Toxin still works on waves tho. They totally messed something up when trying to disable AoE blast on client lol

So , now the problem is these mod doesn't work as they should :

-base damage mods ( e.g. Pressure point )

-Syndicate Mods ( e.g. toxic Blight )

god , DE always try to fix a bug and create a new bug

god , DE always try to fix a bug and create a new bug

Welcome to maintaining a complex code base. Honestly, I prefer DE's approach of not insisting things are perfect before they go out, that's a MUCH slower way of generating content.

Confirmed.

1.Waves can NOT be benefited from regular melee damage mods such as Pressure Point, Steel Charge, and the Syndicate melee mods.

2.Waves hit does not effect melee combo counter.

3.Syndicate effect can not trigger any more.

4.Reversed elemental mods combination bug is fixed.

However, channeling damage is applied to the waves.

And the waves hit does NOT consume energy from channeling.

Replace Pressure Point with Killing Blow to boost your damage output for the waves.

Life Strike is still free if you manage to hit with your waves only.

According to DERebecca's statement, Exalted Blade waves should scale off of all melee mods.

Not really sure about how the intended designs are, but the waves act this way as far as I know.

As for "only longswords retain the passive during exalted blade"<--this is absolutely a bug.

is the syndicate buff supposed to trigger during exalted blade, while using bright purity for instance?

If you mean the stat boost from the mod itself, yes. If you mean the AoE, it still isn't too clear if the devs want that to trigger or not.

So when a mod says it gives +1 purity, and it doesn't give +1 purity, this is working as intended?

This is EXACTLY the kind of reasoning you will never see used by DE when making changes, or explaining them.

Just search the forums for the 'Radial Javelin' debacle. You'll find all sorts of oxymoronic explanations about how a 'radial' ability that only works in front of you is "Now working as intended"

I've written off excel as a playable frame, and reccomend everyone else does the same. It might help DE to make better changes in the future when the community is no longer there to do all the testing for them. While this game IS an eternal beta, that doesn't stretch so far as to defy logic, or fix explanations that are contradictory, confusing, and often final. (Rare we ever hear back about our questions)

any chance limbos many isues are going to be addressed soon?

What's wrong with Limbo?  He's working fine for me.

Unless you mean "can't hack panels in rift plane" which was an intentional change a while back, but I feel was an unnecessary nerf and really, really needs to be reverted.  I mean basically I can only use Limbo in a group now, because every time I have to hack a panel while playing solo I get slaughtered by some Grineer Flameblade I couldn't see one-shot critting me to death.

Other than reverting that unnecessary nerf, is there another issue with Limbo I've yet to encounter in 80+ hours of play with him?

make it so we can at least pick up items while in the rift -.-

limbo casts rift on rare mods while other players go to exit =.= that just not right

said player can not pick loot up ,

That's a problem with the person playing Limbo, not a problem with the frame.

That said, it really didn't cross my mind because I spend most of my time as Limbo either not shooting or banishing single targets.  Sadly most people would rather have a Frost for group missions than a Limbo, and I have both, so I end up running Frost like 90% of the time when Limbo would actually be BETTER than Frost.

Note I am not saying Frost is better than Limbo, or that Limbo is better than Frost.  I am saying they are balanced because Limbo is better against ranged enemies, whereas Frost is always going to be superior against melee opponents, and also there are plenty of exceptions to both of these.  My point is that players have a bad habit of dismissing Limbo as an option nearly all the time, even when he might very well be a better choice.

Either way I wouldn't mind being able to pick up loot in the rift, but I do understand why I can't, and I'm okay with it.  It makes at least some sort of sense.

What does NOT make sense is that I can activate life support, revive downed players, and basically interact with every "static object" in the game EXCEPT hacking control panels, which is also the ONLY object I have to interact with that requires I stand still, be unable to attack, and remain so for a rather long period of time.

EDIT: I'd also just like to point out that there's no good reason players don't use BOTH Frost and Limbo in a group.  A snow globe that's inside a Cataclysm bubble provides complete and total immunity for everything in the game, along with energy regeneration, and frees up Limbo to collapse the bubble long enough for people to collect loot without getting shot to death while it's down.  Limbo+Frost+GMag+Mesa could probably wipe 60 rounds without an issue.  I quit farming since the 4x loot weekend a while back (I now have like 300 of every rare resource so I play missions for fun only now since I'll probably never need to farm again) but if I was, this is what I'd try.  Just a thought.

Edited by chuckdm