The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Not Welcome Loki To T3 And T4?

Only loki that i can accept in high tier endless mission is disarm loki, coz only he can be usefull to the whole team. And not, getting most kill at the end is not even nearly usefull to the team, as running maps wheres only nullifiers left with guns, and it's aslo loki task to take them down. For me only place for invis lokis is solo syndi mission

In survival perma invi loki only burdened the team.

if u can't max range your disarm you pretty much useless.

The other factors is team play. Perma invi loki mean less target to shoot at. In other words your team take the heat. But that why disarm comes to play

then again volt is probably the reason they don't want you.

face it even master race self claim title won't save you

People actually do that?...

I chose Perma-invis so I could maximize DPS and slay as many enemies as possible..

How do you think I should go about trying to prove to people I'm not a leach then?

JOIN.A.CLAN.

You will never have this problem again.

Mine's Dark Aura. Look us up. Or find one in line with your gameplay style. Laid back. Plenty of vets. And we don't shive a GIT about which frame you use, because if you are with us, we want you to be yourself.

What is a hallway hero??

Hallway heroes are those that stay in the hallways at the spawn points and take all the bad guys out abd sometimes end up dying more frequently. So you are having to constantly revive them. Or they run off ahead killing everything before you even get a chance to say hi.

Doorway heroes are worse. Doorway heroes sit just outside the door where the spawn point is and wait for the enemy to spawn and takes them all down fast getting all the points for themselves.

Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp

What is a hallway hero??...

Basically, during Defense or Mobile Defense missions, "hallway heroes" are people who stay away from the defense objective and stay close to enemy spawn for the sake of getting lots of kills and generally experiencing more action. This is highly frowned-upon because:

- You are far away from the defense objective, meaning that the mission can easily be compromised if a small handful of enemies slip past.

- If you're sitting in the hallway near where enemies spawn, chances are you're too far away from the objective for your teammates (who are sitting at the objective to ensure that the mission goes by smoothly) to get any Affinity. So your teammates gain less EXP because of your heroic shenanigans, and this can encourage them to leave the objective and go join you in your heroic hallway battles. This worsens the issue in the first point.

- When you kill enemies very far away from the objective, resource and mod drops end up very far away from the objective and the only way for most squads to grab them is to run to them. This is not only a huge inconvenience for your team, but also worsens the issue in the first point.

- If your hallway hero shenanigans are successful and you're happily slaying every single freshly-spawned enemy that comes your way, your teammates have fewer enemies to fight and they get bored. This can draw them into hallway heroism as well, which worsening the issue in the first point.

- If your hallway hero shenanigans dismally fail and you die, your teammates have to run all the way to where you are to revive you (and, in less experienced teams, you might actually get all three teammates charging straight to your location for that sweet, sweet revival Affinity). This can worsen the issue in the first point.

That's the gist of it, anyway.

Edited by SortaRandom

volt/nova/Loki/nekros for t4s 

In fact that team comp is imo the best possible comp

Why Nova over say.. Vauban? Seems like the size of her CC would be detrimental to killing things for LS more than anything, plus less hard CC.

Also you'd be really dry on energy with that comp, 800 restores in those 7 hours of play? Not to say it isn't a pretty decent comp.

In PCLand, Loki is welcome to..mostly anything.

m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶r̶a̶t̶e̶

jk but in all seriousness, as stated above they probably wanted a set strategy or something like that

still wasn't a reason for them to be pushy about it like they were

In Ps4 land, most warframes are welcome to mostly anything.

Except Limbo. Because no smart random limbos exist anywhere in the world. Unless they're on the forums, in which they're not randoms anymore.

Loki's a good frame for most things, those who don't want Loki are looking for more specific frames, and they should've, you know, SAID THAT.

Most people who ask for specific frames have a set strategy they are trying to use, if Loki is not in that frame list then they don't want them to deviate from their plan. Also you know, Loki has a bad reputation for being the trolling frame.

I can respect people who are looking for specific strategies and what not. The issue is it appears no one has room for Loki in their builds. I even see stuff like "T3 SURV - ALL BUT LOKI WELCOME".

Kinda ironic that Loki the legendary trickster is the go to troll class. I can see how it can be abused and irritate other players. I will admit I have done some playing around in groups with the switch teleport ability, but ultimately I'm after completion and I won't mess around if me doing so is infringing on completion.

Loki heard you both and is cursing you to play with random 12 year olds who just got all of limbo's skills unlocked.

In Ps4 land, most warframes are welcome to mostly anything.

Except Limbo. Because no smart random limbos exist anywhere in the world. Unless they're on the forums, in which they're not randoms anymore.

Loki's a good frame for most things, those who don't want Loki are looking for more specific frames, and they should've, you know, SAID THAT.

I love Limbo. What a hero. What an ABSOLUTE hero. Rift Walk at all times, banish caster frames, and let's just sit here in ethereal safety while your squishy little caster hands spam your strong abilities. The undisputed KING of rescue missions. And when he has to solo and there's no one to benefit from banish, homeboy just waltzes through the place, banishing, stabbing punks flopping around on the floor, then waltzing on to the next one. He's like that cartoon character with the intellectual depth of a petri dish who no one takes seriously, yet he always seems to do exactly what the group needed. 

Look, we all wanted to see what he was capable of when we first got him. You just gotta get the Cataclysm explosions out of your system and really appreciate what he can do. Stir in his augment mod for Banish, and now he's even a healer. Limbo is a freaking champ. I love this guy.

As other have mentioned, I'd say more than half of the Loki players out there fall into one of the three categories.

-Troll Loki, switch teleporting players outside of the map constantly.

-Hallway Hero Loki, killing enemies away from everyone else...causing players to lose out on xp and drops.

-Invisible Build Loki, who has no ranged mods equipped and never uses radial disarm, which is nearly worthless in a "team" mission.

There's that and that fact that most players run T3/T4 with max efficiency in mind.

That...if you're not running a camp squad somehow you're doing it wrong.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Uhhh camp squads make me fall asleep and drool into my keyboard. I don't like fryig keyboards. Camping is not on my agenda. If someone says we are camping, I drop group. If we are in mission and someone suggests camping, I fight against the idea, and if they camp, I do my own thing. Camping is lame.

I love Limbo. What a hero. What an ABSOLUTE hero. Rift Walk at all times, banish caster frames, and let's just sit here in ethereal safety while your squishy little caster hands spam your strong abilities. The undisputed KING of rescue missions. And when he has to solo and there's no one to benefit from banish, homeboy just waltzes through the place, banishing, stabbing punks flopping around on the floor, then waltzing on to the next one. He's like that cartoon character with the intellectual depth of a petri dish who no one takes seriously, yet he always seems to do exactly what the group needed. 

Look, we all wanted to see what he was capable of when we first got him. You just gotta get the Cataclysm explosions out of your system and really appreciate what he can do. Stir in his augment mod for Banish, and now he's even a healer. Limbo is a freaking champ. I love this guy.

No, you don't understand.

I appreciate that he can be a great support frame.

People who DON'T USE LIMBO RIGHT are the people I referred to. The non-smart Limbo players.

Why Nova over say.. Vauban? Seems like the size of her CC would be detrimental to killing things for LS more than anything, plus less hard CC.

Also you'd be really dry on energy with that comp, 800 restores in those 7 hours of play? Not to say it isn't a pretty decent comp.

Nova's great for a damage multiplier and enemy slowdown. It makes the battlefield more controllable and easier to maneuver about while giving everyone a damage buff. Her abilities also have a larger range than Vortex for less cost of energy, and isn't limited by enemy count (like Bastille). Plus, it isn't as "manual" as using Vauban's powers. AM drop is also good for killing a lot of stuff when needed. She's also faster and typically more survivable than Vauban.

Energy usage isn't really a concern as long as everyone sticks together and supports each other. There's just an abundance of enemies. I never worry about energy in survivals/defense especially if there is a Nekros around.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

Reminds me of a T4 defense i went to as Loki. The GMag didn't want to switch to Frost, so they kept asking if i could go Frost but i didn't rank him. We successfully made it to 20 waves with me spamming Irradiating Disarm to keep the pod safe. They didn't realize Loki was even capable of that kind of CC.

Loki's job to screw up the enemy's plans  and play life guard .As someone  that likes to use Ash over Loki I would be a complete Idiot to not let a Loki run with me in a t3 t4 run  .

Don't worry OP when they get more play  time they will under stand how a good loki can blessing in a run

Reminds me of a T4 defense i went to as Loki. The GMag didn't want to switch to Frost, so they kept asking if i could go Frost but i didn't rank him. We successfully made it to 20 waves with me spamming Irradiating Disarm to keep the pod safe. They didn't realize Loki was even capable of that kind of CC.

And if you keep spamming it the enemy will just stand there for easy kills for your team mates 

I main Loki but don't tend to use irradiating disarm.  In general that slows the kills down.  Regular disarm provides a steady stream of glow-stick mobs running straight at you.

I only use invis builds for solo as that can make you a liability to your team. Disarm with range and you'll be your team's best friend.

Edited by h8seekr