Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor - How Does It Stack Up?

IX-44

I've obtained the Simulor, and from what I can gather, it's an attempt on a good idea to make it similar to Quanta's secondary combined with Vauban's Vortex.

Yes, it just came out.

Yes I'm judging it from only having it at Rank 15.

What I've discovered is that the gun fires small orbs that, alone, have no special qualities. They bounce off players, enemies, and the environment with a range of 10 meters. When two orbs are close enough they will pull towards one another slowly until they combine. When two combine it creates a small blast that deals the weapon damage in a radius of 3 meters around the orb. When you shoot five into a group of one it creates a vortex similar to that of Vauban's Vortex ability with a radius of about 3 meters once again. Right clicking at any point creates a detonation that has a range of about 5 meters, dealing full damage.

Pros:

Great idea!

Looks cool.

Decent damage unmodded.

Cons:

Vortex effect takes 5 shots to activate.

Vortex range cannot be changed in any way currently and is rather small as it is.

Low damage in the long run.

These are just off the top of my head while I'm running this Tactical Alert, so if you have anything to add to this list from your own testing, be my guest.

-EirwynTelyn

Can Sinister Reach be equipped on this weapon? 

The question above me is good as well. 

While I can't think of any way to increase duration, and that makes me sad, if Sinister Reach, or Firestorm could improve the range, and Split Chamber could possibly make it shoot more orbs so you could make a vortex quicker, then maybe it could have some utility after all. 

I really want to try this weapon, but I'm still trying to get the standing up again for Simaris to buy it. Any info you have on what mods work on it would be really helpful! 

I appreciate the analysis so far by the way. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

No, Firestorm and Sinister Reach cannot be equipped.

I'll do some testing with Split Chamber.

EDIT: With Split Chamber, the vortex begins after three shots.

Edited by EirwynTelyn

Adding in more shots to an existing vortex will extend the vortex's duration.

It also currently does not ragdoll enemies nor suck them in.

It only sucks in dead entities and drops.

Detonating the orbs/vortexes gives all enemies within the range of the blast an electric proc.

Edited by Laisha

Doesn't count, Mirage makes every gun good. 

What he said.

What you're seeing are Mirage's four holograms firing an entire group of five shots, which is enough to create one vortex. Hence, Vortex in one shot.

Split Chamber feels wasted on this gun - sure, it starts the vortex effect sooner, but the initial shot (which should pretty much insta-combine, thereby dealing damage) does no damage and detonation of it continues to do no damage. Might be a bug, might be a 'this is the only way it'll work without breaking,' might be any number of things. Maybe Heavy Caliber would let them split well enough to recombine after firing?

What he said.

What you're seeing are Mirage's four holograms firing an entire group of five shots, which is enough to create one vortex. Hence, Vortex in one shot.

Also has anyone been experiencing host migration constantly as soon as HoM and eclipse is used with simulor? Happens 6 times in one match (5 waves) on sechura.

Leveled it to 30, haven't forma'd it yet.

I was expecting a primary version of the Synoid Gammacor from the looks and was disappointed it was not that. Then after looking at it, I thought 'weak, magnetic damage Torid?' Then I used it and kind of continued thinking that. It's like the Penta and Torid had a weak magnetic baby. Having said that, the gun is actually pretty neat/fun to use, if a bit clunky. The base damage is also pretty meh on the arsenal screen, but it seemed to do like 10x what the shown damage was so who knows.

Pros - looks awesome, fun to play around with, no self damage

Cons - Low magnetic base damage, kind of clunky and unreliable if you need to kill something immediately or from any sort of range beyond like 20m

Overall? I like it. I'll probably throw a bunch of forma at it to see what happens.

Funnoest thing I read about this wep was in the founder chat channel:

"DE has broken physics, this thing sucks and blows at the same time"

I'd give credit to someone, but they made me spill coffee on my keyboard.

Edited by Keltik0ne

from my testing runs, "merge" explosion does 170 base damage without multishot, and 190 with maxed multishot. i think there must be some bugs here. also i'd like to see the "balls" actually sucked by enemies, not reflected by them.

Ok, what is causing it to scan enemies?

I have NO idea what its doing it, the Vortex or the proc. All I know is that some enemies give Simaris rep and others don't.

I HAD wondered why it only had 100 charges. Odd that is the EXACT same number as Synthesis Scanner charges... But then it picks up rifle ammo. I think. Was a little busy during the TA. I'll do some testing.

Edited by Kalenath

(gravi = gravity thingy)

1.) The fact that you can detonate the gravi while it's in flight is nice, but they fly quickly relative to their actual AOE radius when doing this.  Making it so that the gravi sticks to things on impact instead of bouncing off would make this a much nicer to use mechanic.

2.) Feedback from the weapon is very disappointing. It just kind of chirps and enemies fall over dead. A visual shockwave that indicates an explosion took place, combined with adding ragdoll to bodies killed by it, would make it feel more meaty. Also no visual feedback for how long an active singularity has on its duration. Perhaps effects could die down as it gets closer to collapse.

3.) The gravity well mode feels basically pointless. The radius is tiny, the damage is mediocre, and enemies aren't fazed by it at all. Suggest that it be possible to keep pumping gravi into an active singularity to increase its size/damage radius while reducing its duration. At 10 shots (i.e. empty the magazine), the singularity reaches its maximum size and immediately explodes with devastating force and large damage radius, while sucking in all the bodies and loot.

Pros:

-Damage is pretty decent

-Detonation has a 100% chance to proc a status effect (Magnetic, Electricity, or an element you added)

-Pretty ammo efficient despite it's smaller than average ammo reserve

-The premise and design alone are worth points

Cons:

-Extremely short range

-Damage seems to be a bit sporadic (at least in my experience)

-Neither Terminal Velocity nor Firestorm can be used to improve it

-The vortex is nearly useless: minor damage and no CC. Nothing more than a glorified loot vacuum at present

I really want to like this gun, the idea of shooting miniature black holes reminds me of the Rift Ripper from Ratchet and Clank 3, and for what it's worth it is a decent gun at best. Unfortunately the short range and the fact that the main selling point of the gun, the black holes, are pretty much worthless kinda makes it feel a lot less interesting of a weapon than it should be.

Max range of the projectiles should be kicked up to 15-20m, Terminal Velocity and Firestorm should be equippable, and if making the vortexes ragdoll enemies is a bit OP than at the very least the DoT could be bumped up and it could reduce their movement speed as they pass by.