Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor Feedback

Instinction

Love the weapon.

It's not the most viable weapon, but it is unique and incredibly fun, which puts it a cut above the rest in my book.

MORE UNIQUE WEAPONRY LIKE THIS PLEASE. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. I LOOOOVVVEEE WEAPONS WITH UNIQUE DESIGN MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Ehem, now then.

Firestorm. Please make that equippable, or simply increase the "explosive" range of the weapon.

Also, though I do love the weapon, there really isn't anything about it that makes it live up to it's "grav gun" name.

I would highly suggest, that when the "ball" makes an initial impact with an enemy, it would proc a Rhino Stomp effect, where the enemy would be suspended for a short time.

Or the alternative, slightly more complex, hugely more awesome idea:

When the ball makes the initial impact with an enemy, the enemy begins to float straight up into the air in a ragdolled state. Upon the grav effect ending, the enemy falls to the ground and takes "smash" damage.

Thanks for your time, I really really hope a member of the DE team sees this.

I don't want to toot my own horn, but seriously, this would make the weapon extraordinary whilst maitaining balance. :)

Firestorm and Terminal Velocity should be enabled.

The ball does need to have some damage or an effect on enemies when it hits them, and given that the projectiles are difficult to control, and have a tendency to ricochet off enemies, the base explosion radius needs to be increased significantly.

Also, is the blast damage meant to scale with the number of combined singularities? It is very disappointing spending several seconds setting up a trap, only to have it do the same damage as a spontaneous shot.

The weapon could do with more damage, but in this case, I would prefer to see the utility increased, with the damage kept roughly as is.

Edited by Kthal

I was disappointed in this weapon UNTIL I tried it against Corpus. Even with no forma on it, I was decimating entire groups with 3 shots. it was like I had a shorter range Tonkor in hand.

It is hard to use, no question. the balls bounce in VERY odd ways. Close range, forget it and use melee. But at it's range? OMG it is HILARIOUS! I took down 20 lvl 35 Corpus with thee shots in one of the alerts last night.

Not as good against Grineer or Infested, but the GUARANTEED electric proc is NICE. Corpus and Corrupted just melt.

Edited by Kalenath

Things I wouldn't mind seeing for this gun:

-Increase the max range of the spheres to 15-20m

-Allow us to use Terminal Velocity and Firestorm

-Vortexes should have their DoT kicked up a bit, and should slow down enemy movement speed

Otherwise it's a fun gun, unfortunately not much reason to take it over a Quanta or Penta, but I think with a few tweaks it can stand out a bit more from those two weapons.

"Simulor Gravitational Singularity Generator available now!

Send the enemy into oblivion! The Simulor Gravitational Singularity Generator produces miniature Gravitational Singularities that can be used for scientific study or self-defense."

Verry nice. So i thought. I ve 3 Formas now on it. Here are my experience with the simulor.

It is verry special to play with it. Its more a trap gun. Traps are nice like vortex or exploding projectils like penta. At this point i miss the use for the Simulor Vortex. It deals verry less damage over time and the biggest question for me is why is it called Gravitational Singularity it dont attracts enemys. It just attracts loot and death bodys. Even the synthenis target is not attracted by it.

My suggestion let the Gravitational Singularity attract enemys and synthesis target like vaubans vortex.

I ve played some different missions with it. Extermination on low level missions is fun cz enemys die on a single explosion. On higher missions like ceres extermination it is hard to play cz it is a trap weapon with some disadvantages first the flight range is to short. I got shot before the balls  reached the target.

My suggestion increse fight speed and flight range. Would be nice if u increse the fire rate too.

Now a big plus for the weapon

it´s a team wepon its balls stack with team balls.

Another thing: idk if its just me or when using Split Chamber with this gun theres a slight issue. When firing 1 shot (which would be 2 majority of the time cuz Split Chamber isnt 100%) and detonating it, the blast does not hurt the enemies for some odd reason. Other wise the gun works fine but needs more to it.

Was playing with it today, tried some mirage games and I noticed that mirage has a problem with host/not host. If host (me), each shot would delete the previous wave. So with clones out and I fire 5 shots, sometimes they make the lvl 5 vortex, sometimes not, if I attempt to fire again, all previous shots dissapear for the host and are replaced with the newly fired ones. If not host (my friend) you may see a bunch of tiny spheres slowly stacking up in what he called "a sponge". Early when I was running around non host I saw it but did not grab a screenshot. Basically all the spheres just sit next to eachother clumped up and when they explode theres a brief freeze in FPS followed by massive damage. Probably similar to other mirage host bugs but that's what i got. Fun weapon

Let's establish what is a mechanics and what is a bug.

Vortex should pull in living enemies, not just corpses, right?

Firestorm mod will soon be all text no picture from pointing out on which weapon it works, but yeah it should be equipable on Simulor. 

Split Chamber should fire two balls, not just one counting as two?

Also, secondary fire with no zoom is hell, please DE fix better late than never.

Hum, for sure firestorm and terminal velocity really should be able for this utility weapon, can't understand why they don't.

Afterwards this weapon really got a lake, if it finally could deal some moderate but fine damage (only with the merging aoe) this is not really easy to use in fast fight, even with a maxxed rate of fire.

If damage can stay like that (even if a mini buff would be welcome), works on the utility aspect would be really a nice add.

First disappointment when I've try this weapon : it don't suck alive ennemis nor bullet. the cake is a lie!

I can understand that a free full range Vauban's vortex for 5 ammo will be a bit OP but nothing more than a tiny loot pull is a bit...sad.

I personnaly think that it should pull ennemis, perhaps scale the ennemis pull range by number of bullet stack in.

The fact that the vortex increse and decrease depending on balls lifetime and number of stacked balls can be a great control of it's power.

A fine scale of a ennemis pull's range depending on the number of stacked balls could be really balanced.

A vauban's vortex range only when you got 7-8 stacked ball will be a bit hard to reach but possible.

Like that you can maintain with a contiuous spam 2 half vortex or 1 vauban's vortex.

And Vauban will still got is mastering of sucking by the ability to do something else than aim a vortex and spam some balls in. =)

Afterwards... Second disappointment : Physics engine can't handle Mirage's clones using this grav gun.

5 balls for a vortex? ...

Hummmm, mirage + 4 clone = 5 balls \o/

Like the quanta's cube carpet, I've can wait to try this strange gun with Mirage.

First try on akkad, madness, but not as expected...

Balls shooted at a same time and same distance can't merge to a vortex, they disappear in an explosion without any trigger.

And the explosion itself seams strange....

Affecting infested in a huge range; they seems totally incapacited, and stuck in their spawn...

Please DE, take a look of the merging mecanism under Mirage profil. (+add firestorm + a real grav effect affecting alive ennemis) :3

PS: And something like mag bullet attractor or antimatter drop's absorb can help 

Edited by ZeGreymane

Simulor need a BUFF and here the list:

_ Let us use Firestorm, the blast range is ridiculous
_ Let us use Velocity, that would increase the ball speed, ball attract speed
_ Hell, some more range on the ball
_ Vortex ain't pull enemy in but it should make some enemy immobilized (like 3 or 5 enemy in the DOT range)
_ And also dmg, it's just plain bad (Unless with shield type, which honestly would do somewhat good)

Penta does 350 damage and is MUCH easier to use, especially with the fast pace of Warframe.

Torid does more DoT and can be spammed everywhere.

Basically, I am alluding to a bit of a damage buff. However, rather than just giving it more straight up damage, just make the stacking of orbs more effective. So, as of now when you have two orbs combine, it does 170 damage. Give that a little buff to 200 damage then have the next ball do the damage of the first (200) in addition to the damage of the second shot (200). So first shot does 0 damage (same as now), second does 200, third does 400, fourth does 600, and the final Vortex does 800 upon initial creation. From there, every time you shoot another orb into the Vortex it will only do the base 200 damage. As for Vortex damage, have it do 50 damage per second. It cost you 5 ammo to make that Vortex, so I would think it should be at least a little bit better than Torid's 40 damage. 

Okay, now for the other quality of life stuff.

• Firestorm and Terminal Velocity, of course.
  • Innate/unmoddable 50% impact proc chance per second during Vortex (for CC)
  • When you detonate the orbs, it does half of the damage accumulated (If you detonate one orb, it does 100 damage. If you detonate the combination of two orbs, it does 200. If you detonate a Vortex, it does 400)

Yes, this is a hell of a buff, but think about this weapon. Compared to the other launchers, the pace of play for this weapon is MUCH slower. you start combining balls... but all of the enemies have moved on/are already killed. There needs to be a hell of a reward for staying in one place. Also, I want this to be able to do high level stuff, I am tired of DE making weapons with cool mechanics that just don't cut it in the damage department, thus cant be taken to higher level stuff. 

Edited by DrBorris

-snip-

I absolutely agree on all accounts, except maybe the 50% Impact/second. I would suggest either using Shock, or being split between Shock/Impact/Blast, but it makes no big difference.

Edited by Kthal

I feel that there is a difference between having a weapon require more player involvement to use well and just being awkward to play with, and there are multiple weapons this criticism can be directed to (almost all of the weapons with alt fire mechanics). The Simulor in it's current state isn't really suited to the fast pace of gameplay in Warframe outside camping; the orbs are just too slow to do what they do.

The Simulor can be brought up to other syndicate weapons's level in terms of usability by dramatically increasing the speed with which the orbs gravitate towards each other. Another change that can give the weapon a bit more utility(and just be fun to play with) is to make every orb fusion yank enemies towards the point of collision; like a smaller less intense AoE pull. Really, come on now, what kind of gravity-based videogame weapon can't bully enemies around even a little?

Edited by Variablemania

i can say i was thinking or making a gas status build for this with its built in proc, tho damage is low as a single shot ITSELF (excluding crit chance and user head aiming skills) not able to get over 2000, unless you stack the shots i mean, but it is time to do that and damage/ammo there kinda... tho i can say that does not seem like you will run out a lot in general............... but COME ON 3 second reload.... atl east it is not supra bad... sold it with my forma T_T

the slot need for the poor traders (was) real :P